ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AndyGordon68
    Original poster 4 posts

Early on in the crossover DLC I moved a shelf to access a hut with a locked chest under the floor in Kiltaraglen. At that time I didn't look for a key to unlock the chest. After exploring more of the island and gathering several of the shards, I have returned to the hut and found the key hanging from a tree branch outside, only now I cannot get at the key because the shelf I moved earlier to climb through the hut window has disappeared.
    I have tried shooting the key, climbing on a horse, climbing the tree and jumping from the roof of the hut towards the key but nothing works. I am not loading a save from several hours ago just to loot a chest but I am disappointed that bugs like this are still happening.
    A similar bug in London caused me to shelve the game for over six months until it had been sufficiently patched, maybe I should wait until the new DLC drops in March before playing again.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lordbaal2000
    1 posts

@andygordon68

I have the same bug, but I didn't move anything. The shelving unit wasn't there at all covering the window. I did the same steps in order to get the key until I searched on google and discover that I'm missing the shelving unit!

I'm stuck like you, I cannot get the wealth.

I solved my problem! I'm not sure if quitting/reloading a save would have solved this, but I went to the world map, then press "Y" (Atlas) to travel to Norway. Then travel back to the isle of sky. The shelving is there covering the window that it didn't cover the first time I came there.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1364 posts

Hey folks! I'm sorry to hear you both encountered this, and I apologize for the delayed response.

@lordbaal2000 I'm very glad to hear you found a workaround for this issue! @AndyGordon68, would you be able to try traveling to another region and then back to see if you're able to access the key?

Official Response
  • LazyNiinja
    1 posts

@lordbaal2000 Can confirm this solves the problem, thanks!

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Thank you for the confirmation @LazyNiinja and thanks for the workaround provided @lordbaal2000.
    Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

• cristiano.elias
    2 posts
    @andygordon68

I have the same bug, but I didn't move anything. The shelving unit wasn't there at all covering the window. I did the same steps in order to get the key until I searched on google and discover that I'm missing the shelving unit!

I'm stuck like you, I cannot get the wealth.

I solved my problem! I'm not sure if quitting/reloading a save would have solved this, but I went to the world map, then press "Y" (Atlas) to travel to Norway. Then travel back to the isle of sky. The shelving is there covering the window that it didn't cover the first time I came there.

That didn't work for me on PC. The shelf indeed appeared but it's glitched into the ground and I can't move it..

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2941 posts

Hello @cristiano-elias,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to move the shelf.

Can you please verify your game files with this link? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team for further investigation?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • cristiano.elias
    2 posts

Hi @ubi-mark

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. Verifying the game files removed the shelf from the ground but reset the bug (where it is not displayed at all). Traveling to other countries and returning to Isle of Skye to did not solve the issue. Here are some screenshots of the process and the link for video as requested. I tried to upload it but I kept getting a message stating I did not have privileges.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v3gerlkmxMnTuIpllAAMoqvirB4csNVW/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v3gerlkmxMnTuIpllAAMoqvirB4csNVW/view?usp=sharing)

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Hi @cristiano-elias! Thank you for trying those steps and for providing those photos. I have passed this information on to the appropriate team for investigation. Please keep your eyes here for any updates we may have on this bug.

Official Response
  • cfrolik
    1 posts

@ubi-peach I'm still having this problem. Is there a reliable workaround?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5332 posts

Hi @cfrolik apologies for the late response.

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with the missing shelf in Kiltaraglen on the Isle of Skye.

I have checked and the issue is still being investigated. I have forwarded your account details and save file to the development team to help with their investigation.

Official Response
  • Baail
    5 posts

Issue still occurs after all this months. Please fix it.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 426 posts

Hi @Baail - sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue!

I've checked the report and we don't have any updates for now, but I've added your information there for further investigation. Once we know more, we'll update this thread, thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics