ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• IamDaVoodoo
    Original poster 4 posts

My character is missing / invisible on the menu screen, and and when trying to load a new chat it gets stuck on 9%
    Character is not deleted

Tried contacting support but as usual - but chat is not available, and email support is discontinued.

so - what to do?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• echolecter
    223 posts

You can try and delete the DirectX Shader Cache, accessible via Disk Cleanup. I had same issue with missing characters this week while switching back and forth between DX11 and DX12. Clearing the caches made them visible again, although I'm not sure if this is related to the stuck on 9% problem.

• IamDaVoodoo
    Original poster 4 posts

@echolecter Thanks bro. I tried as you suggested, flushing shaders cache on all drives in fact, but to avail 😞

This is something that needs to be fixed on their end.

The 9% issue it part of the same bug, apparently when PC is loading assets, it does so in a hierarchical order. And that particular offending shader is at about 9% mark from what I understand.
    Once it fails to load / initialize it just stops the loading process without triggering an error.

They can fix it easy, but there is almost no way to contact these guys any more (unless you wanna buy something - then they are available 24/7)

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@iamdavoodoo

You can try deleting the entire game folder in Documents/My Games. Besides shaders, there are some other data and config files in there that the game doesn't manage very well when updated.
    Also, worth doing a files check from Connect.

• IamDaVoodoo
    Original poster 4 posts

@adrian-11 Ah thanks, I will give it a shot
    Did files check already but it did nothing. Will update with my games removal

• IamDaVoodoo
    Original poster 4 posts

@adrian-11 Thanks a lot mate. This worked finally.

I tried just removing the shaders cache from my games and verifying the files but it didn't work. Once I deleted the entire Division 2 folder in My Games + did another pass of file verification I got a message that some files are corrupted. And then it finally worked out.

So I got my char back and I can play again.

Thank you both very much for helping out the community and doing a far better job than Ubisoft who clearly abandoned their customers,

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2332 posts

@iamdavoodoo Hi there, brilliant to hear that you managed to get this sorted with the help of @Adrian-11

We are sorry that you feel you were abandoned, this is not how we wish for you to feel and we do try our best to help as quickly as possible, however, please be aware that the forums are not a live interaction. We do have live methods of contacting us such as live chat. Did you try contacting us there or through a support ticket?

Thank you for your time.

Official Response
  • Hiirepoiss79
    2 posts
    I have same issue right now two times already this week ... Game still stuck on 9%.
    This is ridiculous.
    Fix this and all the other issues asap.
    Players are leaving all the time due to how poor this server is managed ....
    CAN U PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME!!!! and this crashing too is still no fixed ????

• Hiirepoiss79
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 861 posts

Hey @hiirepoiss79,

Sorry to hear that you encounter this same issue.

Can I check that you have followed all steps previously mentioned?

Many thanks

Official Response

Suggested Topics