ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OliverHviid1
    Original poster 1 posts

So i installed Assassins Creed Valhalla after a long time, and it wants me activate an Activation Code but i dont got, any and never did (Its bought from Epic Games) and before i had the problem with the activation Code, it just loaded and loaded when i tried to launch it (The picture of Eivor and ship in the background and stuff like that) I have played Valhalla before to 54% and i want to continue but cant. please Help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 892 posts

@oliverhviid1 Hello there! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

You should not need an activation key with a game purchased from Epic Games.
    As a first step, can you please log out of both the Ubisoft and Epic clients, log back in, and attempt to launch the game again?

If that does not resolve your issue, please try the steps below: 

Please note that both the Epic Games launcher and Ubisoft Connect client should be run with administrator rights when performing these steps.

1. Close the Epic Games Launcher.
    2. Go to your system tray, at the bottom right side of your screen.
    3. Find the Epic Games Launcher icon and right-click the icon.
    4. Select Exit from the menu that appears.
    5. Go back to the system tray and check if the Ubisoft Connect logo is there.
    6. If it is, right-click the logo. Select Quit from the menu that appears.
    7. Lastly, restart the Epic Games Launcher and launch your Ubisoft game.

Once this is complete, y​​​​​our game should no longer ask you for a key and you can start playing. 

Official Response
  • Adisuperbgamer
    1 posts

@ubi-spacecats It is ridiculous you sell games to epic games and you didn't give the activation codes so the sale on epic games is just a scam. Even installing games from your rival game publisher easier and the activation codes already included when we purchase the games, learn the lesson from other companies!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5779 posts

Hello there @Adisuperbgamer! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with your purchase from Epic Games. Just to clarify, are you being asked for an activation code when trying to launch Assassin's Creed Valhalla? Or are you just sharing feedback regarding this issue.

If you have been asked for an activation code, then I'd suggest trying the steps shared by my colleague @Ubi-SpaceCats earlier in this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FriesTheLord
    2 posts

@ubi-spacecats I tried this several times. I bought watch dogs legion via epic and I am still yet to play due to this. Also the game is showing in my Epic account and it is linked with the ubisoft account (both using same emails). I had both Ubisoft and epic unlink each other and re linked. Still having the same issues.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2289 posts

Hey @friesthelord

Please try the following steps too:

Close Ubisoft Connect fully so it isn't running at all.

Navigate to the Ubisoft Game Launcher cache folder, by default located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache

Open the cache folder and copy the "ownership" folder to a safe location.

Once you have backed up that folder, delete the "cache" folder.

After deleting the cache folder, please verify the game files within Epic:
    - Open Epic
    - Navigate to the game in your Library and click the cog icon.
    - Click the Verify button once the drop down menu appears.
    - After verification, the launch option appears again.

When this has been completed, try launching the game again.

If you still have a problem, please post in the Watch Dogs Legion forum, or reach out on one of the options below. Just make sure to include what steps you've already tried so they don't get suggested again.

Live Chat (when available)

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Private Message

Please make sure to provide your Ubisoft account username and email if messaging on Twitter or Facebook. 

Official Response
  • amsukpp
    1 posts

My friend purchased r6s through Ubisoft connect and upon receiving the activation key he accidentally closed the tab. He's currently searching for the activation key but can't find it. Would you mind giving me a heads up on where we can find the activation key?

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 102 posts

@amsukpp Hello! I'm sorry that your friend purchased Siege and isn't able to locate the activation key. I would suggest that your friend reach out to us directly either by creating a support ticket here or by posting on the Rainbow Six Siege Player Support forums here. Since this is an issue with the content on your friend's account, we'll want them to contact us so that we can assist with the issue. Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics