ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• echolecter
    Original poster 369 posts

For a moment I though they deleted a pinned thread in an attempt to 'solve' this ongoing issue. But it turns out they renamed and unpinned the thread. As for the new title, I decided to start this new one since crashes still occur after TU14 and making the game impossible to play. Most of the time I am (probably many others too) not able to complete a single activity without the game freezing and then lock desktop.

Still waiting for a solution (whatever it is) that actually works so players are able complete simple tasks without having to restart the game multiple times when wanting to play. But considering the amount of time this issues is present I don't expect it will happen any time soon.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TonyZoe27
    1 posts

Game been running O K till now having to do hard reset when it freezes pc

• Jimmy_DA
    50 posts

@tonyzoe27 Ensure "Task Manager" is set to 'always on top', then should be able to force close the app without having to hard restart your computer. Option to do this is under "options" in TaskManager

• Erakey.TwitchTV
    13 posts

Greetings....
    I really like you guys and like to play division and im a loyal customer (Never broke TOS or illegally used any of your products in any way) always supported you but the division is becoming addictive but unplayable 😞
    the game crashes on DX12 sometimes causes PC to freeze and sometimes its crashing my AMD software and drivers (my motherboard died playing this game im starting to suspect its because of it 🐶 )
    but on DX11 works without crashes the issue is the low fps and the lags
    So kindly please find a solution for this so i can play this game
    (I tried all possible fixes and tweaking to no avail P.S im a highly skilled IT expert)

• Imagine_Brata
    883 posts
  • Erakey.TwitchTV
    13 posts

@imagine_brata
    Thanks but i literally put at the end in between (I tried all possible fixes and tweaking to no avail P.S im a highly skilled IT expert)

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

@erakey-twitchtv Please could you list off all the things you have already tried so anyone reading this knows what else you can try?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard

Hey @TonyZoe27

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with this. 

Please can you go through the steps in this article here first of all, to rule out any of the most common causes.

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025947/Basic-PC-Troubleshooting

If you still have issues after this, we would need to look into your system files (DX Diag and MSINFO) to get a better look at what could be the cause.

To send us the files, please reach out via support ticket / live chat or social media private message on the links below:

Tickets & Live Chat:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Cases/New/

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupportUK/?brand_redir=348896167463

You can also follow the suggestion from @Jimmy_DA to use task manager to close the game instead of hard resetting the PC.

Official Response
  • BattleMaster23
    31 posts

@tonyzoe27 Man I have been getting this freeze issue in DX12 since the game was released, it has never been fixed. Got another one this morning while in the middle of a mission. It is just so annoying. The game is very addictive, but it happens every time I try and play now. It is getting so tedious that I may have to play something else until it's fixed. I just wish this wasn't my favourite game so I didn't have to keep playing lol

I have tried all possible fixes, but it's not the player's PC that is at fault here, it is either Ubisoft Connect app, the EasyAntiCheat or a memory leak within the game. The state of games these days should be better, especially since we pay much more money for them than we used to. Hopefully I can get addicted to a game that doesn't crash constantly 🙂

• Erakey.TwitchTV
    13 posts

@ubi-froggard
    hahahaha finally after weeks i figured it out it was the Resizable bar option in bios 🐕

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@erakey-twitchtv

So, does it have to be on, off... or what?

• Jimmy_DA
    50 posts
    @tonyzoe27 Man I have been getting this freeze issue in DX12 since the game was released, it has never been fixed. Got another one this morning while in the middle of a mission. It is just so annoying. The game is very addictive, but it happens every time I try and play now. It is getting so tedious that I may have to play something else until it's fixed. I just wish this wasn't my favourite game so I didn't have to keep playing lol

I have tried all possible fixes, but it's not the player's PC that is at fault here, it is either Ubisoft Connect app, the EasyAntiCheat or a memory leak within the game. The state of games these days should be better, especially since we pay much more money for them than we used to. Hopefully I can get addicted to a game that doesn't crash constantly 🙂

I've been running through a support case and last suggestion was to run with the in-game DirectX 12 option disabled. Been able to at least play without it crashing (so far - I'm hesitant to this). Within the first few minutes of gameplay, it'll seem to drop and chug at I'd say sub 20 frames per second. But this only last for a couple of seconds then after woods the game has been playable. Only downside to not running with the DirectX 12 API I have noticed a performance drop, not too bad but noticeable from running with DirectX 12 enabled, therefore the issue is either poor development or extremely poor quality control.

• Jimmy_DA
    50 posts
    @ubi-froggard
    hahahaha finally after weeks I figured it out it was the Resizable bar option in bios 🐕

Is this with Resizable bar enabled in general with the Division 2 or only specific to running the Division 2 with DirectX 12 enabled in the games video options? I'd be interested to know why enabling Resizeable bar would be causing a direct affect on the Division 2 as nothing else i play / utilise on my PC has an issue like the Division 2 does?

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 710 posts

@Erakey-TwitchTV I'm glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved! Thanks for letting all of us know. If possible, would you share what you did to figure out that it was that particular issue in your BIOS?

Official Response
  • Erakey.TwitchTV
    13 posts

@ubistorm
    Because i tried literally everything! literally! formatting PC reinstalling game reinstalling Microsoft redistributable 's C++ disabling all background unused programs or useless ones
    down clocking GPU down clocking CPU ! also running at stock
    changed motherboard after it died for no reason and reformatted again
    Installing AMD minimal drivers (no software just drivers stable version)
    Disabling all features in AMD software (Enhanced sync-adaptive sync- game boost) helped wit DX11 FPS and crashing
    Finally i decided to disable SMA (Smart memory access) from AMD software and went to bios and disabled Resizable bar and 4G Decoding and tada!!!
    Now (Enhanced sync-adaptive sync- game boost) are enabled All PC components are overclocked and the game is smooth than ever! hitting +200 fps on my non gaming PC in close quarter areas LOL

• Erakey.TwitchTV
    13 posts

@adrian-11 Yes OFF u can do it from AMD Software Performance > Tuning > overclocking > Smart Access Memory = OFF then disable it from BIOS (is better)
    if u disable it from bios without disabling it from AMD software your PC will crash 1 time after restart at windows login

• Erakey.TwitchTV
    13 posts

Current PC specs btw
    This solution might not work for everyone since threadripper is from another world its just weird 👁
    MB: Aorus Pro Wifi TRX40
    CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970x
    RAM: 128gb 3200mhz
    GPU: MSI RX6700xt
    👩‍🔧 👩‍🔧

• Ubi-Froggard

@erakey-twitchtv Glad you managed to find what was causing it and thanks for sharing everything you tried that lead up to this. Hopefully it comes in useful for anyone else but if anyone else reading this does still have an issue, please feel free to also post on the thread what you have tried.

Official Response
  • Adrian-11
    897 posts

@ubi-froggard

You know, I hope, this is not the real solution to the problem.
    Resizable BAR is a feature that works in many games to improve performance. At the minimum TD2 should not crash when it's enabled.
    Same goes for the graphical issues with the latest series of Nvidia driver, issue raised months ago. Going back to old drivers is not the real solution.
    This is just a sign that TD2 hasn't been patched in almost a year...

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

Suggested Topics