ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• V4MPiR1
    216 posts

@imagine_brata

No, the mask does not count

Exactly this. It appears that they didn't want to activate any brand bonuses, and merely used the Gila brand tag so players aren't asking, "Where are all the other Acme gear pieces?"

@apexxxero

This mask is pretty lackluster IMO. It's an Improvised gear piece with an additional mod slot rather than a secondary stat. Improvised gear in the Chest, Mask, and Backpack slot is pretty much worse than about any other gear piece you can slot. The only time I would use improvised gear is in gear slots that do not already have mod slots. It allows you to swap the brand set bonus for a mod slot bonus.

For example, Brand Set Mask provides the following

Brand Set Bonus
    Secondary Stat

You get 5 stat bonuses on that piece. The Improvised and Chill Out only provides the following:

Primary Stat
    Mod Slot
    Primary Stat
    Mod Slot

That's only 4 stat bonuses. You're giving up any number of additional bonuses that could be useful. It's not worth it IMO.
    If they had made it count towards the Gila Guard set it would have been better

I completely agree with this assessment.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    you can squeeze and extra something in there for some builds , some more PFE

It's a niche build, but this is where it will shine - i.e. protection from elites is only available as a mod, not as an attribute.

• Myrdhyn74
    10 posts

The mask could be interesting for a backfire build.

One attribute HZP, two mods against bleed would mean up to 30 % against the bleed effect.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@myrdhyn74 yep, it would be a good alternative to trying to farm the DZ for a good Yaahl piece.

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 847 posts

i tryed it , its under whelming againt any other backfire build you can do with what you already got previously , like dagrommit said i can only see it useful for someone who cant get a good yaahl piece.

in general its as useful as the sleigher im afraid.

• WrecK3rr
    203 posts

I'm looking for one with a red minor attribute already on it. Preferably CHD.
    Then re-roll core attribute to red and add two maxed out CHD mods in the mod slots.

Although I think Coyote will still be best in slot for a red build.

• ApexXxero
    79 posts
    I'm looking for one with a red minor attribute already on it. Preferably CHD.
    Then re-roll core attribute to red and add two maxed out CHD mods in the mod slots.

Although I think Coyote will still be best in slot for a red build.

Even a Grupo with crit damage would be better

With Grupo it's possible

15% Crit Damage -Brand Set Bonus 1 pc

12% Crit Damage - Secondary Attribute

12% Crit Damage- Mod Slot

Total = 39%

Plus you would have an additional secondary stat for something like crit chance

With the Chill out you would only get 36% crit damagae at most and lose out on an additional stat bonus

If you're trying to add another piece to amp up crit damage you would be better off using an improvised piece in one of the gear slots that doesn't have a mod slot(gloves, kness,holster) so you can still get the talent bonus for the mask.

None of the suggestions mentioned make this piece worth using. If you want an extra protection from elite mod, use an improvised piece in one of the slots I mentioned. Same for the bleed mods or whatever else. Any way you slice it, it's better to not give up the 5 stat bonuses brand sets provide in those slots for just 4.

• WrecK3rr
    203 posts

@apexxxero True. Only builds I can think of which can actually benefit from this mask at this point are improvised gear builds.

• SuspiciousPixel
    200 posts
    @suspiciouspixel

you can squeeze and extra something in there for some builds , some more PFE , some more CHD, some more bleed resistance...

It's probably more beneficial for some blue build where you can slap on more PFE but not for red builds which come with brand set bonuses. However you can do that with a bog standard improvised mask anyway.

@honestlyok1986

how did you get the goblin to appear so many times?

You can log out and back in then go to your favourite goblin spawn place and he will spawn again 70% of the time, not guaranteed but the chance is quite high.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

Coyote isn't ALWAYS the answer. Sometimes you need the CHD past the 15m mark, but don't need the CHC that anything else brings with it, and you are already using Grupo elsewhere in the build.

Not talking to you or any one person necessarily, but people in general need to stop crapping on it. If you don't like it, don't use it. Move on. It's super niche, but super useful when you need it.

• WrecK3rr
    203 posts

@txdieselkid No one is "crapping" on it. Just sharing their opinions as they should and as you just did.
    Not talking about something isn't going to make it better or more likeable.
    And yes, you're right, I only use Coyote on my red AR build which already has a Grupo piece in it.

• ApexXxero
    79 posts
    Coyote isn't ALWAYS the answer
    people in general need to stop crapping on it.

Coyote is extremely versatile and provides better bonuses overall. Even past 15 meters you get 10% CHD up to 25m. That's 2% less than a mod slot or secondary slot. The tradeoff is that when you're closer than 15m you get more than double what any secondary stat or mod slot provides. Plus the bonus applies to your whole team. If you're further out than 25M then you're sniping, which generally finds the extra CHC useful. There's a reason why it's the go to for most damage builds

Chill Out is crap, plain and simple. You show me a build you think it works well in and I'll show you one better. There's a reason you don't see people running improvised pieces in those slots. Same reason you won't see many people running this one. It's crap. End of story.
    You're just arguing the point to argue the point. You're wrong. Plain and simple

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

@apexxxero LMFAO! Sure. Thanks for explaining what the Coyote mask does. At SHD level 4,600 I had no idea.

Never said anyone wasn't entitled to their opinion, I just don't think it deserves the wrath the community has put out there crapping on it the way they have. It's a cool concept, just not the most useful which I previously mentioned going so far as to use the word "niche".

• ApexXxero
    79 posts
    @apexxxero LMFAO! Sure. Thanks for explaining what the Coyote mask does. At SHD level 4,600 I had no idea.

Never said anyone wasn't entitled to their opinion, I just don't think it deserves the wrath the community has put out there crapping on it the way they have. It's a cool concept, just not the most useful which I previously mentioned going so far as to use the word "niche".

The community is crapping on it because it's crap.

Players having been waiting for something, anything for the last year. When they finally announce something, it's delayed twice now. The TU they gave us I wouldn't even call it a TU. It's a very small update at best. Lots of the issues players have been complaining about never got addressed, and now when they add a new piece of gear, it's garbage. Every aspect of it is. The fact that they simply changed an improvised piece to give it 2 mod slots rather than 2 secondary stats shows they put very little effort in to it. They couldn't even be bothered to give it more than a generic icon in inventory. It's just another reminder to the community how left behind and forgotten they are.

Division 2 releaseed in the first quarter of 2019. The game is not even 3 years old and it's practically on life support. Rainbow 6 Siege released in 2015, and it's still getting plenty of support and lots of updates. Assasins Creed Oddysey released in 2017 and they just announced another content update for it. I can't imagine why this community feels the way it does /s

Quoting your SHD level to me like it's supposed to give some sort of validity to your comments is laughable. That's like saying that age is indicative of wisdom.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    It's a very small update at best.

Nobody expected otherwise given the delay. Having said that, the Strikers rework seems to have been well received.

Division 2 releaseed in the first quarter of 2019. The game is not even 3 years old and it's practically on life support.

The reasons for this are well known at this point (i.e. Ubi suits changed strategy: (https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-05-11-ubisoft-posts-record-sales-yet-again-delays-skull-and-bones-yet-again)). Not sure what this has to do with whether the mask is any good, but you do you.

Raibow 6 Siege released in 2015, and it's still getting plenty of support and lots of updates. Assasins Creed Oddysey released in 2017 and they just announced another content update for it.

Siege is an esports game with a massive player base - large enough to support in-person tournaments with multi-million dollar prize pools before the pandemic. The update for Odyssey is all of one quest that's effectively an an ad for Valhalla so people will buy the latter. Ubi pulled a similar stunt with Ghost Recon Wildlands when they added a mission that tied into Breakpoint.

• Noxious81
    828 posts

So... coming BTT, I'd also say the Chill Out is a mask for niche builds. You might find some rare builds working with PfE where you really benefit from having an extra mod slot. Or DPS builds that rely on CHD and do not need a Brand bonus or a second attribute, so you can slap 3x 12% CHD on the mask.

But since even this combination does not stand up the comparison to a Grupo mask or a mask with a Brand boosting the main weapon's damage (Fenris etc.) when looking oooooonly at the masks... this remains a niche for only a few builds. For the most other builds, masks with a Brand bonus will be more effective.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

I'm just happy that I can rock a Memento, a piece of Grupo, and still tack on another piece with 36% CHD. Pretty cool outside the box concept given the current gear in the game.

• ApexXxero
    79 posts

@txdieselkid Please share this amazing build with the community so we can all see where we may be underestimating this mask

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

@apexxxero I mean I listed 3 of the pieces, if you can't figure out the rest... 🤷

Also can use it in PvP with a Ridgeway's and a Grupo there to also stack on the CHD there along with the option to have it be an armor core.

But you know, it's crap.

• ApexXxero
    79 posts

@txdieselkid I obviously don't have the expertise you do since I can't see the value in this mask. I was just hoping you could share.
    So far you have a Memento, Grupo, and the Chill Out Mask. 3 additional pieces could provide a lot of variation. Don't leave your audience in suspense. Show us your god tier build with the Chill Out.
    All I see so far is a lot of deflection

Suggested Topics