ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Eden burning - Legendary special building items are one time buy and use only - misleading description

0 Likes/11 Replies/1647 Views
    AiR-Rogkano
    Original poster 4 posts

In the scenario i've bought 2 out of the 3 legendary building for the fish farms and the forestry, both items only gave me a normal 5x charge to build the specific building.
    After restarting the scenario from the menu (new game), only the last legandry building (water purifier) was in the shop, the other two missing and my building menu show a buildable amount of 0.

I used both items directly from the ship inventory. Maybe that was a mistake....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AORUS2017
    259 posts

@air-rogkano
    There is a bug in the menu I just posted my menu bug

• hundreAd1800
    132 posts

@air-rogkano
    check items in warehouse, should be there (they need to be clicked to activate them)

• AiR-Rogkano
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi @aorus2017, i don't have your menu bug, therefore i'n not missing the button for the building, but the legendary item should be either a permanent unlock or a usable item with multiple/infinity amount of uses.
    The german translation states in the item name, that it won't be destroyed after use but it still retains the "destroyed after use" effect and it is for me a really expensive one time use object and therefore bugged or otherwise misleading.

• AiR-Rogkano
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi @hundread1800 , yeah okay they are in the warehouse in a new game, but they still only give me 5 charges for each building and are then destroyed even though their german item name says (bleiben erhalten) what translates to something like "will remain".
    Therefore I would believe that either the items are not working as intended or I seriously misunderstand something....

• Asterix201252
    275 posts

@air-rogkano

Like you guys, I originally thought that the legendary items gave you an infinite amount of uses, because of the word "Persistent" in the name rather than "Limited Use" for the epic version. However, I too noticed when I got the Aquafarm one (fish) that it said I could only build five. Same for the Water Purifier. I don't have the forester one yet (probably should have bought that before water purifier, but never mind).

Anyway, what I now think is that I did misunderstand the meaning of the word "Persistent". I now think that what it means is that it persists from one game to the next rather than being never-ending in a single game. Whereas, the epic one's use is limited to this game.

• hundreAd1800
    132 posts

@air-rogkano
    items REMAIN between games, i.e. no need to re-transmute them each time
    however they still give only 5 uses in a each game (you can of course still get non-persistent items if you want, each grants +5 uses)

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for posting about these legendary building issues you have witnessed and how the translations may be misleading from different versions of the game, not specifying their use and limitations.

If possible, would someone be able to post a screenshot of the exact buildings/items description in the menu, so that we may feed this back to the Anno team and have them clarify their intended use and availability? Thank you.

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    275 posts

@ubi-milky
    I actually made a video. I thought it would be easiest than screenshots, because I would need quite a few.

The video starts right after the intro videos. As you can see, I have several legendary items in my Trading Post already, as expected. The three items that we are talking about are at the bottom, as pointed out by the mouse cursor. As I click on each one in turn, it becomes active so leaves the trading Post and appears in the build menu. As you can see, in the build menu it shows five of each building are available. I think the posters here expected that this number would be infinite.

• sJEFdeGlyve
    19 posts

@air-rogkano Never click on restart button, description say it will discard any crafted items. Just create new game.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys, thank you for all of your input regarding the matter and I have now forwarded the information you've provided to our game team, in order to get further clarification on whether the mechanic is working as intended.

Will try to keep you updated and in the meantime, if you do run into any further difficulties or have any queries, feel free to drop us a message at any time!

Official Response

Suggested Topics