ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved Watch dogs legion not detected my graphic cards correctly or whatever as i have not idea what is happening

0 Likes/7 Replies/285 Views
    StrifeCiel
    Original poster 2 posts

First of all, sorry for my broken language as it is not my native language

My laptop requirements is:
    AMD Quad-core A12-9720P with Turbo Core 3.60 Ghz
    Primary/Integrated/Hybrid graphics : AMD Radeon R7 Graphics for basics usage
    Discrete/Hybrid : Radeon 500 Series 2GB vram which is i use for gaming
    8Gb ram

I know my laptop is low-end laptop but it should not have any problem running any games at low setting with 1280x720 resolution.

After i launched wd legion yesterday, i go to graphic setting and set everything to low, restart it but then, i noticed that wd legion still using 2922 / 2028 vram usage. Then, i run a benchmark, and the result show that my (Radeon 500 Series) gpu load used is at 0%.Then, i monitored it through task manager and i saw that wd legion using 1.8/2.0 gb of Radeon 500 series vram usage. However, my gpu (Radeon 500 series) utilization is around 0% to 5%.I remember watching some guys playing wd legion with 2gb vram which is only using around 2019/2027gb vram usage and doesn't have any problem. All other games doesn't have this kind of problem except for watch dogs 2 that i played long time ago but problem suddenly gone after i change my main hard disk (C:) to SSD and i have no idea how it happen. It sound like watch dogs game can't detect my graphics card properly.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

Hey there @strifeciel!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue with your graphics car not being properly detected. Have you tried making sure the Radeon 500 is set as your dedicated GPU yet? If you have done that and still get the issue with your vram usage, please create a new ticket on our support page and then upload these files so I may take a deeper look into this. Be sure to come back here and let me know the case number you're given.

Official Response
  • FearsumEnjinn
    17 posts

@strifeciel Hey I had a similar issue. It was set it up in the game but for whatever reason it switched back to the default card. Sounds lame that it was that simple but it was literally the last place I looked after trying all the work arounds.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @fearsumenjinn ,

Thanks for sharing this, appreciate it!

Just checking in to see how you're getting on @StrifeCiel ?

Official Response
  • StrifeCiel
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-dino Hi, sorry for late reply.
    Yeah, i already Radeon 500 series already set as dedicated gpu...but the problems still exist...Anyway, my case number is *redacted*

• FearsumEnjinn
    17 posts
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @strifeciel

I see we have responded to your ticket, but feel free to update it again if needed.

Official Response

Suggested Topics