ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 1675 posts

When Eivor calls the horse, sometimes she gets on automatically. Most of the time she doesn't. Does anyone know how this mechanism works?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2231 posts

@spirantcrayon22

from what I've noticed (it's not 100% reliable) :

1. when you call it you have to keep activated (pressed) the 'calling key' (not pratcical)
    2. or, you can re-call it when it is near you, and you still will have to keep activated (pressed) the 'calling key'
    3. sometimes, if there is an obstacle, the horse will go a bit away and you won't be able to 'auto-mont'

Meanwhile, nearly every time you call the horse, you have to enjoy the camera looking at the ground ... (I hate this ...)

• SpirantCrayon22

I think I worked it out. Holding down the button for whistling summons the horse once the full thingy has filled up. Keeping hold of it after that causes Eivor to try to mount the horse. Letting go of the button means she doesn't try and mount the horse.

• azullFR
    2231 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    that's it, I just verifyed on the PS4 after reading your post 👍
    your explanation is far better than mine ! 👍

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1243 posts

Glad you managed to work out what was happening here and thanks for returning to the thread. I'm sure other players might be wondering the same thing and could find the thread.

Cheers!

Official Response
  • InnerVoiS
    9 posts

@ubi-orion
    It's a cool system. I call my horse while running towards where I want to go and Eivor gets swept and you giddy away happily.
    There is a case that drives me nuts though:
    IF Eivor doesn't jump on the horse, then you just keep chasing him as he is very close in front of you but you can't mount it from behind.
    It breaks the flow for me and god forbid how many swears I gave to that horse cause of this.

All in all, the horse is better with the recent updates as it was way worse before.
    Especially when the game took away camera control from you and you used to stare at the ground while running. (Most of the time I call my horse while running away on foot)

PS: I would love if the devs would treat horse riding with more racing mechanics in mind.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2309 posts

Hello @innervois,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I'll pass it along to the team 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-mark

There is one aspect of this that I feel is worth feeding back, though it's negative it's actually quite important.

This is a support forum. I asked a question that could (extremely) easily have been answered by someone at Ubisoft. Four months later, by chance as it happens, I figure something out about how it works.

Why didn't Ubisomeone (you guys or the developers) post a response explaining it? This applies to various other posts, too. I see no reason at all why such a post never occurred.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2552 posts

Hello spirantcrayon22 thanks for your question. The Player Support forum is designed as a place to report bugs in the game or to help troubleshoot an issue with the player, that is its purpose. Most gameplay queries, walkthrough questions, or player feedback are to be moved to our General Discussion area. Valhalla is probably our busiest forum, so unfortunately some threads may be missed by accident because of the sheer volume of threads that get posted here on a daily basis.

Official Response

Suggested Topics