ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• XMdead
    Original poster 144 posts

I finally got my skill build to what I think is "nearly perfect".

I am now ready to make a CritHit/Damage build and I thought I'd make one designed for Raids that I can use or adapt for regular play too. But most builds I found seem designed for twitchy fingers, fast reaction time gameplay. But my playstyle leans more towards the strategic and tactical than fast-reactions.

So, I need advice on which of the many builds would suit my playstyle best.

I did notice some common themes, so I suspect that such a build will probably be a mix of these with some variations:

• All or nearly all Red build, with most pieces having 1 Crit Hit Chance, 2 Crit Hit Damage and mods being Crit Hit Damage.
    • Usually based on 3 Providence pieces, Coyote mask, Fenris vest with Glass Cannon, and Grupo Sombra holster.
    • Most builds rely on the Memento backpack, but I saw one that uses the Walker one with Vigilance... which might suit my playstyle better since I would not need to constantly expose myself to pick up the tokens.
    • Specializations seem to usually be Survivalist, Demolitionist or Gunner.
    • Weapons seem to vary, but common ones seem to be an AR (like the Carbine7) for one, and either a rapid-fire single-shot Rifle, SMG or LMG as the other.
    • Reviver Hive seems to be pretty much required.
    • For the second skill it is not quite so clear, many seem to like foam but my instincts tell me it might not fit my playstyle. What else is there?
    • Finally... for the other gear pieces I saw a lot of variation.

I hope someone can give me good advice or even point me to a build that would be suitable for how I play and make me effective in a Raid while also being able to use the build in regular - at least Heroic solo - and/or team play.

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• blueray789
    19 posts

Use an unbreakable chest (with it you basically double your armour but do less damage), and a crusader shield if you are not in cover most of the time. If you are in cover most of the time, ask the rest of the raid group what skill should you use.

• PT_Frizzer
    57 posts

@xmdead 3 Providence pieces, Coyote mask, Fenris vest with Glass Cannon, and Grupo Sombra holster is very good for raid, heroic, legendary. I use one of that but for me is not easy to get rid of Contractors Gloves and Fox Prayer's but that's me.

I don't know which kind of weapon you usually use. If is a rifle then go for Fox Prayer's kneepads. If is a lightmachine gun then Contractor's is a must.

I use Famas, Carbine 7 with "Damage to target out of cover" attribute and Optimist or Strained as Talent

The specialization is Gunner.

As skills, better to use reviver and I use the Banshee Pulse to confuse the mobs. It saved my [censored] several times.

• XMdead
    Original poster 144 posts
    @xmdead 3 Providence pieces, Coyote mask, Fenris vest with Glass Cannon, and Grupo Sombra holster is very good for raid, heroic, legendary. I use one of that but for me is not easy to get rid of Contractors Gloves and Fox Prayer's but that's me.

I don't know which kind of weapon you usually use. If is a rifle then go for Fox Prayer's kneepads. If is a lightmachine gun then Contractor's is a must.

I use Famas, Carbine 7 with "Damage to target out of cover" attribute and Optimist or Strained as Talent

The specialization is Gunner.

As skills, better to use reviver and I use the Banshee Pulse to confuse the mobs. It saved my [censored] several times.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I got enough info to start building up at least the initial portion of the build. I have been collecting, so I might even have the parts in my stash 🙂

• My primary tends to be a Carbine 7... until I can get something better (probably in a Raid) 🙂
    • My secondary is usually a max-damage per shot Sniper Rifle if I play solo, or an LMG when in a group or if I expect to run out of AR ammo suddenly. In a raid I suspect it would be either an LMG or SMG.
  • V4MPiR1
    231 posts

@xmdead

My secondary is usually a max-damage per shot Sniper Rifle if I play solo, or an LMG when in a group or if I expect to run out of AR ammo suddenly. In a raid I suspect it would be either an LMG or SMG.

Yeah, nix the Sniper Rifle and the SMG, as well as the Demento and Scorpio. Use either a BR or LMG, with greater weight on the former. A Sniper Rifle is a highly specialized tool in a raid, and until you're fully familiar with raid scripts and other mechanics, will only result in teammate casualties. The same can be said of the Scorpio. In the right hands, a Scorpio has a specific purpose in specific phases to expedite completing an objective. 99% of players, however, use it because they lack the wherewithal not to.

Blue and Frizz both gave good advice. I always recommend Negotiator's Dilemma, and still use it myself, depending on my tasking:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/post/646226?lang=en-US

The most versatile build in D2, comparable to D1's Striker, is the Negotiator's Dilemma (Gunner Spec: 4-pc ND, Coyote Mask, Fenris Obliterate Vest, 59-60% CHC, remainder in CHD, Crusader Shield, Healer Drone, AR, BR, pistol).

As Blue mentioned, both raids are completed over a number of phases, and may require you swapping out skills, weapons, gear, and potentially even entire builds and/or specializations. Have one of the aforementioned RED builds above, and the Raid Commander will advise you further as required WRT recommended skills and your assigned responsibilities. Always choose appropriate weapons (esp. WRT effective range) and be prepared to cover the responsibilities of downed teammates -- in addition to your own -- and/or communicate them to the team.

Also, "skill build", technically refers to any of the three types; Damage, CC (Status Effects), or Medic (Repair Skills). Practically, however, it's cursive for Skill Damage; the others being "CC" and "Medic", respectively. This infers an all-in approach for effectiveness. Hence, Damage means six-tier-six-max-damage. This will become evident if you're ever tasked as the Circle Jammer on Razorback in Dark Hours; surviving drones will hopefully only result in some finger-pointing. 😀

Get that RED build together, first, though, ASAP. Then just follow commands until you're experienced enough to branch out into one of the more specialized roles.

The Division 2 Discord is great for PUG raids; you can always tell a good group by how coordinated they are. Any group that operates on a "let's just wing it" approach with no planning or assigned positions post-insertion has no idea what they're doing and you're wasting your time with. Have fun! 👍

Suggested Topics