ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1191 posts

The existing side quests (mysteries) around the Isle of Skye were okay, but they could have been polished up a bit more. I was particularly surprised that the standing stones mystery at Fairy Glen featured no actual audio from Brendan of Clonfert, as all of the others have. While exploring around the Isle of Skye, one might happen to come upon a number of locations where it appeared there would have been a quest if this DLC had been a more complete expansion. While playing through the story, I did notice a few places that seemed like a mystery quest would have been there, like the house that has yet another lady with cats.

Recently, I decided to start taking screenshots of some of these locations that felt like mystery quests should have been present. The most interesting of these was a spot where a lone archer seemed to be practicing. Wouldn’t it have been really cool if Eivor were challenged to an archery contest that was actually a challenge (not like the one in the festivals)?

Nearby from there, there was a lone woman in distress with a cart. What did she lose?

And again from there, at a nearby stable, there’s this guy standing outside doing nothing... What if he were waiting for someone to do something about a problem?

I also came upon a ditch where some poor people had been killed by wolves. I feel like this could have been related to a larger situation on the island.

There’s also this pretty nice private locked residence that seemed like it belonged to someone important... perhaps the boss of all the brigands on the island? I really did not enjoy that the story for this did not include any big enemy or boss fights like the one for Odyssey. Wouldn’t it have been cool to fight some big baddie?

Maybe this lone enemy standing around by a fire would have been somebody worth fighting?

These are just some examples. I may explore further and take more screenshots, but it really would have been good if Ubisoft gave us more to do on the Isle of Skye.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Simplethumb
    128 posts

I came across the first one you mentioned with the archer, he was just sitting there for me. I noticed all the bottle 'targets' on barrels and now you mention it, yeah it seems like it should/could have been a side quest.

At the time I just thought some dev had taken a bit more time creating a scene, a place where mates meet up, have a drink and shoot [censored] lol.

I might have seen the woman near a cart but there were 2 other people with her on my game... if it's the same place.

minor spoiler below

I've just gotten the Spear of leonidis and was so gutted it was a full spear and not like the Eagle Bearer's 😞

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1191 posts

@simplethumb I too was particularly put off by the full spear... and it makes no sense as Kassandra already gave the spear to Herodotus, and we know it ended up buried where Layla eventually found it. I mean, if they’re gonna give us the spear... give it to us broken... and have it behave like a dagger in Valhalla... that would have been cool.

• Simplethumb
    128 posts

@thenorfolkian

I admit, if it was the broken 'dagger-like' spear I probably would have used it all the time lol.

All the hammers, axes and daggers in this game just seem too big (with the way they grow when equipped).

As you implied, it's not the real spear, that has its own story, they easily could have made it the broken spear (or gave us both).

Suggested Topics