ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ms_M3gad3tH
    Original poster 7 posts

This is not worth it at all. I played today the summit to get the capacitor. I got it and was happy with it. So, I go to vender to give them my points for event and select what I would like to get. I still have to find waveform so I gave rare a chance. I got another capacitor, just like I thought. I reconfigured it and got very good rolls. Then I saw that it would let me reconfigure it again . . . I was like it is impossible they would make it regress. No smart company would do that. I gave it a go again and made it worst, much worst. My question to Ubisoft is, do you sit there planning on trying to make someone have a horrible time and hate the game? It's a game. I come here to enjoy myself and progress, not regress. In real world I would understand bs'ery like this.

The day doesn't have to end thinking that all the time I spent there was wasted, and the GAME made me angry. No game should ever make you feel like that. That is poor design and its sad cause I was starting to see the good in it. At least have some respect for those that play it and warn them about reconfiguring can make your weapon worst. Let's see anyone trying to take that chance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Let's see anyone trying to take that chance.

Plenty of people have. The trick is to save up a lot of exotic components before you start. Ideally you want to have two copies of the item before you start, and only reroll the "worst" one.

• Ms_M3gad3tH
    Original poster 7 posts

@dagrommit I reconfigured both and I had enough components, that's why it let me do it again. My point is that if you reconfigure the same item twice it can make it worst, and I should've been warned about this. By explaining it to me you're implying it's not clear by default.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    96 posts

@dagrommit dude, I'm level 1600 and I never knew of this until my wife did it and I saw both weapons regressed on second try. First time it got better but second it did not. Main attributes stayed maxed out, but the others went down by a lot. Twice on both guns. We were laughing at it cause it's just pathetic they would allow something like this and not warn you about it. But, whatever. I'm glad I always optimized everything I have instead of reconfiguring anything.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@ms_m3gad3th I am addressing your claim that people wouldn't take the chance if they knew. Plenty of people have is the point.

dude, I'm level 1600 and I never knew of this until my wife did it and I saw both weapons regressed on second try.

It was mentioned on the SOTG when they announced the feature, though I can't remember if it was also mentioned in the patch notes. An in-game warning would certainly be nice of course.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    96 posts

yeah, we are talking about in-game warning or info about everything. I'm sure the info is out there by now because someone went thru it all. We are busy parents, and we have one try at getting things done right maybe one time a week. We spend the morning trying to get the capacitor and we finally did. On the vender we took a chance on rare cause we needed a waveform. Well, we got another capacitor. Now we had two for no reason. Reconfiguring didn't go our way so now we are unhappy since we found out by looking at the stats, that the Test Subject is better for what we want. So that's time wasted for us, and we won't be back in there until we might have time in our days off. If we were to know the stats of this gun in game, or how to reconfigure properly it would've saved us a lot of time and effort. Not that I'm mad, but I am tired talking about this lol. Good chatting with you anyway.

• echolecter
    271 posts

Re-configuring exotics is like gambling, if you're very lucky it gets maxed out on first try, if not you can re-roll the item 20x and make it worse then if was before. Since this game is rather generous with exotics (playing regularly) getting new components shouldn't be a huge problem. Sometimes you have to re-roll multiple times to see an improvement and likely they also toned down the chances of actually getting maximum values on all attributes just to keep people playing in order to collect more components.

• Aced_100
    167 posts

How about being able to over charge weapons, for example if you have an exotic weapon, you can increase the base damage by 10% with an exotic component, and then up to five times for a total of 50%. I have 20 exotic components and nothing to use them on with a bunch of exotic gear multiples that are worthless, couldn't count how many Merciless's I have collected and deconstructed.

Suggested Topics