ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AlePlay
    Original poster 713 posts

on AC Valhalla I can get 60 fps
    On Odyssey rarely (especially in Athens or in Attica in general ... very difficult to get a stable FPS ..)
    is the game having this problem?
    or my pc? XD 

GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 6x 3.40 GHz
    ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, S. AM4
    16GB DDR4-3200 | G.Skill RipJaws

currently, as can be seen from the screenshot
    I'm using a less heavy configuration than the recommended one ...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    1207 posts

@aleplay Athens is very CPU intensive .... Make sure you don't have any background applications running ... Also Volumetric Clouds is your biggest FPS killer so you might gain some by turning it down a notch

• AlePlay
    Original poster 713 posts

@longjohn119
    yes, I also noticed that volumetric clouds is one of the heaviest settings ..! XD what do I put on average? XD

I'm not using half the performance available on my computer
    ergo, this game was poorly written 

• longjohn119
    1207 posts

@aleplay If you look at it by thread instead of average CPU usage you'll see several thread peaking out at 100% while others may be only 10% ..... That's just how threading works in DX11 it can really only handle 4 threads efficiently and the rest not so much. I have a 7" LCD set up to monitor my system which works better than an overlay and it's not at all unusual to see cores bouncing off 100% while the average is in the 30% range. It looks like this although this shot was taken at idle

Suggested Topics