ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• currlyfriies
    Original poster 8 posts

Since GU13 I'm missing all audio languages except for English in all modes including campaign and sandbox. Text is still there. Playing on geforce now

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@currlyfriies

Hey there.

Have you tried checking to see if these can be installed manually or is this not possible for you as a result of using GFN?

Official Response
  • currlyfriies
    Original poster 8 posts

No, unfortunately, it is not possible. And the text is available in every language which is quite weird

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Thanks for getting back to us @currlyfriies , sorry for the delay!

If possible could you please capture some screenshots of the available languages so we can take a closer look and pass them onto the team?

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • currlyfriies
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-theberry
    As you can see all text languages are available, but audio is English only

• Asterix201252
    345 posts

@currlyfriies

This is not a new thing. I have been reporting an issue where sometimes the Tower menu comes up in a language other than English (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/110029/bug-translation-on-iron-tower-menu/18?lang=en-US&page=1). As part of the investigation, UIbisoft Support asked me to check what languages I could see for audio and Text. I saw the same as you - English only for audio and 11 languages for text. I did this check on 3rd December; before GU13 came out.

So, whatever is causing this, it isn't GU13, because it was present before that. It may have happened at GU12, but for all I know it's always been like that. English is my first language, so I've never had any need to try to change it.

• UbiMint
    186 posts

Thanks for the screenshot, @currlyfriies! Which audio language are you looking for that is missing for you? Have you always played in English, or were you playing in a different language previously?

• currlyfriies
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubimint I used to play in Russian and it's missing since GU 13

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

@currlyfriies Thanks for confirming that. Were you playing through GeForce Now before the update as well?

Official Response
  • currlyfriies
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mushy yes, I played only geforce now

• UbiMint
    186 posts

Gotcha, thanks for confirming that, @currlyfriies. I've reported this up for you! I would normally suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game so you can check which language packs are available to you, but as the game isn't installed locally, I recommend reaching out to GeForce Now's support team. Once more information is received on our end, we'll make sure to update this thread.

• Asterix201252
    345 posts

@ubimint

Just to clarify, my game is installed locally and I only had the same limited language choice as @currlyfriies for at least two weeks before GU13 was launched. I got the impression from your colleagueswho responded to the other thread (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/110029/bug-translation-on-iron-tower-menu/18?lang=en-US&page=1) that this was what they expected to see (though maybe I'm wrong)

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2677 posts

Hey @asterix201252 , thanks for confirming that it seems to be happening locally too. In @currlyfriies ' case, while it is indeed true that only the languages selected from Ubisoft Connect are available to select in-game, this isn't something that is able to be done via Geforce Now, so we expect them all to be installed by default. Can you follow the steps noted in the linked article to check if you have other language packs installed, and let me know if any seem to be missing in-game?

Let me know if I can clarify the above at all!

Official Response
  • currlyfriies
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-thrupney to which exactly article and which steps do you refer? Sorry I may have not understood the message correctly. I can't open Ubisoft connect and check the languages installed via geforce now. The languages available in game I posted above

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Thanks @currlyfriies - I do believe the referenced article was for Ubisoft Connect languages which I understand you can't check via Geforce Now.

This has since been passed onto the team who are looking into this but in the meantime, have you contacted Geforce Now as suggested by Ubi-Mint?

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics