ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2502 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for your reports, I'm sorry to hear you're still having performance and crashing issues following TU14.

This is something the team have already been made aware of and investigations are continuing to have this addressed.

We don't have anything more to share at the moment, but shall use this thread for tracking issues with TU14 going forward and will share updates here if available.

In the meantime, we'd appreciate if players could please create cases and send over their system files for us to pass onto the team.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Official Response
  • Smeu_Calin
    3 posts

I've been off Division2 for like 8 months or so, and it was because the game was constantly crashing. This game has always been a game of luck with crashes since the day it was released, and the dev team has been a disaster at fixing it. Every fix they did fixed one thing and broke 3. So i decided to take some time off, hoping that maybe, just maybe they might actually fix this mess. Now, many months after i return. Decided to do a new character. Game crashed during character creation. Started again - game crashed during the intro to DC video. Started again - game crashed during the white house shooting at the beginning of the game - with tones of stuttering. Almost a year ago the mess was crashing every hour or so, but now - my god this is a disaster. I really wanna play this game, and i really really wanna like it, but incompetence behind it just wont let me... And if you find my message insulting than maybe you should also find my money insulting since i payed for the expack and ALL the Season passes. For so much money spent the only reward i get is frustration, no actual game time and for 3 years a tone of serious and utterly disappointing incompetence.

Edit - tried a 4th time to play it - cause you know - i have this old fashion idea apparently alien to the devs of getting value out of my money - game crashed like 20 min into the game before i reached the Theater Settlement. This is just an insult to the player at this point.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3702 posts

Hi @smeu_calin and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing crashes in The Division 2 after taken sometime off from the game.

Can you go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and much more.

Please confirm if these steps help to resolve the issue.

Official Response
  • Smeu_Calin
    3 posts

@ubi-keo I looked over the troubleshoot and i'll probably try to reinstall at this point and see if that works. The other ones are not a problem. My system is an i5 7400, 16gb ram, gforce rtx 2070 with 16gb vram, win11 64bit and my drivers are up to date. So system or driver problems i shouldn't have. Also i played the game for hundreds of hours before my pause, and while it had it's many crashes, i never experienced 4 frekin crashes in 30 min.

• Ubi-Keo

@smeu_calin Thanks for your reply.

I would still recommend going through the PC troubleshooting steps before you decide to reinstall the game to see if it helps.

However, if those steps or reinstalling the game does not resolve the issue then please let us know and we can create a support case for you to investigate further.

Official Response
  • TK105
    63 posts

@ubi-keo Support teams. Learn that such rudimentary steps will not solve this problem anymore.
    Please understand the current situation that such a template answer does not solve at all.
    It's a fatal problem that has been going on for over two years now.
    There are continuous reports from past forums to current forums, and it is also a problem that development that should be done has not turned into action at all.

There is no problem in the user's PC terminal.
    Hundreds of players around the world, regardless of country, are having almost the same trouble. It is clear that the problem should be fixed on the UBI / Massive side when the same error trouble occurs in hundreds of users all over the world instead of a small number of players. Admit it.
    Obviously it's a fatal design mistake in the game client data.
    UBI should directly instruct the development team / engineer of Division 2 to take prompt action such as checking the design of client data and performing multi-step debugging. 

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @tk105 I'm afraid that we must always go through basic PC troubleshooting first as this can sometimes help to resolve a players issue.

However, if the issue persists we would then create a support case and investigate further by gathering a players system files and try further troubleshooting.

If all troubleshooting is exhausted and no issues can be identified then the issue will either be escalated or we will gather as much information as we can and report it to the development team so that they can investigate.

Official Response
  • Smeu_Calin
    3 posts

@ubi-keo I seems reinstalling helped with the crashes. The stuttering is still there but meh. Thanks at least for the answer. The communication team of this game is way better than the dev team at this point.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    74 posts

@ubi-keo with almost 800 forum posts in the Crash to Desktop Issues on PC - Pre Title Update 14 let's just honestly call it what it is... a game-breaking issue from either the server or application side that remains unaddressed by the Development Team at Massive Entertainment as we approach 3 years from release this coming March 2022.

As I approach almost 5000 hours of gameplay across multiple PCs, they all experience in-game freezes or crashes to desktop... this simply is not a PC user side issue from a broad perspective. Sure, there are instances where the "typical" troubleshooting recommendations prove worthwhile - but that is not where we are now. There have been enough uploads of user DXconfig files, etc... to the point that your fellow support people have even said they have enough.

The Division 2 is an incredible game when it works, but frankly, it is a crash fest on a daily basis for those of us that play and support the franchise developed by Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft. I play with multiple Agents daily and EVERYONE experiences freezes crashes to desktop or the suspended app issue. Reinstalling the game and following the support suggestions at this point are all placebo fixes that simply do not address the core issue which remains on the developer side - not the user.

I can play hours upon hours of The Division 1 without a single crash, but I can crash multiple times in a session on The Division 2. And as many users say.... no other game I play on a regular basis crashes to desktop like The Divison 2. Not one, this game is in a class by itself and apparently, 750+ developers at Massive Entertainment can't somehow address whatever the core issue is or dedicate the proper resources to do so. #Division2CrashFest

Adding the Community Managers to the conversation, in the hopes their efforts to support the community may help... but here we are once again repeating the same commentary as we have for years at this point.... @UbiBlush @Ubi-Lucipus

• COL_Norris
    2 posts

@rage_therapy Completely agree with the post by @rage_therapy and can echo that I play with the same team of players and all of them who have Windows 10 installed spontaneously crash to the desktop nightly during missions. The only one who does not crash is running Windows 7. When each of us crashes we all see the same message when we go into task manager to end the Division 2 task: "suspended". Some evenings no one crashes and others it is a continuous crash fest. We also still play Division 1 and that does not crash for any of us.This is not a user issue, this appears to be a server-side issue.

Regards, Norris

• eilegz
    4 posts

@ubi-viral

Any update on this, now its freezing even on DX11 which it something that didnt happen before

• bron3k_pws
    1 posts

Team, any update on this? The game is constantly crashing.

• Raspiestlime
    2 posts

@col_norris I think it's largely due to some client issue for PC users.

I have played this on stadia with zero connection issues/crashes and yet i have noticed the PC players in my groups randomly disconnecting.

i just recently got the game for PC and i am experiencing this crashing too.

stadia/pc are both crossplay & cross save but the issues only seem to be with PC users.

• rest030
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rest030
    5 posts

Same symptoms, client crashes periodically.
    specs
    i5 10400f
    gtx1660s
    32gm ram

• Jesus_XM
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Kamikraze
    2 posts

Division 2 locks up on me in both dx11 and dx12 then it has to be killed in task manager. Even if you close the game before it crashes it shows that it's still running in the game launcher until you kill the easy anticheat then the launcher will show it as closed. RIP so sick of it.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know you are still experiencing crashes in the game, post Title Update 14. 

I am sorry that title update 14 did not resolve this frequent crashing issue for you. We have re-opened our investigation into this and the Division team are aware, and researching this issue again.

To exclude any other possible causes, we have been asked to recommend the following FAQ regarding general troubleshooting > https://support.ubisoft.com/Faqs/000025947

When we know more from our Division QA team, we will do our best to update you in this forum.

Thank you all for the patience you have shown us so far and I am very sorry we were unable to fix this, with the last patch to the game.

Official Response
  • knausis
    18 posts

I have had a few crashes, especially if OBS is running. But never like this what is going on lately.
    Game doesnt crash, it just hangs, and stays there. Event Report shows "Application hang". And i have been kicked out of the group when i re-launch the game, that almost never happened before.
    And after forced closing, Ubisoft launcher didnt do anything - no crash report window, or any syncing that it does after game gets closed one way or another.
    Also i saw "Group Server Unavailable" after re-launching the game.
    At this point i am wondering, if its game issue, or server (routing issue) that makes the game hang. Because lately many games have issues with ping and packet loss.

Suggested Topics