ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ledavinchi
    Original poster 2 posts

I've read multiple discussions on either this very site or reddit about the fact that ubisoft connect or uplay doesn't work. I've read that they don't work in England, France, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Norway or Finland. so what the F*ck is wrong then. Because apparently they work completely fine in north america and work completely fine

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• guest-UCuV9OwQ
    1 posts

I'm having the same problem for a few days now and Ubisoft blames everything else but themselves and refuse to fix it because it's "not from their end" even though everything else works just fine..
    I'm from Finland and I just wanted to play Valhalla

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @ledavinchi

Ubisoft Connect is available in Europe but you will see people will come on the forums from around the world whenever they have a connection issue with Ubisoft Connect. Sometimes it will be an issue with the servers, sometimes it will be planned maintenance that they weren't aware of, and sometimes it will be an issue on the players side. We'll always post about any planned downtime and whenever we become aware of an outage that will affect players being unable to connect.

Are you actually having an issue yourself? If so, is it happening in a game, or is it for the Ubisoft Connect PC application?

@guest-UCuV9OwQ is it happening in a game for you, or is it when trying to log in to the Ubisoft Connect PC application?

Official Response
  • Rootimus
    41 posts

@ledavinchi - Froggard's point about maintenance is legit, however, for the most part, it's simply poor programming. This is evidenced by Ubi wanting gamers to disable all kinds of gaming-related things (TS, any streaming / recording apps, etc) and, incredibly, wanting us to compromise our local networks by enabling uPnP on our routers to get around their shoddy work. (Hint: everyone who isn't a security researcher should disable uPnP on their router, weld the switch into the off position, bury the settings page in concrete, then take off and nuke the site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure).

I can't speak to what mix of laziness and incompetence is involved (dear mods, that's a statement based on observed data, not an attack!), but they seem incapable of organising a social event in a beer production establishment. They were made aware by multiple players about the Connect issues which began the same day they renamed uPlay and here we are - what, a year later? - and they're still acting like this is news to them.

Further, I'd point out that Steam doesn't have these widespread issues, yet I've never so much as needed to forward a port for either the launcher or any HL2-based games, let alone start disabling gaming tools, my VPN connection and basic network security stuff. I also get fewer outages with my Steam buddy list in a year than I get actual connection time with Connect. Given that this is the "standard" seemingly across the company (the new forum, their store and Wildlands are all good examples), good luck waiting for them to fix it. That Valve have solved the problem but Ubi haven't speaks volumes about their "leadership". In this instance, Ubi are Below Orbit to Valve's SpaceX. 😞

Edit: typographical error

Suggested Topics