ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• la_elly
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello,
    I've recently purchased a PS5 boxed version of the game.

When I insert the disc into the playstation, it starts copying from the disc (of course) and also start another download with the latest patch (1.041.000).
    The problem is, once the patch is installed, the game does not start anymore, giving this error: "Can't start the game or app (CE-100095-5)"

I tried reinstalling everything multiple times but with no results. The only way to be able to play the game is to re-install it without the patch.

Has anyone else had this same issue?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• stoyan_us
    1 posts

I have the same issue with Far cry 6

• Scoottykun
    4 posts

exactly same issue here ! Ubisoft please do something, it’s very annoying ! I can only play by uninstalling the game and block any incoming update (which is a pain on PS5)

• mikeeP45
    1 posts

@la_elly

I have the same problem. Did you get any help figuring out what to do?

• dramainaction
    1 posts

Same issue here with a clean install of AC Valhalla. Rebuilt data base, deleted, reinstalled… tried everything.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys, thanks for getting through to us and sorry to hear about not being able to launch the game, as I fully appreciate how frustrating this can be to deal with.

So that we could look into the matter further, I understand that this solely concerns PlayStation 5 players, therefore if anyone who is having difficulty with this on PS4 or other platform, do let us know what it is.

For those of you who are dealing with it, can I check the following:

1. Since when did problem start to occur?
    2. Do you all have physical copy of the game or are some of you having this issue with digital copy as well?

Let us know and we will take it from there!

Official Response
  • ethan2727
    2 posts

@ubi-karl
    I have a physical copy on PS5, tried to install today, it let me play while it was updating, but as soon as it updated it won't let me open the game anymore.
    Error says "CE-100095-5 Can't start the game or app"

I got it when the PS5 came out and played about 80 hours, and reinstalled it today and am now having this error

• Scoottykun
    4 posts

self-deleted-message

• Scoottykun
    4 posts

@ubi-karl
    as for me, i bought the game very recently (physical copy with gold edition), and installed it 1 week ago.
    i was able to play some hours with the v1.0.0 from disk fresh install while the 1.0.41 was downloading on the background, but as soon as it was done downloading and installed i wasn’t able to play the game again beceause the ce-100095-5 error that immediatly appear on game launch.

• TheRedFrelancer
    4 posts

@ubi-karl I am also having the same issue, since getting the new update it has stopped working. I have a physics copy of the game, I have tried reinstalling and rebuilding database but no luck. It’s annoying as I know a lot of people might get this game tomorrow and it not even work….

• AccoWand
    1 posts

I have this to on PS5 and boxed game.

So i played the 1.0 patch.

Things don't spawn as they should. It's a good game.
    But pls fix this issue it makes me just wanna stop playing ubi games.

I just know it gonna take month to get this fixed so why even keep on playing is what i feeling right now.

• TheRedFrelancer
    4 posts

@accowand I can’t even play lol, I have my save with content that’s not in day one 😂

• ByronBeach
    1 posts

Riders Republic doesn't install on PS5 with the patch upgrade 1.006.0...

If I purchased this game from an Indie studio I'd be more forgiving but this is completely unacceptable.

This is a Xmas present 🎁..and my son is very 🙁

• smego72
    9 posts

@la_elly i had the exact same problem..if you delete the game and then reinstall and wait untill the update has downloaded and installed 100% (dont be tempted as i was to play whilst the update is still on the go) it will work fine..battlefield 2042 did the same thing..hope this works for you too..happy xmas

• GameTime_Aus
    2 posts

Physical copy brought for Christmas.
    Install + Update over 5 hours.
    Error cant play........

How? How can this get through testing?

• smego72
    9 posts

@gametime_aus read my post buddy..hope this helps as ubisoft are useless

• GameTime_Aus
    2 posts
    @gametime_aus read my post buddy..hope this helps as ubisoft are useless

Yeah trying now. Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed that this works 🙂

• DarrenRunyon
    1 posts

I have a boxed copy of Valhalla on my pS5. Everything was running fine for me, but when this lastest patch dropped, after installing the patch I am also getting this error, cannot start game or app.

I deleted Valhalla, did a full reinstall, copied my save from cloud, and same error.

I'm going to try one more time following each step in order....

Delete game
    Clear pS5 cache
    Reinstall
    Port save over
    Play

But that's what I did last time and unless I had not passed the dutchy enough and Got messed up on something I don't know what else to try. Will update after reinstall.

• smego72
    9 posts

@darrenrunyon i bought this from amazon 4 days ago and it was driving me bat [censored] crazy..my friend was having the same issue with bf2042 and suggested just leaving it untill everything was done and voila i can now play valhalla and bf2042..

• smego72
    9 posts

@ethan2727 reinstall after deleting but dont play it untill the update has downloaded and installed..once its all installed and updated 100% then it will work..seems if you play while its still updating in the background something corrupts..works fine for me now.

Suggested Topics