ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Agent0range96
    Original poster 18 posts

Hello there.
    I was watching The Division 2 walkthrough on YOUTUBE and I've noticed that before WONY there were pre-mission dialogues.
    And after WONY when you hovered the mouse cursor over a mission (main, side, and some others) you would hear a lore-related dialogue such as a radio transmission between members of one of the factions.

example: When you hover mouse over active missions it used to trigger short dialogues (i.e. dialog between Manny and Kelso when hovering over Grand Washington Hotel). After WONY these dialogues disappeared.

As someone who really enjoys the story elements to the game could you please add an option to turn this back on?

Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    1114 posts

dunno if hovering ever did that , but i do know that clicking on it to set a way point does exactly that .

at least on the classified missions it does, so try to put the normal missions on story mode to see if you can hear it , probably doesnt play on other dificultys , which makes some sense or we would be hearing that way too many times during end game and it would be irritating.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    we would be hearing that way too many times during end game and it would be irritating.

Exactly. Having it available when you start the mission is enough. We don't need to hear the same thing repeatedly while mousing over the map.

• Agent0range96
    Original poster 18 posts

@dagrommit well that's your problem.
    PS: you won't hear it before you complete the mission.
    I've payed for the game, so I don't want it to be thrown from the window.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    PS: you won't hear it before you complete the mission.

As noted, dialog from Manny to your agent plays when you click on the mission. What's been removed is the flavour dialog between Manny and Kelso when you mouse over the mission. Given how frequently we've all played the same content, the former is more than enough. The latter is no great loss, and it's removal was a good thing given how frequently we use the map.

I don't want it to be thrown from the window.

Well that's your problem.

p.s. the rest of us paid for the game too

• N3mB0t
    1114 posts

@agent0range96

and its your problem too if you played the game long enough , you just didnt had time to realize it , and yeah... we all paid for the game so i dont know what was that all about , being rude instead of thanking who is trying to help you will net you a share bit of loneliness next time you ask for help.

• AgentD3adly
    4 posts

@n3mb0t When was I rude? Did I hurt your feeling or something? Wow, this generation is really getting soft. All I wanted was a full game without cut content, that's all.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@agentd3adly interesting - this appears to be your first post, but the thread was started by "Agent0range96". Is there a particular reason you needed two accounts?

FYI, the forum rules: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99382/forum-rules?lang=en-US

• gh0st_wh1sp3r
    4 posts

@n3mb0t Well, it sucks for newbies like me who want to get into the world, but it's empty and lifeless without the map dialogue -- I only found out that there used to be dialogue from YouTube

That will teach me to buy games that cut content 😕

Suggested Topics