ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Blkandwhtknight
    Original poster 6 posts

Lets be serious. I'm not sure what you would call this reworked Striker set? Lonestar 2.0? It sure isn't Striker.

Ever since it's inception in Division 1 Striker had been a high damage set based on LANDING ACCUTATE HITS. You land you shots, you stack massive damage. You miss your shots your stacks drop. The entire Striker set focused on building around high accuracy and stability to land the shots, then let the buff do your damage.

This rework to Striker turned it into a sustained spraying set.... Get your bullet king out... Zero penalty for missing shots, and no reason to even try to aim. Just spray.

The point that makes this concerning is not the desecration of my beloved Striker set, it's the fact that the devs thought this is what should be done with the set. Seriously? Have you even played the Division. This is akin to giving marksmen rifle damage to True Patriot or something... Has nothing to do with what the set was supposed to do.

You want to fix Striker? Copy, paste Div 1 classified set, and adjust as necessary. The issues with Strikers in Div 2 stem from the crazy NPC movements, Hit scan and the general difficulty to land shots. Give +2 or 3 stacks for a hit and -1 for a miss. Or even just do like Hunters Faith and make it so you have to miss 2 shots before it starts to drop. The stacking issue can be fixed. And none of this .50% nonsense.... 1 stack 1% Landing a solid mag should stack you into the 50% damage range.

Getting the feeling Ubi just left some interns to keep things going while they do something else. Really sad, they are killing this franchise...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

It's always fun when someone shows up and confidently assumes they're right:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/124746/since-striker-gear-set-got-rebalanced?lang=en-US

Getting the feeling Ubi just left some interns to keep things going while they do something else.

Seeing as you seem to think you're more qualified, they are hiring ✏
    https://ubisoft.com/en-us/company/careers/search/743999792751315-expert-senior-game-designer-tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-

• Blkandwhtknight
    Original poster 6 posts

@dagrommit Read it. Like I said. Its a spraying set. Get an LMG, spray, win. That's all its good for now. The meager improvement do not justify trashing the sets design

i tried many combinations and so far what works and its fun even in 4 man groups has been bullet king , 4 piece striker with chest for the 100 stacks , ceska with composure on the backpack , contractors , get close to 60 chc , rest is chd , 6 reds , gunner spec for 10% AOK and even more rate of fire, feels like golden bullet.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@blkandwhtknight The point is that plenty of people like the change. You are welcome to ignore the set if you don't. Or apply for the job at the link above - good luck! 🤞

• echolecter
    369 posts

I never used Striker in TD2 and don't play PvP in it either. But, these changes do make it the go-to build if you do, especially when using the 1000 round bullet king. So much for build diversity ... the comparission with Golden Bullet seems to be accurate. Surely everyone likes it for PvE on the higher difficulties. Now lets see when players will start complaining it's all to easy, if it wasn't already for some.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts

This change is neither OP nor destroying Striker. It makes it viable.

You still need four pieces Striker including backpack and chest to get a damage bonus of 65%. After having stacked 100 hits.
    Remember: With Obliterate and Vigilance you have 25% more damage right away and 50% more damage after only 25 hits.
    And you have eight minor attributes and four Brand set bonuses with high end gear – in comparison to only four minor attributes and three stat bonuses with Striker.

Until now that sounds pretty fair to me. And not landing shots still means seeing your stacks going down quickly per second. Although this is a rather indirect penalty for missing, it still demands you to stay offensive and keep firing. Which at least for me is quite in line with what the Striker's Battlegear should be.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    these changes do make it the go-to build if you do, especially when using the 1000 round bullet king

LMG's were never popular due to the suppression mechanic. This makes them more viable for coordinated groups, but they still have the same issue solo.

the comparission with Golden Bullet seems to be accurate. Surely everyone likes it for PvE on the higher difficulties. Now lets see when players will start complaining it's all to easy, if it wasn't already for some.

This is why I always laugh when someone complains that "devs don't listen". It wasn't that long ago that calls for golden bullet to be permanently enabled were widespread. And there have long been complaints that players aren't powerful enough. Similarly, people have been complaining about the loss of stacks since Strikers was introduced. When they finally do remove that aspect, people complain.

• TxDieselKid
    410 posts

As a console player, this was a huge hold back from the set, that has made it MUCH more viable on XB.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts

@txdieselkid

Indeed, although I still have the feeling that not all hits are being counted correctly towards the stack when shooting with a fast firing gun. Even with the Series X. What's your observation here? Are your stacks being counted correctly?

• Yunu.
    1 posts

@blkandwhtknight i am literally just redownloading the game for the striker rework its seems fun in PVE and maybe raids idk i a been away for a year

• xcel30
    982 posts

I really don't see why call it lonestar 2.0 when lonestar was about constnatly switching weapons to not have to reload, also division 1 recoil was a joke when i helped a friend of mine to finish some stuff back in an event in div 1 after playing 2, man those guns were clearly lacking in the recoil and punch div 2 had and they felt like lazer toys. Striker was always about being a bullethose with the biggest magazine and highest rof to get more damage what stopped being good in div 2 was simply harsher recoil, worse hit reg and the fact people were obsessed with the classified version.

This is a good buff seeing how impossibly harsh was to get the bonus here and how the set got heavily nerfed in this game in general, if anything i hope div 1 striker never make a comeback as that set completely broke the game

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@blkandwhtknight

May not be what you want, but this change made it viable...
    Lot's of people like it (me included). YT and Reddit is full of new Striker builds and videos with them.

• As1r0nimo
    393 posts

@adrian-11 It was viable even before

Suggested Topics