ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Peterparker2022
    Original poster 1 posts

I just beat the main story (where I fight Joseph) and I don't know why so many people hate it. This is my favorite. I have played Primal, 3, 4 and Primal. I love the setting and characters, and the enemy is a great character. This really caught my attention as I have a morbid fascination about cults. Many people hate the way that enemy AI behaves after liberating a territory, but I find it understandable. It's almost like they are demoralized and confused following the loss of their leader. It was also nice to see that they eliminated the need to poach animals for bullet cases and other stuff. It's cool that they have replaced it with an achievement system. This encourages you use different weapons and tactics. Before I became a purely assault rifle man, but I have found new ways to use my assault rifle. https://mingle2match.com/dirty-pick-up-lines/: (https://mingle2match.com/dirty-pick-up-lines) It was something I wouldn't do if the game hadn't forced me to.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• steamchip
    1 posts

I agree! One of the things I like about  Far Cry 5 is that it takes place in Montana, you know, Wisconsin, but with mountains. The scenery is quite well done and though not as exotic as  Far Cry 4, has a charm all its own representing a good slice of rural America almost wherever you'll find it. 

Then there's the music, I enjoy very much the custom soundtracks some of which I play outside the game. Dan Romer, the Hope County Choir, Hammock some of these songs are sing-along, quite beautiful, meditative even redemptive; totally contrasting what you see the cult actually doing. 

And the games atmosphere, location and political statements ,or lack there of, have generated quite a bit of controversy, more controversy than perhaps UbiSoft expected.

This game has covered the gambit of controversy. "Lefties" complained that the game was not an anti-trump shooter simulator and down rated the game frothing over their disappointment; some Christians thought the game was thinly guised anti-Christianity, and some animal rights activist wanted fishing to be removed. 

There were also quite a few positives though, on a fishing magazine site there was an article that stated to the effect oddly Far Cry had had perhaps the best fly fishing simulator of any fishing game. Elsewhere a Montana grandfather posted he looked over his grandson‘s shoulder while he played the game and conveyed while a lot of things were truly representative of Montana, he had yet to see a grizzly bear on fire.

My favorite article is the Pastor vs the Father which actually takes the religion thing head-on and intelligently contrasts the difference between real Christianity and the Edens Gate Project (and cults in general). 
    https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/far-cry-5-the-pastor-versus-the-father/: (https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/far-cry-5-the-pastor-versus-the-father/)

Then there's unexpected things, for example, at a campsite on one of the small islands I ran across a guy playing a guitar, singing and a couple dancing. I had to pull over my boat and watch for a while. 

In another incident, a panicked tourist was running away screaming "someone help me," then he fell down and a skunk sprayed him. He got up and said something about leaving Montana and never coming back, jumped into a car and drove off with the skunk heading off in the other direction. 

Incidentally, if you park your car next to a pedestrian NPC, get out, wait around for a bit it's likely they will go ahead and jump into the driver seat, and if they do, hop into a passenger seat and that NPC will take you on a tour of Hope County! NPC's are not bad drivers, can run road blocks competently; and you'll see a lot of things you'll never see otherwise without a real organized exploration.

And then there’s the Fire Cry Resistance Mod over at Nexus. Get that and it even adds a lot more fun to the game. For example, it respawns the convoys so you can use the airplanes and have continued strafing attacks against them in your game. You can also have Hurk Sr as a companion and he has some hilarious things to say!

• GhostAgent14
    187 posts

@steamchip @peterparker2022

I appreciated both of your comments quite a lot, as I just got to the endgame portion of FC5 as well. I have also been thoroughly enjoying FC5!! This one clicked with me from the very beginning. The setting, the cast of characters, the music, the mission structures...it's all so good!! I do have to say that I'm disappointed in the ending choices and started a separate thread about that. Besides that, I only have positive things to say about FC5. 🙂

• Edward49876
    4 posts

Rather than like, dropping you right into the party at the very beginning, they could have done some worldbuilding. You'd have a 30 minute skippable story tutorial where you sort of just drive around doing small-town policing stuff, tracking down someone's kid who ran off on horseback, dealing with a dangerous animal, traffic stops, and all the while you keep interacting with this cult that keeps growing and growing.
    So then they're ominous and scary when you chopper right into the center of their compound and all hell breaks loose.

Suggested Topics