ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Friend/Community Jomsvikings not appearing in ports [Ubisoft Club Brotherhood Tatoo - Urgent]

2 Likes/18 Replies/115 Views
    xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

Hey there I have a problem regarding AC Valhalla. No jomsviking are appearing in the usual areas (around ports) for me to recruit them and get the Brotherhood tattoo from the Ubisoft Club. And also the Yule festival is not active for me.
    The barracks with jomsviking for river raids do appear and I can recruit those, however they do not count towards the Ubisoft Club challenge for the Brotherhood toatoo.

I am currently playing on PS4, if that information is relevant to the issue.
    Will there be any fix soon, I don't wanna miss the tatoo because of a bug!
    Thanks in advance and happy holidays 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113

If not already done, you could try this (approximative English, sorry) :

1. Fast travel to Ravensthorpe
    2. make a Manual save
    3. quit using "quit to the tite screen"
    4. restart the game ( "X" on PS4)
    5. Open the Ubi-Connect tab
    6. Open the Weekly-challenge tab
    7. Quit Ubi-Connect ("Triangle" on pS4)
    8. Load the Manual save made at Ravensthorpe
    9. You should now see 1 jomsviking for hire

Hope this will help a little 🙂

• xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

@azullfr thank you so much for the post! Unfortunatelly it did not seem to work. However I now think another bug may be also influencing this. I've talked to someone in ubisoft support and they asked if I had any jomsviking spawning under the jomsviking hall and after doing your method it appears I doo. So my theory is that by refreshing the game as you suggeted did spawn a new friend/community jomsviking for hire but it spawned under the jomsviking hall meaning I can't actually hire him.
    Hope Ubi manages to fix it, or at least give another avenue for the tatoo.
    Either way thank you very much for the feedback and your english was great!

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113
    sad this did not worked,

you "underground jom" spawns at the "Dock 1" ?

Hope this will get fixed for you soon 🤞

• xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

@azullfr No, it spawned under hall 2. Near dock 1 only the jomsviking I already have appear.
    I used to have 75 jomsviking and thought that might've been a reason no community/friend jomsviking were spawning, and I deleted all but 6 of them and the problem is unfortunatelly still happening.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113
    hall 2 is not only for players jomsvikings, it is also for "bot jomsvikings"

the underground jomsviking at hall 2 is not a problem = I have this nearly everytime (and sometimes it's 2 undergroung jomsvikings)

the problem is that you don't have a gamer jomsviking at dock 1 when you just start the game (after a moment all gamer jomsvikings are vanishing from game)
    = this means you don't and won't have any gamer jomsviking in the map

• xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

@azullfr Yeah exactly, I was just clearing up that the one underneath is in hall 2. The friend/community jomsviking that used to appear near the ports at various locations now never spawn, that's the problem

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113

Usualy when you just start the game all jomsvikings at Hall 2 are Gamers Jomsvikings even if there is one Jom underground just happened to me today (as usual) : here, the underground Jom is in the Yellow circle :

but I could ask all the 7 other joms for hire, example :

Note :

• if you ring the bell = you will only have exclusively Bots Joms ...
    • if you go to a River Raid, when you are just back from River Raid you should find Gamers Joms at Hall 2

if nothing works while you are online, there is a serious bug ...

• xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

@azullfr that's just it. For me all the players to recruit are non-player ones, all the time. And now that no time is left I can't get the tatoo... 😕

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113
    that's sad you couldn't participate to this challenge 😞

It's really strange that you can access Ubiconnect in the Valhalla Tab, but it seems a part (a process) of Ubiconnect is somehow "forgetting" you while you are in-game ...

Maybe you should open a ticket, here a link :
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-us/Cases/New

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

I have found that only the dock one counts for challenges. I'm fairly sure the Jomsviking hall guys never counted.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@spirantcrayon22

I will have a closer look on this, few weeks ago I hired "Gamer-Joms" at Hall 2 and they seemed to be counted, but I will make specific tests for this in the next challenges (still didn't open this week ones) 🙂

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    just verifyed : it works also at Hall 2 =

1. Ubiconnect Before loading the save :
    2. Few time after spawning :
    3. Ubiconnect after going back to the loading screen :

100% sure it counts 🙂

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113
    just a thought : do you use a VPN ? (maybe could interfere with some Ubiconnect process)

• SpirantCrayon22
    1497 posts

@azullfr

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. I must have done it after refreshing the hall (as you mentioned I think).

• xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

@azullfr hey, sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but no I do not use a VPN. And as of not it is still bugged. Just hope there is still some way for me to retroactively get the tattoo from the challenge now.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@xico113
    sadly, I guess you won't be able to get it now 😞

A thing I noticed on console (PS4) : we absolutely need to be connected to internet before launching AC Valhalla , if we start with no internet connection >> no player Jomsviking , then, if we connect again while in game >> still no player Jomsviking

• xico113
    Original poster 17 posts

@azullfr I usually always have an internet connection but oh well. Thanks for the help you gave btw 🙂

Suggested Topics