ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• echolecter
    Original poster 234 posts

For a moment I though they deleted a pinned thread in an attempt to 'solve' this ongoing issue. But it turns out they renamed and unpinned the thread. As for the new title, I decided to start this new one since crashes still occur after TU14 and making the game impossible to play. Most of the time I am (probably many others too) not able to complete a single activity without the game freezing and then lock desktop.

Still waiting for a solution (whatever it is) that actually works so players are able complete simple tasks without having to restart the game multiple times when wanting to play. But considering the amount of time this issues is present I don't expect it will happen any time soon.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CapStar362
    31 posts

no it is not!

I'm on a less than 2 day old fresh windows install and DX12 is STILL crashing repeatedly and consistently.

Specs:

Asus z270 MK1
    i7 7700k ( tested on OC and Factory ) OC @ 5.0
    64GB DDR4 3200 XMP
    2x 1080 Founders Editions ( Tested with SLi Enabled and Disabled ) even isolated a card by removing the SLi HB Bridge.
    Game is on a Samsung PM960 NVMe with IRST Enabled.

Display is a 1080p Resolution a Vizio 42" M420SV ( yes, i know its a TV, but one with a 3ms panel and works just fine )

• S3lll
    4 posts

@capstar362 thanks for the info. Just to be clear, did you clear both caches and verified game files before you played?

Performance & Stability
    Fixed an issue where the game will crash on a regular basis when DirectX 12 is enabled on PC.

It sounds too good to be true tbh.

• CapStar362
    31 posts

@s3lll yup, brand new windows install, new patch, verified files. DX12 still crashes

• Slick8791
    3 posts

Nope, I'd say it's now worse since I haven't had a problem until today's patch was installed. I can't even run the benchmark test more than twice without it freezing up.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

Still crashes, but in a different style...
    Instead of being suspended, now it goes to a smaller window and not responding state.

• Slick8791
    3 posts

@adrian-11

Agree, that is exactly what started happening on my end after today's patch.

• Rich_N
    1 posts

Also started happening to me today following the patch. I guess they've messed up somewhere.

• KetoRay
    2 posts

@adrian-11 Exactly what's happening to my game now since the update. I came home and the game was updated, after 2 times both with DX11 and 12 it freezes up in a smaller window and then doesn't respond. With both the news that the release of the new gear system is postponed and these new bugs I'm almost so far to switch to another game.

• eilegz
    4 posts

Still crashing here, but not the usual crash to desktop like before, now it freeze and you have to force close it.... so its worse than before.... back to Direct X 11 sigh

• Nekhebu
    44 posts

@adrian-11 Just had exactly the same. Logged into the game thinking I'd check what's new. Ran out into the rain and two minutes in the game went into windowed mode and just froze. It's definitely an improvement though because previously it would lock my PC so hard that the only way to reset it would to hold the power button down until the PC shuts down.

Edit: tried again and same thing - 2-3 minutes in just crashed to desktop. Verified all game files and cleared DirectX cache prior to that.

My system specs in case it's relevant: MSI GeForce 3090 GAMING X TRIO, AMD 5950X, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER.

• Kanaima
    13 posts

I've begun consistently crashing within 20 or so minutes in both DX11 and 12 since this most recent patch.

• CamoGeko
    1 posts

Yeah same here!

Weirdly it was actually working fine for me on DX12 before TU14.

Now on DX12 it crashes after 10-20 mins into playtime. I've had to switch to the stuttery DX11, also expecting it to crash tbh...

SPEC:
    5600X
    16GB RAM
    6600XT

• Morganatic_Kaos
    3 posts

Still having the same problem. It hasn't gotten any better, but neither has it gotten worse. The game continues to freeze completely unpredictably under DX12. These excuses to start the game in admin mode, install the latest drivers and check the game files are a guideline that has done absolutely nothing for over a year. Those 100 people who still play the game already know what they say if nothing has improved because they have been looking for a solution to the developers failure for over a year.

• Frenhines
    2 posts

Yup, game totally freezes now. So nope, it is not fixed... For me it's worse then before.

• Imagine_Brata
    418 posts

The only times my computer crashes is when the cpu. gets too hot (maybe once a week). And my gaming laptop is running 7/24. And I play on average! "Division 2" 3-4 hours a day and on weekends 6-8 hours a day with dx12. And I have no rgb lighting. because most rgb light software are known to crash Division dx12.

• CapStar362
    31 posts

id like to see why DX11 is crashing even more now.......... typical patches as always - fix one thing, break 5 more. re-break previously fixed/patched items.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear that you are all continuing to experience crashing issues when using DX12. I have gone ahead and reported this to the Development team.

It was reported as resolved but I have informed them that you are still experiencing this issue. Once there is an update, we will reach back out.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • RAGE_THERAPY
    76 posts

Simply re-posting in this new thread since @Ubi-Lucipus or perhaps @UbiBlush the Ubisoft Community Managers renamed the original thread two weeks after TU14 was released. Thanks to @echolecter for creating this new thread.

I continue to experience multiple crashes to desktop with most instances requiring the windows task manager app to terminate the game. No longer getting a suspended app (pre-TU14), now the game is simply frozen.... the devs haven't taken the time to complete a proper QA on their fixes. I game on three different systems, so a variety of component brands etc... and my fellow clanmates are finding it crashes MORE now.

If Massive Entertainment needs some ACTUAL end-users to actually test their proposed new game builds, frankly they could pick hundreds of users from this forum and the original thread regarding the crashes to desktop with 700+ posts in that thread alone.

Massive Entertainment may have over 750 developers, but they don't seem to be allocating resources to The Division 2, the Snowdrop Engine they created, Ubisoft Connect or the servers to resolve issues that have existed since the game launched and only worsened in the last 12 months.

#sigh

• Nomad_Star
    2 posts

Re: [Crash to Desktop Issues on PC - Pre Title Update 14](/topic/99672/crash-to-desktop-issues-on-pc-pre-title-update-14)

The game always crashes when you have these 2 cicero data files. You have to keep redoing the folder or always keeping the newest one, deleting the old one

JFMAMJJASONDEBS_F22054E6-70AD-4027-8ACC18F2E2F53203.data
    F13AF10F-9118-4E1B-95AAD8ABE0F07CFF_cicerodata

"%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2"

undefined

Suggested Topics