ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    @clemsondriver

I hope you are looking forward to your ARs in Far cry having magic fire damage or suppressors setting on fire after 3 rounds and other such nonsense.

If you enjoy realism, stay well clear of the game.

I play games for different reasons...

When i feel like playing a realistic tacshooter i'll load up Wildlands, Breakpoint or Arma 3. If i want to play an action adventure hack and slash then that would be Skyrim or AC: Odyssey. If i feel like playing an action adventure shooter i'll play Fallout 4 or a Far Cry game. And if i feel like playing an action adventure shooter its usually not for realism, weapons or gunplay but more for the story, or game world or something else. Besides, i've played MGSV so its not like it would be the first time i played a game where the suppressor crapped out after just a few shots.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

I think FC6 is the strongest title in the series since the third one but I can't play it because of the horrendously messed up spawning. It is so off putting when enemies including snipers respawn when you turn your back on them or move more than 50 feet away. Makes stealth or any approach other than all out assault kindof pointless. It ruins the experience and immersion completely for me and I haven't played it for weeks because of that reason.

My second biggest gripe is different ammo types for different enemies. In principle good but there should be a way of being able to switch mag types rather than having to haul around different weapons for different enemies. This is the same poor implementation that Wolfenstein Young blood had and was widely rejected.

In every other way it's a more refined experience. Less and more meaningful loot is a definite plus.

See I don't mind loot in a far cry game because I go in expecting an arcade experience.

There's still a bit of dissonance in tone, ie some of the characters are dreadful and pandering and are the polar opposites of what I would consider hardened guerilla fighters to be.

Far cry 3 was partly so good story wise because it's tone and gameplay was very dark. The character work was excellent. It played into the fact that the player gradually became a homicidal nutcase by their experiences and it really worked. It addressed the ludo narrative dissonance of being a hero and mass murderer at the same time.

But overall the gameplay and delivery is quite slick. If they address the spawning and allowed us to capture and clear more locations then it would be excellent.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Original poster 1254 posts
    @vahndaar I think FC6 is the strongest title in the series since the third one but I can't play it because of the horrendously messed up spawning. It is so off putting when enemies including snipers respawn when you turn your back on them or move more than 50 feet away. Makes stealth or any approach other than all out assault kindof pointless. It ruins the experience and immersion completely for me and I haven't played it for weeks because of that reason.

And this is one of the reasons I can't believe when people are saying the game is good, let alone excellent. Now, I do believe they enjoyed it, very much even but, and this is the big thing for me, NOT because of the shooting gameplay but despite of it, meaning, they loved the exploring, the eye candy, the looting, etc, etc, but didn't care much about the shooting gameplay and to me, that is the reason I would buy Far Cry, for the shooting.

@vahndaar My second biggest gripe is different ammo types for different enemies. In principle good but there should be a way of being able to switch mag types rather than having to haul around different weapons for different enemies. This is the same poor implementation that Wolfenstein Young blood had and was widely rejected.

Far Cry has always given you the chance of carrying 4 different weapons and at the beginning it was a glaring issue for me (coming from loving the 1st FC but hating the 2nd), once I wrap my head around the idea of the fantasy zero to hero then I understood why and I understood why stealth was not part of the gameplay but it allowed for an initial infil. Being said that, it shows, yet again, the amount of effort put forth into the gameplay (ie: they care very little about it!).

As I have stated before, I won't spend 30 to 40 greens on it but I can see me paying 1o to 15 in a couple of months for it. I mean, this has become kinda like watching every movie that Marvels pumps out (or the most recent 6 episode in a season TV series, WTS is that all about? 6 episodes to cover a whole season? Seriously? Jeez!!!) or Star Wars, But I digress.

Oh and another tid bit I am hoping they will allow to hit the ESC button and be done with the first 24 to 30 cinematic epilogue. I mean I understand the premise but I already saw/wasted 24 minutes of my time watching it on a youtube video gameplay, do I really want to do that again once I start my own game? I think not.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

But overall the gameplay and delivery is quite slick. If they address the spawning and allowed us to capture and clear more locations then it would be excellent.

I waited for a couple of title releases for them to address the bulk of the spawning issues, which it seems to have done. I’m not very far into the game (about to take down my first boss), but so far I haven’t witnessed any spawn issues. And the checkpoints and facilities I’ve captured remain held by Libertad. And I find that just using armor piercing rounds eliminates the need to consider what ammo to use… it’s effective against everyone… so I can completely ignore the other ammo types.

I also liked how FC3 made you consider how many people you had murdered in the end. In almost every Ubisoft game, you can reflect on how many people you’ve ended and come away with some perplexing thoughts. In Breakpoint, I think I’ve eliminated tens of thousands of Sentinel who were just doing their job as security guards. Who’s the real bad guy on Auroa?

• FcAc-No-Moe

@virtual-chris

I guess that I am glad not to know where I could look that up, one because I don't care about stats and two because I don't care since I know it is just a game I am playing.

I can tell you something, If I care, all that would do is make me want to kill even more next playthrough. FC3 & FC4 are lucky that there are no hippies.

• Steven527
    381 posts

I won't buy another Ubi game on principle. Sale or not. I'd likely not even download it if it were free. Just not interested in contributing to their bottom-line until they show some level of respect to their user community.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    @Steven527 I won't buy another Ubi game on principle. Sale or not. I'd likely not even download it if it were free. Just not interested in contributing to their bottom-line until they show some level of respect to their user community.

Well, that is what I have been doing since GRAW but, I am willing to help others like Steam & Epic Games and the reason is regardless of some of their work methods, they do have a good sense of business and the bottom line is that perhaps some of that money will go to UBI in the end but I rather not hand it to them directly if I can help it.

For instance, they have their own store and sometimes you can tack a coupon or code or points to the total or final price for an extra discount but I won't care, I won't buy it directly from them. I am under no illusion they will change their methods because they do work for most people and the Lemmings just eat it up whole but I don't care, I have been doing it since 2005 is it does feel good.

Suggested Topics