ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1219 posts

I was really surprised by how big this free quest was, how much there was to do on Korfu, and how good the story was with huge implications for Alexios/Kassandra. Given the size of this small DLC, I was also surprised that there weren’t any achievements/trophies.

There are some big story reveals that further add to the mythology of the AC universe in this DLC.

• Alexios/Kassandra is actually given a purpose by Aletheia, which explains his/her intentions in later giving the Spear of Hermes to Layla. However, that still doesn’t reveal how Alexios/Kassandra is such a bad judge of character in handing the responsibility to Layla, who clearly botched it so easily. However, for those of you who have played through the Valhalla storyline, this reveal may also give us a clue as to some long-term ultimate plan that Aletheia and Loki have by having Alexios/Kassandra fetch up as many of the Isu artifacts as possible.
    • We finally have an explanation as to why the Spear of Leonidas is no longer in the possession of Alexios/Kassandra by the time Layla discovers it, and why it is powerless and truly broken. While there is no further explanation as to why an ‘apple’ artifact had the ability to ‘steal’ the spear’s power, this may be the beginning of why there aren’t more super-powered Isu weapons around, or even why Isu weapons featured in Valhalla and other games are not as divine as the Spear of Leonidas at its peak.
    • We see what an Isu ‘apple’ can do to a dimwitted numskull like Barnabas, who was still empowered enough by the artifact to conjure up multiple illusions of himself like we previously saw with some bosses in past games. The point is that grandiose feelings of power felt by normal humans when wielding an artifact may be only the early symptoms of the ‘transformation’ into some kind of monster that all such artifacts are supposed to ultimately entail. It really opens up the question of what other kind of mythological creatures were these artifacts intended to create by the Isu.

There are also a couple big story possibilities for the future...

• We see Alexios/Kassandra heading to Egypt and even depositing Herodotus’ writings in the Library of Alexandria at the end of the questline. The worldly traveling of our Greek hero finally opens up an avenue for Ubisoft to make deeper connections between Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla that were not well defined when each game was individually released. Obviously, we already have the interaction with Eivor in Valhalla, but going to Egypt implies an interaction with Bayek or Aya... perhaps even Reda.
    • With AC Infinity on the horizon, it may be possible that we as players will be following Alexios/Kassandra through the ages as he/she looks for Isu artifacts across the world. It could also relate to how he/she is attempts to fulfill her role given by Aletheia by impacting events in history or what aid she may have given to the Order of the Hidden Ones / Brotherhood of Assassins against the schemes of the Order of the Ancients / Templar Order.

Thoughts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    388 posts

@thenorfolkian

Thoughts?

That was last Update to Odyssey, there won't be any more.

• TheNorfolkian

@kmarkopl I’m not suggesting that there will be another update of new content for Odyssey. It’s more likely that we’ll see some Egyptian adventures of Alexios/Kassandra/Bayek/Aya at some point in AC Infinity.

• Achilleus-
    33 posts

@kmarkopl The amount of players running Odyssey just because of this update might actually indicate we might see more Odyssey DLC. The numbers were very significant compared to Valhalla crossover players.

• TheNorfolkian

@achilleus I sure hope so!

For anyone else seeing this thread, please check out my proposal to conclude the Peloponnesian War.

• KmarkoPL
    388 posts

@achilleus That does not mean they will continue with Odyssey.
    The game is finished.

• TheCosmicBob
    76 posts
    @thenorfolkian

Thoughts?

That was last Update to Odyssey, there won't be any more.

We could have said that two years ago too. Who knew this was coming? So I hold out hope for more. To me Kassandra is a far better character and better acted than Eivor. Much more interesting to play. Parts of England are very fun to go around, but when I started this new DLC I felt more at home in Assassin's Creed than I had in a long time.

• Achilleus-
    33 posts

@thecosmicbob Yeah I agree. Muddy swamps and prehistoric huts or the sunny Greek islands… I know which I prefer 😊

And they fixed so much with the latest Odyssey Korfu 1.5.6 update, including the low volume NPC dialogue. Shame first person camera mode in the Odyssey Discovery mode is still at the height of a child/large dog though. They could have fixed that as well.

Suggested Topics