ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xcel30
    Original poster 685 posts

You guys have no excuse to not also rebalance OD gear set before the update is out

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TxDieselKid
    288 posts

Yes, THAT tweet.

Didn't think we would be seeing that update in this TU, but I'm glad we did. Wish she would have gone full D1 and added .02% armor regen stacks (50 stacks gets to 1%) but it's still a GREAT change.

Excited to see what she does with ND. Read a suggestion on reddit this morning for OD that I kind of like, switching it over to explosive damage (currently status), and dropping explosive ammo. Could be a very interesting switch if they actually made an explosive damage based gear set.

System Corruption... my old friend. How I want you to be the OP build that you could have, and should have been. I've written multiple times at length on these forums (the old version and not this updated version) about how to boost this set to be viable in PvP (mostly the DZ). I would love nothing more than to see this set make taking on a group of 4 rogues/bullies as a solo player possible, but I just don't know if that's reasonable. The buffs/debuffs could be dependent upon how many hostiles/non-hostiles are within nearest 30m (random number), but I just don't see this dream coming true.

Either way, I love what Trick is doing so far......

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    I would love nothing more than to see this set make taking on a group of 4 rogues/bullies as a solo player possible, but I just don't know if that's reasonable.

Yeah, I don't think that'll happen, but it would be hilarious if it did.

• TxDieselKid
    288 posts
    @dagrommit Yeah, I don't think that'll happen, but it would be hilarious if it did.

Yeah, the idea I thought of was based on how many more hostiles are around you than non-hostiles. That way even if you're not grouped up, the overwhelming armor/damage bonus you would for that situation doesn't proc. Banshee in D1 had different bonus/talents rather you were rogue or not, and I think something like that would be needed in addition.

I just always had a thing for what System Corruption was themed around and want it to be my PvP build....

• Imagine_Brata
    416 posts

@txdieselkid I think Memento can work well with striker for armor regeneration

• TxDieselKid
    288 posts

@imagine_brata yup, along with the gun talent Preservation.

• xcel30
    Original poster 685 posts

@txdieselkid It actually used to be an explosive ammo gear set before the expansion, the set has quite the story with multiple different versions that all kinda had their issues, It's time to go down in memory lane

• Original 6 piece version: Any kill would give you small random amount of special ammo (explosive with bleed, incendiary that would set enemies on fire and shock rounds) to a random weapon that you were not holding, secondary talent that would pickup every item around you in a large radius every 45s or so. It kinda sucked since you lost a lot of damage and had to constantly juggle weapons
    • Revisited 6 piece version: You would get more special ammo from kills (from 1-3 in the original version to 5-10 bullets instead) you could get ammo directly into the gun you were using also, so it was less gimmick but sitll pretty weak due it's subpar stats and bonus, oh also the pikcup thing
    • Remade 4 piece version: Close to the version we had to WONY, if you killed enemies suffering from status effect, they would drop explosive ammo (every shot would deal a mini explosion based on 10% of the weapon damage and cause bleed), you would get 30 rounds per pickup and had to manually go there grab it, so that part kinda sucked but hey it was kinda fun also carry 30 explosive shells for my shotgun.
    • WONY version: Switch explosive ammo for hollow points we have now, amplify damage and now backpack and chestpiece has talents, old backpack talent was to auto pickup items whenever reloaded so you could pick ammo from afar but since the limit was 30 and if multiple ammo polls where out there then all of them would be wasted
    • Revisited WONY: The version we currently have with ammo being based on magazine, goes directly into your gun on kill aannnnnd the backpack tries to buff bleed damage and duration but bleeds sucks so much, so much really that it still sucks

Thus ends my random post about all the versions of Ongoing directive in case people don't remember how that set used to be

Well this wouldn't be a thread about OD without a rework suggestion so here it goes. Switch hollow points to explosive ammo with few changes, explosive ammo now replaces 100% of your normal damage for explosive damage, 3 piece set bonus is now +20% explosive damage, any enemy that you caused status effect now will give you ammo when killed including by teamates, backpack gives you 5 explosive shots every 5 seconds.

Simply changing the damage to explosive and adding explosive damage as bonus complements better eachother, explosive bullets before would ignore armored dogs armor and few other targets becuase it has a small AOE meaning it would also hit multiple armor plates besides causing bleed, would give people reason to use explosive skills to get ammo more eficiently, we don't have an explosive based gear set anymore, also backpack would drasticly help guns that suffer from small magazines to be useful with the set without oushining the fact that LMGS would carry hundreds of bullets

• Imagine_Brata
    416 posts

the new updated stiker in action with Dark Winter

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

Lol, people finally realised the power of Striker set.
    Try it with Chameleon. You will be surprised.

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...) Try it with Chameleon. You will be surprised.

👍
    Chameleon, Obliterate, Memento. It's even viable now on consoles thanks to Trick's change.

• TxDieselKid
    288 posts

So how did everyone build their Striker last night? 😜

I decided to attempt to put together my D1 Striker set. Obviously a LOT of things are not interchangeable there, but the goal was to find a DPS build that I could sit back in cover, and shoot almost non-stop (rarely have to use a heal). I stress tested it, and feels pretty close. My most used PvE version in D1 was all EAD and DTA with 6K FA and 6K Stam. It had a LWM4 with Destructive, Responsive and Predatory. Also had a LWM4 with Destructive, Sustained, and Predatory for more healing in something like Westside Pier where I was out in the open a lot. Sorry for bending to the meta, but yes, of course a Showstopper as my secondary.

So last night I used the vest, holster, gloves, and knees. Bag was Memento and a Ceska mask but I also messed around with a Belstone mask.. All reds with CHC/CHD leaving that one blue from the Memento. Gunner specialization for ROK increase and AOK. Gun was a P416 cause that's about the closest performance wise to my beloved LWM4, with Preservation, and an AC-12 also with Preservation. I found getting to 100 stacks is a bit of a chore, but once you got your Memento stacks, and 100 stacks of Striker, it shreds.

Obliterate or Spotter would be other things I’ll play around with. Ideally I would love to be able to run Glass Canon to get that big amp damage sooner, but I don't think I can build it with enough survivability to stay out the way I do in D1.

For sure need to add at least 1 more blue armor core as it is now.

A LOT more stress testing to do, but it's fun to try and make something from the old game that I (and everyone) loved so much. It’s a VERY viable day to day DPS build, but all out DPS is not as good as a "raid build" with an m1a. Might get there with the striker bag, but chest would HAVE to be GC just as it would otherwise be on that raid build. Much better survivability though with all that armor on kill of course.

• N3mB0t
    843 posts

i tried many combinations and so far what works and its fun even in 4 man groups has been bullet king , 4 piece striker with chest for the 100 stacks , ceska with composure on the backpack , contractors , get close to 60 chc , rest is chd , 6 reds , gunner spec for 10% AOK and even more rate of fire, feels like golden bullet.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@txdieselkid

I went with:

• Fenris chest with Obliterate
    • Memento bag
    • 4 Striker pieces (3 reds + 1 blue)
    • Used high RoF ARs, including Chameleon, and secondary SMGs
    • Mods loaded on CHC/CHD
    • Spec Gunner

Works well for medium and short range. Not the best, but at least now is decent.
    With a Honey Badger with Killer, I got min 450m per tick, tip of the bell curve around 650-700k, and sporadically pushed to 1M.
    Chameleon is an interesting use case... performs quite well at short range, probably the best for missions (CQB-ish and lots of targets).
    It was interesting to see the SMGs pushing the average higher than the ARs, even without being fully optimized for SMG. I guess that 21% CHC instead of damage to health is better. Striker could probably match HF from a SMG DPS perspective, maybe even go higher, but you lose all that survivability...

Planning this pm to try an alternative with the Striker chest (perhaps adding Coyote to the mix), and a SMG-focused build.

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

Try with Pestilence. It's fun, especially in 4 man groups (like legendary).

• Imagine_Brata
    416 posts

@adrian-11 and works great on summit with Chameleon

Suggested Topics