ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FxCkYeaH
    Original poster 1 posts

The wheel menu is stuk in the top left corner of the screen (as it can be seen a portion of it in the screenshot), it makes me think it's locked because I cant do anything with it, I verified files, re-installed and nothing, any ideas or maybe a solution would be nice, I don't know when this happened, I noticed it once I tried to used it and it didnt poped up, it took me hours to realized where it was.

thanks for reading

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3008 posts

Hello @fxckyeah thanks for getting in touch with us about this UI element, not functioning as intended.

Thank you for also letting us know you have verified your game files as well as performed a reinstallation.

Have you tried running the game using a different DirectX version, such as 11 or 12? Changing which DirectX version the game uses in the settings, can sometimes resolve certain issues with UI and gameplay, working incorrectly.

If you have tried this step with no success, please try to capture a video of this and send us your save file, so we may experiment with this UI/menu issue ourselves and investigate further. Please refer to our guide here for instructions how to do this >
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/110789/how-to-report-a-bug-in-anno-1800?lang=en-US

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Ordini
    1 posts

i think i found the fix for the issue, can't provide any screenshots right now since i just fixed the issue, after encountering the same issue.

Didn't noticed that the Right click wheel menu was stuck in the left top corner for hours, the reason for it was, i started a new game after i decided to abort my actual session i forgot to unlock the menu from it's position (i had the right click wheel menu locked in the top left corner near the money/influence statistics, after loading a new game, the locked menu was forced into the left corner unreachable like FxCkYeaH posted in the screenshot.

I loaded the older save (the session i aborted) the right click menu was in a normal place and not bugged out of the interface then i switch from lock mode to unlock and letting it dissappear i loaded the savegame of the new session and everything was fixed and back to normal

It looks like if you lock mode it in the left top area and then decide to load a other session the right click menu position get's "corrupted" until you load the specific session where you lock mode the right click menu to unlock it.

Edit: But now everytime i load a session/savegame , the right click menu is already opened and locked to a specific position near the center of the interface. Well at least it's not stuck anymore in the corner.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3329 posts

Hey there @ordini ,

Thank you for taking the time to share this here!

@FxCkYeaH - are you able to replicate these steps to see if this resolve the issue or also ends up with the mouse being locked to the centre?

We can then start to look into this centre locking issue more.

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • vadimvorenas
    1 posts

@ubi-theberry i have the same problem

The menu on the right button appears in the corner and is blocked (by clicking on the RMB), the bug often repeats, changed settings including DirectX, reinstalled the game. The bug is repeated both in the network and in a single game

Indeed, sometimes loading another save helps, but it takes time and is inconvenient.
    This is a bug

• Arek100
    1 posts

Is there already an idea? I have the same error. Menu was stuck on the right side. Changed from Dx11 to Dx12 and now I also have the problem. First save game and a new installation did not bring any improvement.

Thanks

• trussell105
    1 posts

I too have this issue, my Right-Click Wheel is stuck in the upper left corner and has been since my first game. I've tried all the suggestions, I've changed Directx, Verified Files, Re-installed, I even upgraded computers in the meantime and it re-appeared stuck in the corner in my first New Game. How do I get this fixed?

Just yesterday I tried the new scenario Seasons of Silver and the Right Click Wheel was there, stuck in the upper corner. I really want to use this feature...please help us!

Cheers!
    Todd

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3008 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for responding to this thread and letting us know this issue is still apparent in your save games after the update.

We have an investigation open into this issue, please stay tuned for any updates from us in case we need to gather any videos or save files from those affected.

Official Response
  • KingRanch347
    1 posts

any update since april on this issue? middle of June here and still having the wheel stuck in upper left corner.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

Hey @kingranch347,

I can confirm that this is currently under active investigation and assure you that as soon as we have an update we will be more than happy to share this with players.

Thank you for your continued patience

Official Response

Suggested Topics