ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• HaywardGG
    93 posts

@nihil31 Exactly, I remember being able to play this game non-stop for several hours at a time without a single crash. But since that update it's been like playing Crash Simulator Roulette!

• AgentMikel
    180 posts

Today I had reinstalled the game and running the game's EXE file as an Administrator is working for me without crashing and lagging... But don't know for how long! Thanks @DazzaTF for the idea!

• RAGE_THERAPY
    68 posts

01-23 and I've now had three days of multi-hour sessions with zero crashes to desktop since the Friday emergency 01-21-22 server maintenance. This is between two different desktop PCs with NVIDIA and AMD hardware, that previously would experience multiple crash to desktop issues hourly. No windows updates have been applied, nor anything to the base application in terms of admin rights, disabling fullscreen optimizations, CPU affinity cores, etc... just the stock install.

For me this is beginning to confirm my assumptions all along, it is server-side application issues that appear to be the root cause of many user issues. For the most part, not user-side PC configuration issues or NVIDIA/AMD drivers.

I'll continue to update throughout the forthcoming week. Here's hoping there is no maintenance on Tuesday that breaks the trend.

• MeS.187
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MeS.187
    5 posts

@rage_therapy
    Hmm sounds good but I cant be arsed to reinstall, wanting to play and then crash again after 30min. If it really gonna works for you and others longer now then Im gonna try again

• RAGE_THERAPY
    68 posts

@mes-187 I hear you, here's hoping more Agents are seeing a difference and this just isn't a one-off in my situation.

• AgentMikel
    180 posts
    Today I had reinstalled the game and running the game's EXE file as an Administrator is working for me without crashing and lagging... But don't know for how long! Thanks @DazzaTF for the idea!

And today, the game crashed... This game is a MASSIVE failure!

• Gasol_gbg
    2 posts

Today it went from crashing a couple times a week to several crashes an hour.
    Suddenly the game is unplayable

• apsingh1
    42 posts

Yes. Their crashes start happening after the maintenance. Very very very frustrating.

• AstroFarway
    2 posts

Having the same problem. game freezes after 10-30 min and I have to use task manager to kill it, DX11 stutters way to much and is not enjoyable, DX12 crashes more often after the TU 14. Sometimes the game runs without crashing for hours after restarting it, it's hit or miss each time I launch the game.

• SinNombre675
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RAGE_THERAPY
    68 posts

01-27 update. Since Tuesday the two PC systems that had NOT been crashing to desktop after the 01-21 server maintenance began to once again. Nothing had changed in terms of drivers or updates - so once again we are back to the crash-free gaming lottery with The Division 2. Note, this is even without server maintenance on that day or a new event launching - so no application updates, etc...

Ultimately, I stand by experience the past few years indicating this is ALL on the core game application and/or server-side. How can someone have multiple days of 6-8 hour sessions crash-free and then suddenly back to hourly?

Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft have "appreciated" our patience for almost 3 years now since game release, but as many fellow Agents have expressed - this is simply unacceptable for a paid live service game.

#sigh

#Division2Crashfest

• echolecter
    Original poster 214 posts

@rage_therapy I was little hopeful after seeing your comments about not having any crashes. So re-installed the game and had 3-4 hours without any problems on different days and sessions. Yesterday it did eventually freeze for no reason and my next step was to uninstall again. Not coming back into this game until I see some comments from UbiSoft staff that they finally found the root cause. Which most likely will never happen since they don't update any threads with information about fixes anyway.

This game, or its engine has major issues at the core and most likely the people that know anything about it have either left the company, moved to other positions or just aren't assigned to fixing it. UbiSoft products suffer greatly from mismanagement and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they go bankrupt at some point in the future because customers are simply fed up. Or they are being sued for selling broken products, either at day one or because of change made at later stage.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Thanks for taking the time to share this @z4mb3r11, appreciate it!

Hopefully other players are able to confirm if any of these suggestions help as it'd be very handy for us to keep track of!

Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    859 posts

While this is a nice sum up, there is nothing really new here. These steps will improve game stability and performance (especially if you didn't update your drivers in a long time, you need to delete the game folder in Documents/My Games).
    BUT, the crashes will not go away... As many pointed out, the problem is more frequent when the servers are under load (i.e. more players on it) and/or the communication between server and client is more intense (i.e. GEs). That is something we can't solve with Windows or drivers tweaks.
    There is an issue on how the PC client communicates with the servers, and how the client deals with communication errors. The latest update attempted a fix, only to change the crash from "suspended" to " not responding" status...

• Boothen
    8 posts

@echolecter They won't come back with any comment saying they've identified the cause, because they aren't even looking into it. They're just constantly posting the same tired old cut 'n' paste replies in order to make it look they're doing something. I've had this problem for well over a year and half now, and in that time nothing has changed.

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

@z4mb3r11 I did this, and it did not help at all

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

This game is doomed and horrible look all the stuff you have to do just to get it to work and when you do the game still don't work the way it should

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

@thyskillz daam same issue i have and there's no fix to it I've tried everything, i have been having issues since the game came out

• dgibbs0911
    2 posts

None of this helped me either, game is unplayable, constantly crashes on both DX 11 and 12. It will freeze, go to windowed mode, then I have to force close it with the task manager every 5-20 minutes of gameplay, sometimes less. Can't get a single mission done because it is so frequent. I came back to the game after a long break and seeing that this issue has been widespread for nearly 2 months now with ZERO official response or updates from the dev team is both hilarious and saddening. Really wanted to come back to the game I paid for and enjoy, only to not be able to play it at all. What a scam, this AAA title crashes more than an indie game in early access and the devs don't give a flying crap. Those of you who are also experiencing this, Ubisoft has effectively stolen your money from you. GG devs.

Suggested Topics