ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello.
    Reporting a bug I have forgotten about until today when my buddy reminded me of it.
    But, since the launch of the game, when he joins my game, and we fast travel to anywhere, HE loses his mini-map AND map/Locations/etc, until we go to a new area, then it magically comes back for him.
    My mini-map (I always host) and map are unaffected. I have them all the time.
    But, since he drives/fly's most of the time, and he CANT see any markings on the map (quest items, locations, etc), AND his mini-map disappears, it is a pretty big issue, since he has no idea where we are going. If I place a waymarked on where we are going, he can see that on his map, but still with no mini-map at all he has to rely on me telling him to go north, or right, or left, until his mini-map comes back (and the ability to see things/locations/quest markers, etc on the regular map).
    Please dont ask for a screenshot, because he lives in a different state than I do, and I cant seem to post pic's on this forum anyway.
    And, its easy to reproduce:
    PC
    He joins my game.
    We start playing.
    Eventually we fast travel somewhere.
    He loses his mini-map (gone, nowhere to be seen on his monitor).
    He loses the ability to see any quest markings/locations on the regular map.
    We ride/fly where we are going.
    At some point, the game resets (probably a new area that needs to be loaded into memory), and BAM! He has his mini-map back on-screen and the ability to now see quest items/locations/etc on his regular map.

Thank you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3698 posts

Hi @dave3d07 I'm sorry to hear that your friend is experiencing issues with the mini map and map after fast travelling.

Thanks for the information you have provided, however, we would ask if your friend could reply on this thread themselves so we can request a video demonstrating the issue and so that we can also go through some troubleshooting with them and gather their account details.

Could you please ask them if they can reply to this thread.

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

I can ask, but he doesnt do video's, and has kids and a wife, and an over-full-time job, so I can say 100% that he wont do it, or even create an account here.
    I said that in my op.
    Sorry, just going to have to log it and see if it shows up anywhere during testing.

I do know that he has an i7-9900k, 32gb memory, 3080 video card, and a 21:9 widescreen monitor, but thats about all I know, besides he has finished the game and I have not finished 1 major land area/missions yet (but am close to finishing 1 land), and he connects to me (after I send him a message) via Uconnect friend invite, and I have my FC6 game set to invite only.

Thats about all the info you can expect.
    I will try to get him to send me a screenshot though, but he may not even do that.

• Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Yep, asked and he said NO.
    Sorry, what I have posted is all there is.

Suggested Topics