ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 550 posts

In your Mailbox > Special Delivery is there a limit - whether it be outright number of DZ resources, or the number of entries there? (You know what I mean by the latter, where one time you extracted 8, and the next time 3, so each occupies a seperate entry: 8 DZ resource, 3 DZ resource, etc.)

I'm curious because I keep extracting these and have dozens and dozens of entries adding up to I-don't-know-how-many DZ resources, but to date I haven't found anything at the DZ vendors that interests me. Is there some limit I'll hit eventually?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sock_Monkey

LOL - I guess nobody knows...

• dagrommit
    894 posts

There is no limit that I'm aware of. I had over 100 bundles the last time I looked.

• TxDieselKid
    400 posts

At some point last year I counted just the stacks of 25, and I think it was like 15K at the time.

Wish I could transfer those to scav points or buy resource caches, or something from the DZ vendor aside from the junk they normally sell.

• Gabriel.Knight
    276 posts

@txdieselkid junk is right. almost all of the vendors have junk. and its the same junk on a cycle.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@txdieselkid I pretty much only use them to buy Yaahl gear when it shows up. Even if the rolls are bad, deconstruct for the materials, and try my luck on the crafting bench.

• IGotKelsoPreggo
    29 posts

@sock_monkey completely old topic, but giving it new life anyways... If you have 25DZ resource and haven't extracted them, you can choose to DEConstruct them... Into nothing. I was actually hoping that doing 25 would yield 1 Exotic that you could use on recalibration, etc... but no. Into nothing.

• HonestlyOK1986
    198 posts

@sock_monkey last time i looked i had something daft like 1500 dz credit entries, all varying from a few to 25. Estimate ive probably got 15k in dz funds, all 100% completely useless. I havent seen anyone mention a cap on it, imagine its like the apparel caches with no cap.

• Sock_Monkey

@honestlyok1986 Yeah, I stopped even extracting DZ resources because I think the DZ vendors have the exact same crap and of no better quality than any other vendor. Literally the only time I can think of they came in handy I was hurriedly trying to optimize some piece and was short of the required "weave" mat, so I visited all three vendors and found the cheapest piece between them (I think it was a backpack) and bought as many as I could with the resources I had then deconstructed them for the weave.

Since then I've had nothing I was interested in optimizing and plenty of mats anyway, so I have almost no DZ resources extracted or saved anymore.

• Gabriel.Knight
    276 posts

@sock_monkey Exactly. Just like the regular vendors. For all the talk of this being an RNG game, its not very RNG on closer inspection.

• HonestlyOK1986
    198 posts

@sock_monkey i think i have something like 12.5m in normal funds and anything i have in the dz funds are useless. The only vendor that was worth visiting was The Thieves Den but that went belly up when people cried it was in the dz...so now we have Cassie...who is also 100% useless for the most part. Odd decent bit every now and again but mainly not a big miss once you've got your hunters specials from her.

The dz vendors are quite pointless, not sure why they still exist as i cant see why people would use them. Tbh im not sure why it's not just a normal resource like the normal money that you can just accumilate? It was like that on td1 so not sure what the change was for?

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@honestlyok1986 they sell DZ Exclusive Named Items from time to time - that's why they exist.

Also for folks that mostly use the DZ, so don't really have any Credits maybe?

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight If you say so I believe you, but I have honestly never come across a DZ-exclusive item for sale at any of the DZ vendors. Not once in the (three?) years I've been playing this game.

Every DZ-only item I have was dropped by an NPC and extracted (by me).

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey I think they currently have a crappy Hollowman? They've had EG, DeathGrips, Railsplitter, Claws Out.. maybe a Gift once? Black Friday?

I don't know, I haven't played much the last 6 months - but they've definitely had some.

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight I think I am getting there too. In my resources, I am maxed on every single one except SHD Calibration, or which I have only 300 (unused). The most telling part is I have absolutely nothing I can think of I want to use those mats and cals for!

My playing time has ramped down considerably the past few months, having achieved pretty much everything I set out to; optimized PvE and killer PvP builds. I suspect by summer I'll be done with Div 2 entirely.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey I'm driven by the story at this point, so once we finished Faye, I had no reason to replay. I did pop in to run the DZ from time to time, because I like cruising Landmarks and wanted to try/optimize a few ideas - but I've mostly been catching up on other games as I wait.

Countdown was a lot of fun in Phase 1, it's something I would have jumped on to play on occasion solo or with another friend or 3. Phase 2's version is awful [for people that don't like MM]. Just a straight up sponge festival. If they keep it as is, I won't play it except if asked to help some clan members.

• HonestlyOK1986
    198 posts

@sock_monkey i'll be finishing with pvp when the new stuff hits as i wont be touching a dz without a fully maxed out build, theres literally no point in doing so, so i'll probably get to work on making everything maxed out proficent. But then i feel i'll get bored of rerunning the same content, the new is 15 minutes long so that wont last long, qnd then that'll be it. Back to contuining through the other games until heartlands, which qgain i dont see lasting long

• Sock_Monkey

@honestlyok1986 I'm with you there, and even so I am not like these guys that live on PvP. Once I maxed out my DZ build to the point I could hold my own (at least when the odds were even) I played DZ almost exclusively, and after about 3-4 months I am tired of it. The build is still good, but I haven't been back in a while because it gets old with the shooting-in-the-back thing, or cheaters, etc. I think I played less than an hour all of last week, so clearly I am very near the end, and probably won't even care what the next TU brings.

Suggested Topics