ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Original poster 1246 posts

Best hour of my life, not because of all the cussing going on and Oh Boy do he goes off on the cussing aspect so be warned, this is not for the fainted heart nor those who may want to keep their Politically Correct theme going.

This is more just to show that even though the Company said it was delaying some games for a longer period to make them better and or more optimized or whatever other gimmick word they use, it was all a lie, BS, Crapolla so to speak because 1 year later and this game suffers and it will continue to suffer WHAT GRB suffered 1 year previous to FC6 launch and continues to suffers.

The sad truth is, many of you (and more so the lemmings) are expecting that the so call in the pipeline GR AAA game will be even better than what OP ML is and well, the hard truth is that... why? What gives you the idea that the leopard will change their spots?

Say the new AAA has been worked on for 2 to 3 years with assets from the old school crowd (those who left already for 1 reason or another), why do you think they will scratch that and begin with a clean slate? I mean, after seeing what they have done with FC6?

WARNING: NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE CHILDREN WHO UBISOFT CATERS TO IN THIS RATED "M" GAME.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MikeWeeks
    316 posts

Least it be forgotten, the review by 21kiloton of Breakpoint when released was just as brutely honest:

• FcAc-No-Moe

The dude does has a subtle way with words doesn't he?

😀

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

That’s fair review and the right amount of swearing needed for the tripe that is Ubisoft games these days.

It’s funny that Ubisoft are walking blinding into constantly creating crap and everyone seems to know apart from them.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

I've just started playing Far Cry 6 as I need a break from Breakpoint after finishing Motherland... and FC6 was on sale. I bought the basic version and a cosmetic pack from the store.

Far Cry 6 is a good game in my opinion, but I'm not expecting a lot... just some fun shooting and a rich world to explore and it certainly delivers on that. The world reminds me a lot of Wildlands Bolivia... probably because of the shared Latin American backdrop. Like Bolivia, it's also a real world with people going about their daily lives. The graphics are great. Ubisoft world designers are masters of their craft. The open worlds they build are outstanding really, and this one is particularly HUGE and interesting. There's no cookie cutter copy-paste use of buildings that I've seen, which is very different from recent open-world GR games.

There is a good selection of realistic weapons in FC6... I have an AR15 with ACOG and canted red dot with a suppressor. I also have an HTI, and a SPAS 12. But my fav weapon in Far Cry is the bow, and this game carries over the great bow mechanics and selection from previous games. I usually start with the bow and then switch to the AR or SPAS for CQB or when things go loud.

The game loop is the same as any other Far Cry game... you do missions to undermine the regime, capture important facilities and check points, and help civilians. There's nothing revolutionary here, but that's actually good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I like that vehicles play a more important role in this game. You can customize them, and get someone to drop your ride at your current location... similar to Pac Katari but more immserive as someone actually drives up and drops off the vehicle. The other cool vehicle mechanic I like, is that you can use the vehicle to replenish your ammo... something I've long asked for in GR.

There's more gore and foul language in this game than GR which I enjoy for some twisted reason. It seems like it's not a PG rated game like GR.

The story seems good, and realistic. It's not a drug infused story line like most of the predecessors. The cut scenes are often long and very well done. The acting and voice acting in this game is outstanding. Similar in quality to Bowman debriefs... and certainly better than anything in Breakpoint. The characters are all a bit crazy, but having travelled extensively in the Caribbean I feel that's not completely unfounded in reality.

I wouldn't say there's any MTX must haves. The base game offers everything you need to enjoy the game.

There are a bunch of hand-made bizarre backpacks and weapons but you can completely ignore that, which I'm doing. I'm also completely ignoring the animal side-kicks.

The game is not nearly as lethal as GR... you can make stupid mistakes and live to tell about it, but it's still fun. But it encourages stealth and guerrilla-style tactics. The AI is a probably similar to the vanilla Breakpoint enemy AI... which is to say "slow" to detect and respond 🙂

It took me awhile to adjust to a first-person view... I feel like my character is shorter for some reason - I guess because the camera is closer to the ground than in 3rd person? Not sure, but it feels a bit strange at first, like I'm constantly crouching and want to stand up, even though I'm standing already. But I'm getting use to it.

Is it a milsim game? No. But is it a fun and immersive shooter? Yes. But as usual, YMMV... it is what you make it.

If you enjoyed Wildlands, and want something a little less military, and a bit more free-wheeling, with a very rich world to explore, and lots of enemies to pop in the head, it's worth a try.

• GhostAgent14
    189 posts

@virtual-chris
    That was a great review, Chris, and you really captured Far Cry 6 in a nutshell there. I got FC6 shortly after it came out and have already played the main campaign. It really was a lot of fun. I actually stayed up until 4:00 in the morning finishing the final missions because I wanted to see how it all ended!! Lol. Like you said, I also get a Wildlands vibe from time to time - especially with some of the background music. I also like so many of the characters and their colorful personalities. I have enjoyed times of utter chaos where I'm going around guns blazing and blowing things up, and I've also enjoyed some great stealthy moments that have gotten my heart racing as well. 😀

This was actually my first Far Cry game, and it inspired me to try some earlier ones. So far, I've tried FC3 and FC5. Those are okay, but they feel so much mre grindy than FC6. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Lol.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    just some fun shooting and a rich world to explore

I would have rather the other way around but that is what one can expect from Ubi's shooters... Lots and Lots of hours exploring for flowers or kiddy rewards while doing some sporadic spongy shooting. You are right though YMMV.

What I don't understand is why do they make the game Rated Mature but the content is on Kiidie mode.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

Jesus I really worry about you lot. Like are yo ur expectations of video games that bad that you settle and ‘enjoy’ far cry?

I’m guessing you’ve not spent enough time playing proper games.

Bullet spongy, repetitive and bland is not a good game even if you enjoy playing parts of it.

• FcAc-No-Moe

Well, ever since FC2 I have been waiting for the proper sequel to Far Cry, you know, with the real premise of a CIA dude writing checks his body can't catch? but alas, evolution has required me to wrap my head around the fantasy world of drugs (boy does the studio fancy their mixes of chemically enhanced supplements huh!) , punk kids turning into heros and crystal balls availabilities, etc, etc.

This is why I thought that the Video trailer of BP was a genuine sequel of the Original Far Cry... since there was just 1 dude being hunted. Well, we all know the rest.

The issue is that FC6, just like BP, tried to jammed the whole world with crap that one can't be anything else than overwhelmed. I am talking about the regular dude, the dude that buys a shooter game for, well, the shooting and cares very little for silly and kid-like rewards.

Lets be honest, BP is even a bit less than what I would consider a shooter so my expectancy and the bar of a good UBI shooter is almost buried at this point.

Now, point me in the direction of those good and proper games you are playing on PC and I am going to jump on them like stink on crap. Now, they can't be Just or Co-Op and even less PvP only, otherwise, all bets are off LOL

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@rugby_dog

I don’t find it any more spongy than Breakpoint. One head shot will kill anyone. Body shots might be a bit more spongy but not frustrating like Division level sponge. Sponge seems very similar to Breakpoint.

Far cry is a lot of things, but it’s not bland. The open World is one of the best I’ve played. Probably better than Wildlands Bolivia. It’s not as serious a game as GR, but it’s a fun shooter and has a bit of exploration (Indiana/Lara style) to it.

Games to me are like movies… I can enjoy both an action thriller, and a love story… you just have to know what you’re watching and set expectations accordingly.

And don’t worry, I hold GR to a much higher standard than FC. Just because I can enjoy FC doesn’t mean I expect less from GR.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

Appreciate the review links!

Bought FC 6 a few days after release; beautiful game world---looks great on my comp (Kudos to Ubi!), story line is more serious and darker than the last couple FCs (which I applaud!), as the reviewer noted; "Thank the Gaming Gods" Ubi got off the in game BS player character drug trip/s Ubi's been hung up on since FC 3! 👍 Well done cut scenes and a speaking player character! 👍 👍

My FAV? The rocket firing back pack. Like to see anyone use that silly piece of arcade 🤐 more than once IRL! And not being able to unequip it from your character. 👎 Worse than the battle belt EVER thought of being! How about your character being REQUIRED to cart 4, count'em; 4 different weapons with them?! Great game mechanic there. 👎 Items of "magic clothing" like the Sexy Boi/Gurl gloves that allow you to magically fill in the blank. Yea. NOTE to Ubi. Play KIngdom Come: Deliverance to see how abilites/skills SHOULD be implemented. The enemy NPCs aren't spongy; it's just the usual Ubi seriously 🤐 ed up real world weapon performance. Suppressors that not only nerf performance, BUT over heat to red hot in 3 rounds! AWESOME!!! Oh.............................I almost forgot the most GOD AWFUL game ammo system EVER! 5? 6? different types; which only function on the corresponding type of enemy coded to be vulnerable to that particular ammo 🖕 2; count'em; 2 different difficulty levels Too Easy and Too Easier---------------great. 😕 ONLY animal GFHs. 👎 Enemy NPCs that are deaf and blind. Enemy NPCs that respawn in some places/bases LITERALLY if you turn your character around in game!!! AWESOME!! When Ubi released the Vaas update they TRASHED my comp's ability to run the game at all (as well as hundreds, if not, thousands of other PC players comps)---making my new game unplayable for several weeks (since been fixed by another update)!

Now, don't get me wrong. Except for the Vaas update making the game unplayable for thousands of us; I don't have a problem with any of the above IF that silly arcade 🤐 , was confined to lesser difficulty levels. It's a great idea to allow gamers who prefer a more relaxed style of game play to enjoy your game, as well as those of us who would like a more difficult realistic type of game (play).

I've used the Cybo Jack Rocket Pack once. And have ignored it since. I haven't used ANY of the dopy animal GFH's other than the mandatory acquisition of them; dismissing them ASAP after the acquisition portion of the game. The rest of it? 😞 seems like it's stuck like glue to me.

• FcAc-No-Moe

I commend (and I am also perplexed) how some of you guys can be up in arms with UBI for one game but purchase another game from the same Company. I know different studios make different games but personally speaking, I will not give any of my money to Companies I think are doing the wrong kind of business, no matter if the game is fun or not.

What I will do is, in the case of BP for instance, help Epic Games recoup some of the money and purchase the game from them but only after substantially discounted.

I am sur FC6 will be in the bargain bin sooner rather than later and possibly I will get it from Epic Games again but buying a UBI game at launch? Nah, I am not that masochist 😊 😂

• NewFool7
    51 posts

So, I was trying to come up with a good Far Cry game in my head a few days ago. In my opinion, the last good one was Far Cry 2. Here's what I got so far:

You're a camera man/photojournalist. Your reporter guy gets killed in front of you and it messes you up. You don't touch a gun for the first part of the game. You get assignments from your boss at some HQ which consist of you going out and getting pictures of deals, or weapons, or people, or corpses, and/or etc.

Eventually you get captured. You get your hands on a gun and fight your way free. The rest of the game is grounded Far Cry, no drug trips or magic tattoos.

I have an after credits scene too.

The credits finish rolling, and it fades into you watching your own bed from behind your closet door. You can't move yet, but you watch an assassin sneak in and stab your bed (which has a decoy in it) and then you come out and kill the assassin. Black screen, title card, game ends. Sequel?

Anyway, I just wanted to share that idea because I think it shows the potential of what Far Cry can actually be.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts
    I commend (and I am also perplexed) how some of you guys can be up in arms with UBI for one game but purchase another game from the same Company. I know different studios make different games but personally speaking, I will not give any of my money to Companies I think are doing the wrong kind of business, no matter if the game is fun or not.

What I will do is, in the case of BP for instance, help Epic Games recoup some of the money and purchase the game from them but only after substantially discounted.

I am sur FC6 will be in the bargain bin sooner rather than later and possibly I will get it from Epic Games again but buying a UBI game at launch? Nah, I am not that masochist 😊 😂

In my case, thanks to the botch job that Breakpoint was, I don't buy Ubi games I like until they've had a couple of title updates and go on sale. I'm not at the point (yet) where I'm boycotting Ubisoft.

The unfortunate thing is, there aren't a lot of choices out there when it comes to single player open-world campaign shooters with modern weapons. GR, FC, and TD are the leaders here... what else is there? Almost every other modern shooter is either a zombie game or PvP.

• FcAc-No-Moe

@virtual-chris

I don't know Chris, 30 to 40 cheeseburgers is still too much for me and I rather fire up and old game to hold me over until FC6 gets to 15, which I give it another months or so. Bonus points is that maybe by then all the most glaring bugs and glitches will be fixed. I hear the studio that did FC6 doesn't hire kids to code as the Paris Studio seems to like to do.

But I kid of course

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    Almost every other modern shooter is either a zombie game

The way the AI works in Breakpoint it might as well be a zombie game ho ho ho!!!

Last Ubisoft games i paid full price for was AC: Odyssey and then Immortals Fenyx Rising but that was only because i wanted a replacement for Skyrim like really bad. All my other Ubisoft purchases: WL, WP, FC:ND, FC5, TD2, WD:L i waiting until they were on reaaaaally big discount. FC New Dawn and FC 5 were my first Far Cry games and i wasnt really impressed with their gunplay. With FC5 the very first AR i picked up was when i met the Sherriff and went to an abandoned house and had to defend a few attackers. IMO that first AR had terrible sound effects and its shooting mechanics was also pretty bad. After i saw your post about the ACOG weapon you had with FC 6 though i looked up the new weapons and a lot of them look pretty good. M16, AK47, AKM, M14, even has a couple of other classics like the m60, MG42, PPSH, and SKS! i haven't seen an SKS in a game in a long time.

But since its Ubisoft i'm still a bit hesitant on the overall quality of FC6 even though a lot of videos show its pretty good. So i'm just gonna wait until its on deep discount like i always do with Ubisoft games.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Almost every other modern shooter is either a zombie game

The way the AI works in Breakpoint it might as well be a zombie game ho ho ho!!!

But since its Ubisoft i'm still a bit hesitant on the overall quality of FC6 even though a lot of videos show its pretty good. So i'm just gonna wait until its on deep discount like i always do with Ubisoft games.

You ain't kidding about the enemies in BP being Zombies with the difference that these ones are pumped full of chemically enhanced pills like Paxil (hence, the sponginess) and super pumped out on Steroids (hence, the eagle eye when shooting back).

You have to be careful which Youtuber you are watching the video from because if its a Paid one then the Game is even in its own class, innovative and AAAA even. 😊

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people like it, I ain't that thick headed but I also I am not that Naive and I know it is pretty much because of the Eye Candy World, the exploration, the looting, rewards, etc and the sporadic shooting which goes with the rest of it. I would pay full price if the shooting was the priority though, after all, it is a shooter game I am playing.

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts

You have to be careful which Youtuber you are watching the video from because if its a Paid one then the Game is even in its own class, innovative and AAAA even. 😊

For YT vids of video games i dont even listen to their commentary anymore. I watch videos from whoever but its just to look at what gameplay looks like. And sometimes i might not look at videos specifically meant to review games because they might edit their footage to intentionally leave stuff in or out. So i usually try to find a "lets play" video which most of them dont have commentary anyways and some might not even have breaks in the video from editing.

• FcAc-No-Moe

@clemsondriver

Gotcha.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

@clemsondriver

I hope you are looking forward to your ARs in Far cry having magic fire damage or suppressors setting on fire after 3 rounds and other such nonsense.

If you enjoy realism, stay well clear of the game.

Suggested Topics