ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• karmicsynergy
    Original poster 2 posts

in Anno 1800 PASSAGE the main quest is stuck sir john's belongings, iv cleared the island and got the logbook but the story does not seem to have triggered the next point 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@karmicsynergy Hi there.

Thank you for your report on not being able to progress in the quest "At Sir John's Camp". The team are currently investigating this issue and require some further information.

For testing purposes, could you please complete our PC troubleshooting to see if this helps alleviate the problem at all?

If not, would you be able to let us know if you have a save available that we can forward on to the team?

Many thanks.

Official Response
  • teleogryl
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho

I'm having the same or a very similar issue. I've just reached the arctic, and on reaching King William Island I have quests to Click on Sir John's Trading Post to take it over and read Sir John's Logbook. I can't do either:

• Clicking the Trading Post has no effect. (From some Youtube research, I've seen other users have the arrow icon showing that the trading post needs to be selected, but I don't).
    • I've picked up the logbook, but can't find it. It's not in my ship, and I can't access the trading post.
    • I tried reloading the save several times, and have tried setting up trading posts on other islands in the region to see if the logbook is there, but it's not (and it's not in the list of items on the statistics screen either).

My save file is available at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbwb5t5wdffk25i/Autosave%20204.a7s?dl=0: (https://dropbox.com/s/wbwb5t5wdffk25i/Autosave%20204.a7s?dl=0)

And here's a screenshot, in case that helps.

Unfortunately, I can't update/modify my PC (which is running Win 11), but this seems like a functional issue rather than a performance/permissions one, so I can't see how that would help anyway.

Thanks in advance.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@teleogryl Hello and Happy New Year! I appreciate your screenshots and this save file. I can confirm that our teams are still looking into this, and I appreciate the information you've provided to us so far! Please keep your eye on these forums for updates.

Official Response
  • mplack2020
    2 posts

@karmicsynergy
    I think the problem is that we can't turn the pages in the logbook anymore (it used to work).
    There seems to be a easy work-around - Just take a ship and sail to the Inuit camp to the northwest. When you get there, I believe the quest continues as if you had read the logbook.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts

@mplack2020

Thanks for sharing your workaround for this issue, hopefully this will help others bypass this issue whilst we're working on a permanent fix.

Official Response
  • Alex.95I
    2 posts

I'm having an issue with the same quest.
    I'm at the point when I complete the airship hangar and Nate is supposed to provide Gas for mi first airship. However, he never does. The quest just "stops" after building the hangar. Is there any way to fix this?
    Many thanks.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@alex-95i Hi there.

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to hear that you are not receiving gas from old Nate.

This was a known issue that was previously resolved. As you are also experiencing this issue we have gone ahead and reopened our investigation into this.

Additionally, would you be able to provide your save file? You can find how to locate this here.

If you can upload the save to a file sharing site and provide a link to it that would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

• Alex.95I
    2 posts

@ubi-viral thank you for your answer.
    Here is the link to the save file where the error occurs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tDxd_heO6VbcAE2hLPnTu3AZ8Upvj2fy?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tDxd_heO6VbcAE2hLPnTu3AZ8Upvj2fy?usp=sharing)

Thanks!

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey @alex-95i,

Thank you for taking the time out to share this with us.

I have forwarded this to the team to help further investigate.

In the mean time if we can help with anything else, just let us know.

Official Response
  • FlorianKrob
    1 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck

Hey.
    I have the same problem. I can collect John's belongings but I cannot open John's warehouse to go on with the quest.
    Thanks a lot
    Florian

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 521 posts

Hey @floriankrob!

I'm sorry you've run into the same issue and can't proceed with that quest.

Could you also attach your save file to better help the teams look into this?

Official Response

Suggested Topics