ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/29 Replies/1388 Views
    osx77
    Original poster 6 posts

Hi, I have a problem with the Echelon level 16. With the Challenge "run over an enemy with and vhc and kill the other two with an hdg glitch". I did it multiple times and nothing Happens. I use multiple cars and handguns and still nothing. it is a glich or I missing something. Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello @osx77 thank you for getting in touch with us about your Echelon challenges.

I do not believe there have been any reports so far of issues with challenge 16, which has been passed to our Breakpoint team.

Can you please post a screenshot in this thread, of the requirements for this challenge, as it is written in your menu/log, so that we may follow this up and investigate the method to acquire it?

Official Response
  • osx77
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-milky Yes is the last Challenge "runover an enemy with and VHC and kill the other two with an HDG". I have complete it several times in different ways and I get nothing. I dont know if I am missing something but the requirements are pretty straightforward. so i dont know why. thanks

• joaomos_PT
    41 posts

With Panther and Echelon cathegories, I'm stucked at level 16 because when I do what you say with a VHC and after what is asked in both cases, it is not considered. I've aready tried it with all kind of VHC and it doesn't work. As I've seen in several vbideos in Youtube guys do it with any kind of vehicle and it works. Can somebody please explain me why this is happening

• joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@ubi-milky
    I posted before about this problem. Sorry to repeat my own post, but you gave me this one as sugestion and this way I try to reinforce what my fellow player "osx77" says.
    Today, 21 December 2021, it happens the same to me with that chalenge. And not only that chalenge. In Panther class, at level 16, it happens exactly the same with the similar chalenge wich says - "Run an enemy over with a VHC, then quickly kill another in body to body."
    Both chalenges don't work. Echelon and Panther. And at the same levels - 16.
    I've tried them with al the kind of VHC and nothing.
    But, as I could see in several videos posted in Youtube, both worked perfectly, and with several kinds of VHC.
    I ask you to explain me why rhis happens, what I must do and/or something about the question
    Thanks

• KermitRope
    16 posts

@joaomos_pt can you tell me exactly what it is you need to do? I've completed them but I don't know the exact requirements, but maybe I can help.

• nuxbag
    17 posts

@osx77 you should probably post a video that shows you doing it because saying you've done it doesn't really tell us that you did it correctly. This is what you have to do to complete this you have to run over ONE enemy pop out of the window and shoot two more with a handgun. Getting out of the car first or barrel rolling out of the car and then killing two enemies takes too long

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey @joaomos_PT

No problem about coming back to your post about the issue (or a similar one at least). If you are able to record and provide a link to a video showing how you are attempting to tackle the challenge, that would be great. Thanks @nuxbag for also mentioning this and providing a tip about how it needs to be done.

Official Response
  • joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@ubi-froggard
    Sorry to contradict you, but I've seen several videos in Youtube of guys doing it - see Alex Frost for instance - and no one does it that way. All they get out of the vehicle and do the second activity after. It's enough you go to youtube and see it, in English or in Portuguese, as you wish. Certanly something changed since then.
    I´m sorry to notice that, as always, you start saying that the problem is ours. I don't think that's the best way of Ubisoft to deal with the problems wit have. So being, I think that it shoul be you posting a video explaining how we must do what seems to be an impossible task. I had the same challenge in other classes, where I already got the level 20, and everything worked fine.
    You know, what I'm doing is trying to get to lvl 20 in all classes. It's the way to keep an objective in a very interesting game (thanks to you Ubisoft) where I already achieved all the other objectives.
    @nuxbag
    I thank you for your interest and support but I am sorry to contradict you.For instance, I don't see how you can get out of the window and kill a guy in body to body, one of the situations. And in all the videos I've seen others completing the task (I saw a lot of videos to try repeating before posting in this forum) and in no one the second task is done from inside the car, they always get out or roll, do the second action, and get success. Furthermore, as I'm playing solo I am the driver of the VHC and I don't see how you can, in that case, get out of the window before living the VHC. Anyway I'm greatful for your interest.

• joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@kermitrope
    Thanks for your interest and sugestion for support. What I'm trying to do is surpass the level 16 in Echelon and Panther classes. In Echelon the chalenge is "Run an enemy over with a VHC and quickly kill 2 others with a HDG". In Panther the chalenge is "Run an enemy over with a VHC and then Kill the other in body to body". I've tried it lots of times and with all kinds of VHC. I've seen videos in YouTube explaining how it is done, and I do it exactly the same way. But it doesn't work.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @joaomos_pt

I'd love to be able to do a video for you showing how it should be done, but unfortunately I don't currently have a character with progress far enough to be able to do so myself, nor a PC that could even run the game at my current location unfortunately.

I also can't find you someone else's video showing how it should be done, because even if you are doing the exact same thing they are, that was for them at the time and it worked for them. Something could have changed with the game since their video was recorded that is now causing the issue.

We ask for videos from players having an issue so we can send it to the game team so they can try to replicate the issue, as they have the ability to do so, and they can also try to identify things that you have equipped or the location you are trying to do it, among other things, to try and identify why it doesn't work in your case, but may work in others.

Official Response
  • nuxbag
    17 posts

@joaomos_pt so all my classes are at 20. And I didn't say that was the only way to complete it there's many ways maybe you just need to think a little bit out of the box. So if you drive one over then change seats then you can shoot the two on the other side of the vehicle through the window. Timing is the issue if you can get out of the car and do a barrel roll and kill them fast enough then do that but if you're not quick with your controls or don't have the right setup before hand ( the other 2 dived in the wrong direction or one was on the other side of the vehicle) then you're gonna take too long. that's how i did it and i didn't watch any videos on how to do them.

• joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@nuxbag
    As I can see you are an expert in classes. I have only 3 at level 20. And with similar changes that I solved quickly. If you wish and want so, I would like you to explain me how you can (or what you do) to shoot from inside a car when you are alone. I tried everything, change place, be in combat but inside the car, and I can't even have the gun in hand or shoot while I don't get out of the car. I saw even the setings to verify if there is any option to allow taht and I didn't find none. I would be very grateful if you could help me.

• joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@ubi-froggard
    Thanks for your answer. Now I think you are treating the question correctly. I don't send any video because I never made videos of a game, and I don't think that coul help you anywat, because from all the times I repeated the attempts theye were surelly all different - The reaction of the enemies, their distanve between each other, and so on. I can tell you that in one of my last attempts i runed over a Guy wich was alittle behind the others (they were in group), stopped the car asside the other two, got out and imediatly shot them with an HDG. Nothing happened. For me it's enough. I can't do better. And this was a lot better then in most of the videos I have seen about this challenge.
    If the rules have changed from the time of those videos till now, I think they have changed a lot. If you can, want and it's possible for you, it would be very interesting if the team of the game would explain you the new rules, how few seconds we have to complete the challenge, in what position we must be and all the conditions, in order for you to transmit it to us.
    Until a correct explanation or definition of the challenge comes, or else Ubisoft decides to review those chalenges in both classes to see if there´s any glitch, I give up of the objective of leveling up the classes that still miss to me and probably from the game itsself.
    Thanks again for your kind answer

• nuxbag
    17 posts

@joaomos_pt I think you missed the point of the challenge, you're supposed to figure out how to do it by using the mechanics of the game and your skill. That's why all the descriptions are simplistic. You posting a video of how you think you did it correctly will show us how long you take to aim how long after you ran over one did you actually get out of the car and how long it took to complete the entire thing you can tell us that you did it but the video would show us how you actually did it.

• nuxbag
    17 posts

@joaomos_pt the second sentence in my reply describes to you exactly how to shoot when you're by yourself.

The short answer (change seats)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlRMFTSTd4WMiCnCA9PXgXZLDgnn: (https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlRMFTSTd4WMiCnCA9PXgXZLDgnn)
    and even here I change seats twice so it took too long

• joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@nuxbag
    Thanks nuxbag. Actually in that kind of vehicle I can shoot changing place. I don't really know the meaning of VHC (I'm not English) but I don't think it refers specifically that kind of vehicle. At least is not what I can verify in lots (and they are lots) of videos about that challenge. I've seen being used all kinds of vehicles, people getting out of them and everything working fine, i.e., the challenge being completed.
    I've tried to do it as you say, as I said it worked, but certanly I didn't do it quicly enough and the challenge remains non executable. But that's not the way I would like to do it. Besides, it certanly doesn't work for the same kind of chalenge in Panther.
    Anyway I want to thank you very much for your interest and help.
    In the meanwhile I will be waiting for the answer of the last post I put @ubi-froggard. What exactly are the new conditions created by Ubisoft for us to complete the challenge or, alternetively, to verify if there is any glitch at those tasks. I won't try it again, cause I'm tired and I have lost tthe interest in going forward with leveling up the classes
    Thanks again, fellow player

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @joaomos_PT

I'm sorry, in my previous reply I didn't mean that something has definitely changed for how it should be done, I meant that there could be an unintended bug introduced since the video's you've seen, which is why a video from yourself attempting it would really help us to see what you try and to then try to replicate it ourselves to determine if its a new bug that needs addressing.

I have found some other post's about the challenge's difficulty on our older forums, but I have found a couple of useful comments on this thread here: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2339930-Level-up-test-quot-Panther-16-quot-Forums) that may help you with completing it, specifically trying to do it on joining a friends game, and making sure you run over and enemy with a vehicle, not shoot them with a vehicle mounted weapon.

Another thing mentioned that is if the vehicle is moving fast enough that when you exit you go into a roll, the roll animation will eat too much time between the run over kill and the CQC kill. You need to either run someone over at slow speed, or crash into something that makes you stop right away so you can get out without rolling. Let us know if those suggestions help at all.

Official Response
  • joaomos_PT
    41 posts

@ubi-froggard
    Thanks for your kind answer. I've done it enough times, many times indeed. So much that I'm tired to repeat them. In many of them i've made them in less time that those I've seen in the videos I refer. Maybe I'm not good enough to make that chalenge. I'm at level 99 and got there in extreme enemies and veteran tactics. It's the third character I play with, enough to know very well the tactics of the game. I liked very much this game. It's a good production from Ubisoft. But I play for pleasure. If I can't take pleasure from what I'm doing, and repeating the same thing dozens of times without success it's boring, I simply leave it. For me it's an impossible chalenge, so I will not try it anymore. The porpouse I defined to put all classes at lvl 20 has no more my interest. I quit.
    Thanks again for your interest and support

• apsingh1
    42 posts

@ubi-froggard And why you guys need to make it so much complex compared to other challenges. Stupid thinking.

Suggested Topics