ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• candleinwind
    5 posts

@la_elly NOTE same issue but it is February 13 2022. Disc played fine in December and I beat main story fine. I was trying to get back into the game for the new DLC. And if anyone is wondering, I DO NOT play while its updating. I let it finish, start, and just get this slap in the face "cant start the game or app" blah blah.

• toadaly
    2 posts

@ubi-karl Purchased brand new from Walmart a few days ago. Once the original copy to ps5 completes, I can play the game fine, until the patch installs, and then get the same error as everyone else. The PS5 is about 6 weeks old. I have more than enough space on the device for the game, and have a network connection active, and have not had this type of problem with any other game, so I don't think anything wrong with the console.

• toadaly
    2 posts

@smego72 That's not it. I allowed it to fully patch before ever startign it the first time. When that failed, I figured it was a bad download and deleted it, and then started reinstalling. Since I was now impatient, I started the game from disc and it worked fine, until later on when the patch had installed, and again the exact same problem.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5950 posts

Hello there @candleinwind & @toadaly,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a CE error whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Milky, a CE error is a console error that is generated by the PlayStation console.

If you are encountering a CE error in-game, then we would recommend that you first complete all of the troubleshooting steps on this console support article. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues, such as crashes and error codes. Additionally, we'd recommend checking out this troubleshooting guide by PlayStation for more information on specific game launch issues.

If you are still encountering a CE error whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, then we would recommend you get in touch with PlayStation support for more support, as this is an error generated by the console itself.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • UCLAKoolman
    2 posts

I am also experiencing this issue with Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5 (physical disc). I deleted the game yesterday and it played fine off a fresh install without the update. Once it updated the game would not play. Ridiculous and frustrating.

I am going to backup and restore the system and see if that fixes it. Next I’ll try the reinstall + update without playing suggestion.

It’s sad to find this thread and see how long people have been posting this issue without a confident resolution.

• UCLAKoolman
    2 posts

Backing up and reinstalling the PS5 system software did not fix the issue.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@uclakoolman Hey! Thank you for your reply and sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience this issue. Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

Have you reached out to Sony support also?

Official Response
  • Markus12down
    1 posts

@ubi-karl got physical copy the other day, Doesn't work. Error CE-100095-5.

2 months after this first occurred and no fix. What are you guy's doing?

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @Markus12down and welcome to Discussions.

I am sorry to hear about your error CE-100095-5, but there are no upcoming fixes for that because it is a console error generated by Playstation. I would kindly ask you to read through the thread and try to complete all the connectivity troubleshooting steps suggested by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis

I also would like to emphasize that we are Ubisoft Support Staff and we can report bugs to the development team, however we don't have an impact on fixes implementations and an estimated time of delivery because we are not the developers.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Official Response
  • BALHAMSLIM1
    3 posts

@ubi-oxavo How can this be a console error when the game played fine before the ubisoft update/patch? It is the UBISOFT update which has caused this problem, so UBISOFT are responsible for the issue and should take responsibility and not try gaslighting the customers!!!!!

• BALHAMSLIM1
    3 posts

I have tried all the trouble shooting and I still get "can't start the game or app" after the latest UBISOFT update! Please confirm whether UBISOFT are going to fix this as I will have to sell my physical disc as it does not work!

• BALHAMSLIM1
    3 posts

Finally after hours and hours, deleted game and all files ,uninstalled / re installed just game from disk ,(stopped and deleted upgrade/patch ) restarted ps5 after game copied from disk, then downloaded upgrade/patch,restarted and now game works!!!!

Seriously tho, half a day to copy game, download 60gb upgrade patch then spend hours reading solutions on internet, then delete all and repeat! Seriously! Between Sony and Ubisoft this is not on! After 6 months from UBISOFT and a 1 year old console from Sony and this is still happening is nothing short of insulting to us the consumers! I'll be waiting till future ubisoft games go on sale or buy 2nd hand until these issues are properly resolved.
    What a waste of so much of my time! And this is from a diehard UBISOFT Fan who has bought all their games for 15 years and now feels he has lost a lot of trust and respect they had build up over those years!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2505 posts

Hey @balhamslim1

I'm glad to hear that it is working for you now and hope you can now enjoy the game. Just to answer the question you asked before though, errors like CE-100095-5 are console errors. That's what the CE stands for and Sony generally list articles about these errors on their own support site.

Official Response
  • SavorySharts
    1 posts

Same issue here. Going to try not playing while it updates completely. Which is a pain. Will update once that's done. But still [censored].

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2860 posts

Hey there @savorysharts ,

Sorry to hear you've been having issues!

Just checking in to see if you're still having trouble loading the game after completing the update?

Official Response
  • BaByDeagle
    1 posts

Same issue. Bought the gold edition excited to play. Game has the same error. I had been playing the game on Ubisoft connect on my phone at work through Luna and I was excited to transfer my progress to the big screen. Didn’t work out. Deleted the game, every time it updates which is needed, it won’t start anymore.

• Don_Ackone
    1 posts

Hello guys, I have problem on my ps5 with Assasins Creed Valhalla, It was running well but from 2 days ago I cant play, I ener the menu and when I press continue button the screen is loading and back me on the main menu, can some one help me?

• Ubi-Oxavo

Hello @BaByDeagle and welcome to Discussions!
    I am sorry to hear you are receiving CE-100095-5 error. As far as I understand the error has started to appear after you deleted the game and installed the update?
    Could you please go ahead and perform all the steps suggested by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis?
    Here you can find the link to our technical troubleshooting guide. I hope it helps.

Greetings @Don_Ackone . I understand how frustrating this could be and would like to clarify something. You're simply unable to start the game because you are rolling back to the main menu after pressing "Continue" and there are no CE errors?
    I look forward to hearing back from you.

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    122 posts

lol what kind of forum is this? wanted to delete MY POST but i don't have enough privileges to do so 5 minutes later? Well I'll just leave this as the comment then...

• Ubi-Oxavo

Hello @azhrei21 and thanks for getting in touch. Please let us know if you want us to delete the Post for you and which one?

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance in the meantime!

Official Response

Suggested Topics