ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AlePlay
    Original poster 736 posts

the game is no longer able to maintain certain game settings: assassination guaranteed I am forced to activate it EVERY time I open the game

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KlowdyWilde
    2 posts

@aleplay I don't want to seem like a troll, but did you hit "apply?" I have had that happen a time or 2, just mashing esc.

Another strange thing I've noticed is even though auto targetting is off, I can't always control which way I swing. I try to smash a box in front of me, but I spin 180 degrees and start swinging toward the camera.

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

@aleplay Not trying to be an A hole here. But, why would you want guaranteed assassinations anyways. Do you want to play the game or just breeze thru it and not have to use any skill at all? Same holds true with the level scaling and difficulty levels. Play the game on the more challenging levels for each. Don't use Aim assist either. Sure there are some bosses playing at those higher difficulty levels that will cause some serious headaches but that is the challenge. Anyways that is my two cents worth and I play this game on the highest difficulty settings.

• AlePlay
    @aleplay I don't want to seem like a troll, but did you hit "apply?" I have had that happen a time or 2, just mashing esc.

Another strange thing I've noticed is even though auto targetting is off, I can't always control which way I swing. I try to smash a box in front of me, but I spin 180 degrees and start swinging toward the camera.

yes, I pressed confirm ... before writing the post
    I tried twice, closing and re-opening the game to make sure.

• AlePlay
    @aleplay Not trying to be an A hole here. But, why would you want guaranteed assassinations anyways. Do you want to play the game or just breeze thru it and not have to use any skill at all? Same holds true with the level scaling and difficulty levels. Play the game on the more challenging levels for each. Don't use Aim assist either. Sure there are some bosses playing at those higher difficulty levels that will cause some serious headaches but that is the challenge. Anyways that is my two cents worth and I play this game on the highest difficulty settings.

you are right I'm starting my 3 run on Odyssey among other things, so I'm used to unsecured assassination ...! in valhalla I usually used it. it is true that it makes the game easier, in fact I don't use it often, for me we say it's a priority management: there are times when I would prefer to get directly to the target without the need to fight .... (the killer can only be carried out when they do not discover you, so in theory it should be a reward for a well-executed stealth ..!)

• TheNorfolkian
    1595 posts

@aleplay I too noticed this happen to me after TU 1.4.1 rolled out with the new custom difficulty settings. The game had deactivated my custom assassination, likely because I previously had the maximum difficulty settings and it thought I wanted everything else at the related default for those settings. After setting it back to ‘on’, the game hasn’t given me any further problems.

• AnimusLover
    311 posts

@chuckkatse Oh, not this tired argument again. Whenever people say this it's a dead giveaway that they never played the old games. Ubisoft used to be able to create challenge around assassinations through excellent level design. Try to do any of the 'no detection' optional objectives in AC Brotherhood and Revelations, even Unity or Syndicate to see what I mean. Guaranteed assassination is the reward for not being detected. There's absolutely no skill involved in Valhalla since if you acquire all the skill points you'll be able to one-hit assassinate every guard anyway without runes and armour. I was never a fan of assassination not being guaranteed in Odyssey either but at least in Odyssey there was fun in creating builds where you could do that (and more). You can bet I turned on guaranteed assassination for Valhalla the moment I could. This update seems like a cheeky way to trick people into playing without it. When I saw a quick time event assassination I laughed. It looked so stupid.

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

@animuslover I have played both AC Origins and Odyssey on their highest difficulty levels and I will agree they were a lot better than AC Valhalla. But don't say my comment was a dead giveaway that I never played other AC games. Matter of fact I am getting ready to play Odyssey again since I have completed all the available AC Valhalla content do date with the exception of repeating the current Yule Festival again. The festival that a lot of players are having problems even getting to work.

• AnimusLover
    311 posts

@chuckkatse You misunderstood me. I said your comment was a dead giveaway that you haven't played the older AC games i.e. AC 1, The Ezio trilogy, the American Saga etc. Not the new RPG ones. In the old games perfect stealth actually require strategy and skill which is why when you pulled it off the game rewarded you with one-hit assassinations. I've also beaten both Origins and Odyssey on the hardest difficulty but the stealth in those games on their hardest difficulty does not compare to the skill required to pull off no detection in the old games which had no difficulty settings. My point is this series has proven many times how to make stealth challenging and none of those times did not allow for one-hit assassinations.

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

@animuslover Understood

• longjohn119
    1278 posts

@animuslover Have to agree with you there .... QTE's are so 2014 ..... I went into the game with guaranteed assassinations off thinking it would work like Odyssey but after the first QTE event I turned it on .... QTE is also the reason I don't do any of the drinking games unless required .... I remember those stupid things for fighting animals in Black Flag and Rogue ... It's just so unrealistic and unimmersive ... It made some sense back when PC's and consoles didn't have enough power to do decent physics engines but those days are long gone

• EpicLazor
    13 posts

This is happening again after patch 1.5, I need to re-enable it every time I start the game.

• TheNorfolkian
    1595 posts

@epiclazor What platform are you on? I’m on XBox Series X and it didn’t happen for me.

• EpicLazor
    13 posts

@thenorfolkian On PS5, every time I open the game I need to re-enable it.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there everyone, thank you for your comments about this and I want to apologise for the delay. @EpicLazor, as you are playing on the PlayStation 5, could you please go through this article ensuring you have completed all of the steps? These steps can help rule out many of the common causes for in-game related issues. 

Additionally, if anyone else experiences this issue after installing the most recent patch 1.5.0, could you please let me know and also share what platform you are playing on? Thanks!

• EpicLazor
    13 posts

@ubi-gizmo I've done all that, still have to manually set them on every time I start the game.

• ILManzo86
    2 posts

Same here, i had the problem after patch 1.5, every time I exit the game and return, the setting returns to no. ( PC ).

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 328 posts

Thanks for confirming this! Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issues after fully updating the game!

We've already forwarded reports of gameplay settings being reverted after closing the game to our developers and they are currently investigating this issue. Once we have additional information, we will communicate it through these forums and the patch notes.

If you have any further questions, or require further assistance, let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics