ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tolkyyn
    124 posts

It's been a week now and still nothing. So they're aware of our issue, but are they going to do anything about it?

• Metallo75
    112 posts

@tolkyyn They drinking their coffee in corner as used to be. The yule festival bug,they should be prepared and serioulsy reda items,i am certain they doing all these direct.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@tolkyyn Yes, they will deploy a fix... in early January. It is in News and Announcements forum.

Merry Yule from Ubisoft!
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/125813/yule-festival-update?lang=en-US

Hello there!
    We're working to resolve the issue that prevents players from accessing the Yule Festival and will be extending the event so that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the winter festivities in Ravensthorpe. We plan to deliver this fix in early January due to the holidays. Thank you for your patience.
  • Simplethumb
    139 posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it's 22 jan 2022.

If it was fixed now they would deploy it.

I doubt they've worked on it. So they'll start working on it when they get back after xmas. By the time they fix it and deploy it it'll be mid January... if they bother putting up a fix at all.

It'll be nice to have an xmas event in January lol

• HarryParker123
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • CerebralHitMan
    1 posts

I have the latest save synced with the cloud but no matter what I have done the Yule Festival is not loading for me on the PS5.

• azullFR
    2252 posts

@thenorfolkian
    Hi !

... Is there anyone who is currently playing it can confirm whether or not there are any existing bugs or glitches in the festival (besides the fact that it doesn’t exist for those who already played it through the first time)?

I just had some news from a PS4 user who is doing his first Yule festival ... he had the same bugs with the "hunting cows" quest that we had last year ... No Comment ...

• azullFR
    2252 posts

This as been added to the Known Issues :

Yule Festival

• “Cow Catcher” – Quest won’t update if player performs fast travel as soon as Bertham reaches the shores 
      • Workaround: Reload a save file pre-dating the start of the quest 
    • "Cow Catcher” – Bertham will spawn under the ground if players perform a fast travel to another world while the NPC is on the boat 
      • Workaround: Performing a save/load cycle to respawn Bertham at the right place  
    • Hytham will remain stuck in “To Serve the Light” if players launch “Cow Catcher” at the same time 
      • Workaround: Reload a save file pre-dating the start of the quest 
    • Cannot interact with Norvid upon starting a quest before the Yule festival intro
      • Workaround: Performing a save/load cycle will make Norvid interactable once he gets back to his shop 
    • Mōdraniht Ceremonial Set can be bought twice from Norvid’s shop  
    • Festival brawl disappearing and NPCs becoming aggressive upon completing Gunnar’s wedding 
      • Workaround: Performing a save/load cycle will restore the state of the festival’s NPC 

Well, we all know now that we will have for sure to face the exact same issues as last year .... No Comment .

• TheNorfolkian
    1291 posts

@azullfr Doesn’t that basically make all of this that much more absurd? Existing bugs for new players, no festival activities at all for old players. Positively terrible.

• azullFR
    2252 posts

@thenorfolkian

Ubi's Chrismas gifts : 'only' 1 year old bugs ... and only in 'early January' for the early consumers ...

Now, a question : ... early January 2032 ? 😂 😂 😂

• ElauraD1979
    1 posts

I'm having the same problem. I was really looking forward to playing it again

• StarkCreature63
    4 posts

I have snow in Ravensthorpe, but there's no festival.

• ikingsftwtbqh
    1 posts

@ubi-keo
    No Yule festival for me either 😞

• nash_trickster
    48 posts

@azullfr Well, I'm on PS4 too, and used one of my old saves from before doing it last year, and I can say the quests did not have the most major bugs that impacted a lot of us (the quests markers were in the right place this time, not in the middle of the sea, for example).

There's still bugs, but none keeping you from finishing the quests, at least as long as you keep going through the quest until its end without fast travelling away or start another one before seeing it through...

The only bug I encountered was the keg of mead being invisible, its texture not loading, but since it was still possible to interact with it and carry it to the destination, it was not a major issue.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but pretending they left it in as bad a state as it used to be on release is far from the truth.

• azullFR
    2252 posts

@nash_trickster
    thanks for the infos 🙂

Notice that : The bugs still documented by Ubi themselves here, are the same ones that we had last year at mid-festival till the end of it ...

pretending they left it in as bad a state as it used to be on release is far from the truth.

1. "it used to be on release" : I didn't used that terms
    2. "far from the truth" : we don't have the same view of what "far" is : "markers in place" fix had been deployed last year at mid-festival, didn't saw any major fix since last last year festival ending, if you absolutey want to be precisefull, maybe a year is a short time ...

Note : the "beeing ejected from brawling arena" bug as aslo been fixed at mid-festival last year.

Anyway, no offense there, just using tangible examples and facts to express my feellings about this game and to highlight how this Company treat their employees and consumers .

• smcinturf
    53 posts

@ubi-keo I'm pretty sure it's EVERY single person who did it last year... That's alot of save files. And they are all the same.

• R2013Aaron
    3 posts

@Ubi-Orion
    Hi my Yule festival is not working and my save is connected to the cloud is there a chance you can please fix this I would love to play the festival

Thanks very much Aaron

• nash_trickster
    48 posts

@azullfr Let me be clear, I'm not trying to defend ubisoft at all. But I think things are bad enough as they are that there's no need to overdo it, even if only by implying it instead of straight saying it.

They fixed the major game breaking bugs which were not caused by player "unexpected interactions" (like fast travelling in the middle of the quest, or starting another quest without finishing the current one first) and just left it at that... And it's not enough for sure.

Any argument against someone only gains from being made in a fair and honest way. So, yes, they released it completely broken, and yes, they only fixed the strict minimum. No one can say otherwise.

However, even if it can merely be interpreted out of the criticism that they did nothing at all, it just gives them an easy way to dismiss it, just by claiming "this criticism is unfair/dishonest." And change nothing at all in the way they do things.

• azullFR
    2252 posts

@nash_trickster
    ok,
    that's your point of view, and well argumented 👍
    no problem with that 🙂

In my point of view, I'm not unfair(*a*) ( of course 😉 ), just sometimes a little pushy(*b*) just like some of their pushy proofs requests (not all, I precise, but sometimes they are)

I understand what you mean, that's just different points of views, and I appreciate the way you express yours.

Take care, stay safe 🙂

(*) [EDIT] :

• (*a*) I only talked about the bugs that were there last year and are still there this year, and I also documented the said bugs, using and giving the link to the Known Issues list. I don't really understand where the overdo is, maybe here ? :

when I say :

Ubi's Chrismas gifts : 'only' 1 year old bugs

Well, I didn't said : only 1 year old bugs, nor : 1 year old bugs only, neither : all 1 year bugs... simply because all of these would have been overdoing.

• (*b*) just adding this to avoid any misunderstanding : when I use the word: "their", I mean the hierarchy that puts in place the roadmaps when it comes to the necessary and required steps for employees to accomplish their work.

(hierarchy that is more concerned about the stock market listing than having a correct and healthy work environment for its employees)

• rctx81
    12 posts

@psbezp01 one more to the count, I play on PS4 since November 2020, already finished the game and both expansions and I don't really want to (can't as well, because that old file is already gone) return to an older save just because I already finished the festival once.

Suggested Topics