ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WrecK3rr
    192 posts

@boothen

They would never confirm a fix. They haven't so far at least.
    I have been on this game since launch and on forums even before that.
    Haven't seen a single confirmation of a fix coming ever.
    You may see acknowledgments related to this issue every now and then though.

But that's about it. Hope they prove me wrong.

• dpfox86
    1 posts

I quit for years because of the crashing issue, but I recently managed to get a new GPU and wanted to see how it would work with this game because I remember it being very demanding on my 970. Still crashing. Years later, totally different system (previous intel/nvidia, current amd), still crashing. Crashes the same way it did before, too. I'm thinking whatever bit of code that is causing the crash is integral to the game engine on a game that's not making them any money, so Ubi doesn't see any reason to fix it. My worst fear is they pull a Bethesda and use the same engine for their next iteration and somehow make it even buggier than before.

• echolecter
    Original poster 223 posts

I think it is safe to say that after the latest update this game is broken beyond repair, if it wasn't already. You can see it everywhere, freezing, unresponsive NPCs, delay in updates when completing missions or activities, pick up loot, sounds, etc. Today there were some friendlies having a fight and few of them where shooting invisible weapons (or attached to back) into the ground or against their own cover. Hostiles are just standing there, you can get really close without reaction but as soon you place your crosshairs on them they jump in action, and (if to close?) teleport into cover or just somewhere else. Not to mention the ones that are invisible and can only be traced by where bullets are coming from.

But worst of all, play an activity and then you see 'pick up key' or 'talk to'... move one step and the game freezes. What is point of doing any when there is no way to complete them and get some XP for it. Having to restart the game frequently is bad enough. Besides all this I also noticed that more and more (flat) weapon crates (in DC) are replaced by (higher) ones that contain gear, why? Are we not allowed to pick up any weapons, they're 95% purples anyway and useless. Found new one today and seen several being converted in the past.

Personally am just speecheless how anyone could think that current state of the game or any of the updates are acceptable.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    72 posts

@echolecter I have to agree with you and I'm also disappointed that after all the talk about being excited to engage with the community again with the release of TU15.... Yannick and the team continue to not even publicly acknowledge this PC game-breaking issue. Yes, they acknowledge the broader Delta issues, but NOT this PC only in-game freeze/crash issue. I've attempted to direct message him on Twitter a few times, but no response. I have a lot of respect for what he and the smaller development team continue to be passionate about, but sometimes feel they talk the talk and not walk the walk.

And the Ubisoft support team pretty much leaves this pinned forum thread alone, given that there are no updates they can pass along - as it has been for a year now. It seems that the PC users are simply being left behind in terms of the stability of the game application. With Xbox and Sony honestly, they wouldn't have a choice but to tackle a game-breaking freeze/crash issue or the game would be removed.... but PC is stand-alone and on their side only.

As we all say, such a great game that continues to be hampered by stability issues on PC with no resolution in sight.

#sigh

#Division2CrashFest

• HaywardGG
    95 posts

Can confirm, still crashes for me. Even after the recent update.

Also crashes for my friends, one friend said it crashed every 15-30 minutes the other day.

Some evenings I don't get one crash, other evenings it will crashed 2 or more times within half hour.

Someone asked about this issue during their live podcast and the two speakers just brushed it off with vague words.

If they would just acknowledge it and not keep pretending it's our rigs .. I'd probably respect them again.

Good luck everyone , this issue has been going on for years. I don't see it getting fixed any time soon 😞

• Saqiw
    18 posts

@boothen fix is coming mate, around 2030

• Temido02
    1 posts

the game is crashing for me also

• FearMyCrits
    2 posts

Just came back to the game after a year off and was looking forward to the new content but damn the crashing is bad. I play 10 mins and crash or I play for 2 hours then crash. Its so random that I've given up running any mission because of the random crashes. How can you hype content and draw players back if you can't fix an issue that's persisted this long? I guess I'll go play something else and wait another year to see if its finally addressed and fixed. Shame.

• HaywardGG
    95 posts

@fearmycrits Your complaints will fall on deaf ears.

I've lost all faith in Ubisoft and from what I'm hearing in the Division2 community on Twitch, so has everyone else.

• FearMyCrits
    2 posts

So I found a fix that worked for me after some digging. For me the issue is the EasyAntiCheat program that launches with the game.

After starting the game and get to character select, open Task Manager and look for EasyAntiCheat then click Go To Details. Click on EasyAntiCheat and change the affinity of EasyAntiCheat to Cpu 1 only. You have to do this everytime you open the game but it fixed all my crash issues, was able to run the game for 6 hours without a crash where as before I couldn't run for an hour with crashes and freezes.

Might not fix it for everyone but worth a try

• Artemis-37
    7 posts

@adrian-11 Mine does this, it has for years both in Division 1 and 2 only, it switches to windows then freeze looking like windows background picture of my character in action.., I have to end the process in the task manager.

Some years ago it used to switch to windows on it's own and I could continue playing, then this started happening. I have re-installed and even have an upgraded PC since I came back to do Season 9 and still same problem.

The only reason I can keep playing is it only does it once (though it has done twice sometimes), then after it does I can go back in and it will be ok until the next day that I switch on the PC and start.

• WimpMiester
    14 posts

Before TU14 If I had a crash, it was because I changed graphic settings in game. Since then, it's totally random. Can play for days, get one crash and play for hours after. Some days if it would crash 3 times, I know it won't run so I don't play that day. I used DX11 because DX12 has never worked and would crash in minutes. After TU15, I got two crashes in about an hour of play, so I decided to try DX12 again. Game ran great for two days with only 1 delta3 error. So I applied NVIDIA recommended settings (ultra) and it crashed several times. So I compared my previous setting to these and found that Extra Stream Distance was set to 10 and I left that at 0 before. Only setting I never changed. So I set it to 0 and no more crashes. I played with it and found I can go to 3 without crashes. My HDD setup is RAID1 so my disk performance isn't the greatest and this game seems to pull streamed data real time as you move. So I would say my crashing is caused by to much disk usage. What has also been necessary from day 1 is running EAC at Below Normal Priority and leaving the game at Normal Priority. So I've been crash free so far on DX12.

• Artemis-37
    7 posts

@wimpmiester the problem was not that it switches the game to window screen and freeze or just straight to desktop crash?

Mine just did it now in the main screen, the game started in windows mode (which it does allot) and this time I clicked settings to make it full screen and it freezed up, most likely it won't happen again until I turn on the pc again tomorrow.

• F0rty7even
    2 posts

Same issue. game goes from full screen to windowed mode and freezes. have to use task manager to kill it. The issue isn't consistent, and is not tied to any event/action taken in the game. It crashed with me while doing almost any activity from free roaming, being in a mission or even opening the menu. It's so sad that such a nice game is ruined by this.

• BenchAndGames
    5 posts

The crash issue is still happening to me, I could play few days without any crash, now again I just had the same crash as always, (game freeze and goes to window mode and have to kill process from task manager)

Everytime I have a crash, its the same crash, freeze+switch to window mode

• Brushy21_HUN
    1 posts

I had enough! I can't play the game in this state! I can't finish a mission, a bounty! I did everything that the guide says, clear the cache folder, reinstall, etc nothing works! This is outrageous! Fix the damn game as soon as possible!

Suggested Topics