ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• clgbnd2015
    Original poster 1 posts

I have played this game for months. And then all of a sudden, every single time I open it it loads until it gets to the screen that says press any key. As soon as i press anything, it crashes. No error message or anything, just "oh, no, it looks like your game crashed. Would you like to send a crash report?" Ubisoft support is useless and did not provide me any help or things I hadn't previously tried.

My specs are as follows:
    Device name DESKTOP-31VM77F
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz  2.70 GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB
    Device ID A175DCE6-765C-4E72-A097-C487C4960700
    Product ID 00326-11250-10002-AA813
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎10/‎7/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1415
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

These are the following steps I have done to try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. verify my system meets minimum specs (it does)
    2. download latest microsoft visual c++ redistributable
    3. disable peripherals
    4. update ubisoft connect
    5. update game
    6. add game as an exception for both anti-virus software and windows defender
    7. verify game files (all good)
    8. disable ubisoft connect in-game overlay
    9. disable background programs for recording and screen recording
    10. run cpu and gpu at default clock speeds
    11. run the .exe file as administrator
    12. disable real-time scanning features of my anti-virus software
    13. reinstall ubisoft connect
    14. update all drivers
    15. install all windows updates
    16. install latest directx files
    17. set monitor dpi to default and match current mode with native mode
    18. run ubisoft connect as administrator
    19. clear temporary files
    20. disable background applications
    21. update gpu driver with a clean install from nvidia
    22. scan sfc for corrupt files on administrator command prompt (none found)
    23. check disk in administrator command prompt (it's good)
    24. ensure ubisoft connect launcher and the game are on the same drive (they are)
    25. reinstall the game
    26. restart the computer

All of this, with no avail. If anyone has any other suggestions, I will gladly take them... But at this point I might have to call this game a loss, which would really suck as i have put hundreds of hours into this game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 690 posts

@clgbnd2015 Hi there, sorry to hear this issue persists! I apologize for not reaching out to you sooner.

I took a look at your case with our support team, and I see you mentioned the game is installed on an external hard drive. Are you at all able to test if the game will launch if installed on an internal hard drive?

Official Response

Suggested Topics