ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1746 posts

What happened to deleting posts?
    Usually I should be to delete one up to week after posting. In this case I should be able to delete, but for some reason I don't see the trash can icon in the left corner, and when I choose to delete after clicking three dots I get the message saying I don't have enough privileges.

In this case there is a trash can icon...

So why can't I delete every post I posted in last seven days?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    1296 posts

@bielik01 The absence of a delete function actually becomes more annoying when mods suddenly lump your independent post into someone else’s thread and whatever you wrote looks odd and out of place.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@thenorfolkian

The absence of a delete function actually becomes more annoying when mods suddenly lump your independent post into someone else’s thread and whatever you wrote looks odd and out of place.

I had also this problem, found it a nonsense : a thread made to avoid post-duplications (and it was mentioned) is now lost in an partially off-topic thread ...😱

misplacement + no deletion + no edit = 😤

• TheNorfolkian
    1296 posts

@azullfr Exactly. There are a few of my posts that are written as thread-starters, but they show up ten or twenty posts down in another thread now, as if I’m now some idiot who didn’t read everything above me.

• bielik01

I discovered only posts in Valhalla Player Support are undeletable. I can delete posts from Valhalla General Discussions (I mainly post in Valhalla) and here.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@bielik01
    thanks for this info 👍
    they seem really strange these choices of "web-design" 🤔

• bielik01

@Ubi-Keo will this issue be ever acknowledged? I don't know where else to report it... other than here.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1616 posts

@bielik01 @azullFR @TheNorfolkian Hey everyone! Sorry for not getting to this thread sooner. That is strange that this occurs during moderator changes or merges, and I understand this can cause confusion when a post is jumbled up in an existing conversation. I have shared this with the relevant team, so they to take a closer look into this. Also, if you find any other areas other than Player Support where this has occurred, please keep me posted so I can add any additional information for them to check out. Thanks!

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-smash no, it's not exclusive to merged threads, whole Player Support in Valhalla is affected.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1616 posts

@bielik01 Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. Regardless you should have the option to delete a post at any time. I have adjusted this information with the team to entirely understand what is going in the Player Support channel.

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-smash deleting is still not an option.

• TheNorfolkian
    1296 posts

@ubi-smash I can confirm the same on my end as well... attempting to delete posts anywhere in the forums yields a permission error. I’ve also noticed that there is also a problem with attempting to restore posts as well.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@ubi-smash
    I confirm that :

1. Deleting post in Far Cry 6 Player Support Chanel : is an Option (people have 7 days to use it, after that, the Option is still there but not usable)
    2. Deleting post in AC Valhalla Player Support Chanel : Not an option
  • bielik01

@ubi-smash ? Nothing changed for another month...

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1297 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to be back working on the forums, so I'll do my best once again to ensure that the issues, feedback and suggestions posted in this section are heard by the forum development team!

I have looked into the permissions for the Assassin's Creed Valhalla subforums, and believe that the issue whereby you're unable to delete your own posts should now be resolved. Can you please try again to see whether it is possible for you to delete a post you have made in the last seven days in one of those sections, and let me know if you encounter any issues when trying to do so?

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2278 posts

@ubi-woofer
    glad to "see" you back here 🙂

I just made a test with a 4 days old post :
    it didn't work = no option to delete + no option to edit
    Spoiler Tag used to spare some space
    spoiler

the post is in the "Website articles" section :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/162747/testing-grounds-article-june-30th/18?lang=en-US

I will do some test in other sections later 🙂

[POST-EDITED] :
    Correction =
    we can delete posts using :
    Our Profile > Acivity > Posts > spoiler
    then, choosing a post in the list spoiler
    clicking on "Delete" spoiler

Not as easy as having the "Delete" option in the post in the topic, but still usable 🙂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1297 posts

Nice to see you again too, @azullfr!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is the post you are showing in your images within the Assassin's Creed Valhalla sections, as it looks to be relating to / on a thread concerning For Honor instead? Can you tell me whether any of your recent posts in Assassin's Creed Valhalla's subforums are not deletable, as this is where I'd had the permissions reviewed?

If you're noticing similar issues in the subforums for other games, please list these out for me and I'll get them reviewed. It may be that certain sections were created with slightly different permissions by mistake, and we can get these checked for everyone once we identify where these permissions issues might be occurring.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2278 posts

@ubi-woofer

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is the post you are showing in your images within the Assassin's Creed Valhalla sections, as it looks to be relating to / on a thread concerning For Honor instead?

in fact I found these For Honor posts in the "Recent Assassin's Creed Valhalla section" using an old link :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/recent?currentCid=542&cid%5B%5D=542&cid%5B%5D=543&cid%5B%5D=544&cid%5B%5D=548&cid%5B%5D=549&cid%5B%5D=550&cid%5B%5D=553&cid%5B%5D=545&cid%5B%5D=546&cid%5B%5D=547&lang=en-US
    that I won't use anymore,
    instead I'm using now a correct one :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/recent?lang=en-US&currentCid=542&cid=542&cid=543&cid=544&cid=548&cid=549&cid=550&cid=545&cid=547
    and don't see them anymore 🙂

For the "Delete" option in Assassin's Creed Valhalla sections (Spoiler tags used to spare some space) , here an example : no "Delete" option in the post
    spoiler
    and a "Delete" option in User > Activity > Posts spoiler
    it's just an example, I don't have to delete it 🙂

Suggested Topics