ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• echolecter
    Original poster 271 posts

For a moment I though they deleted a pinned thread in an attempt to 'solve' this ongoing issue. But it turns out they renamed and unpinned the thread. As for the new title, I decided to start this new one since crashes still occur after TU14 and making the game impossible to play. Most of the time I am (probably many others too) not able to complete a single activity without the game freezing and then lock desktop.

Still waiting for a solution (whatever it is) that actually works so players are able complete simple tasks without having to restart the game multiple times when wanting to play. But considering the amount of time this issues is present I don't expect it will happen any time soon.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

Its NEVER going to be fixed, is it??

• Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

And It happened again! Congrats Ubi! You win.

• BattleMaster23
    28 posts

@brewz I know this is insanely frustrating, but I found a workaround to this problem. The game still freezes, but if it does, hit reset on your PC. When the game freezes, the simulation of the enemy and your character are still running in the background and the AI can still kill you. If you hit reset as soon as it freezes, this prevents that. Make sure to verify your Division 2 files after doing this, as resetting your PC during gaming has a chance of causing file corruption. Wish you luck friend.

• Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

@battlemaster23 Thx for suggestion. Will try it if I start to play again. Right now on hiatus. My feeling is that this stuttering/freezing is happening, because Ubisoft put a bunch of Div2 servers on other titles, like FarCry. So I don't actually see the situation becoming better until about half of the players stop playing Div2.

• Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

@battlemaster23 A friend, El3gantSt0rm is still playing hard core, so I mentioned your idea. He tried it out when it froze and he says, it all went well. He was in a fight when it froze. He pressed his button. For him, this puts his PC to sleep. I told him I wasn't sure if that would work then, but he said, after he woke it back up, he had to start Div2 again and it took him to the spot of the battle, but all of the bad guys were dead, but he was ok AND the dropped loot was there! So I think this is a WIN! Thanks!

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1106 posts

Hello everyone! My sincerest apologies that your Hard Core character has been killed due to the Division 2 crashing and freezing. Our teams are currently investigating the crashing issues and are working towards a solution for this. I do deeply apologize that you have lost your hardcore character due to this. However, I appreciate your patience as our teams investigate this.

Official Response
  • TAP_RN
    1 posts

The game randomly crashes during gameplay:

The Error Log shows:

Fault bucket 1554372882840301838, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: TheDivision2.exe
    P2: 1.0.0.0
    P3: 605991a7
    P4: TheDivision2.exe
    P5: 1.0.0.0
    P6: 605991a7
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 000000000035f3c4
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.79f98550-bcc3-44c2-859f-7dd0ba9085e7.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_TheDivision2.exe_e2f152bfa3aff29042799d4a9ac1dcb071cb6135_bb4e26d7_eef2b8be-63a0-44b1-9fae-01b617d75c4f

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: e7e20284-b3d5-4916-ac83-00f02dba84f5
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 0d1c4ad134c8bdfc65923de6ca32310e

Data in 'Attached Files':

<WERReportMetadata>
    <OSVersionInformation>
    <WindowsNTVersion>10.0</WindowsNTVersion>
    <Build>22000</Build>
    <Product>(0x30): Windows 10 Pro</Product>
    <Edition>Professional</Edition>
    <BuildString>22000.282.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628</BuildString>
    <Revision>282</Revision>
    <Flavor>Multiprocessor Free</Flavor>
    <Architecture>X64</Architecture>
    <LCID>2057</LCID>
    <BuildLayers>
    <BuildLayer LayerName="DesktopEditions" OsMajorVersion="10" OsMinorVersion="0" BuildNumber="22000" QfeNumber="282" IsTopLevel="1" IsChecked="0" BuildStamp="210604-1628" BuildBranch="co_release" BuildArch="amd64" BuildLab="22000.co_release.210604-1628" BuildLabEx="22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628"/>
    <BuildLayer LayerName="OnecoreUAP" OsMajorVersion="10" OsMinorVersion="0" BuildNumber="22000" QfeNumber="1" IsTopLevel="0" IsChecked="0" BuildStamp="210604-1628" BuildBranch="co_release" BuildArch="amd64" BuildLab="22000.co_release.210604-1628" BuildLabEx="22000.1.amd64fre.co_release.210604-1628"/>
    <BuildLayer LayerName="ShellCommon" OsMajorVersion="10" OsMinorVersion="0" BuildNumber="22000" QfeNumber="282" IsTopLevel="0" IsChecked="0" BuildStamp="211006-1742" BuildBranch="co_release_svc_prod2" BuildArch="amd64" BuildLab="22000.co_release_svc_prod2.211006-1742" BuildLabEx="22000.282.amd64fre.co_release_svc_prod2.211006-1742"/>
    </BuildLayers>
    </OSVersionInformation>
    <ProblemSignatures>
    <EventType>APPCRASH</EventType>
    <Parameter0>TheDivision2.exe</Parameter0>
    <Parameter1>1.0.0.0</Parameter1>
    <Parameter2>605991a7</Parameter2>
    <Parameter3>TheDivision2.exe</Parameter3>
    <Parameter4>1.0.0.0</Parameter4>
    <Parameter5>605991a7</Parameter5>
    <Parameter6>c0000005</Parameter6>
    <Parameter7>000000000035f3c4</Parameter7>
    </ProblemSignatures>
    <DynamicSignatures>
    <Parameter1>10.0.22000.2.0.0.256.48</Parameter1>
    <Parameter2>2057</Parameter2>
    <Parameter22>cd10</Parameter22>
    <Parameter23>cd1056cbfc09d6163f51c41de0d0eef5</Parameter23>
    <Parameter24>ad6b</Parameter24>
    <Parameter25>ad6b42fc925139df464fa443ed2449f3</Parameter25>
    </DynamicSignatures>
    <SystemInformation>
    <MID>9E703A54-402A-4406-8095-140CB1654AC1</MID>
    <SystemManufacturer>ASUS</SystemManufacturer>
    <SystemProductName>System Product Name</SystemProductName>
    <BIOSVersion>1903</BIOSVersion>
    <OSInstallDate>1633694458</OSInstallDate>
    <OSInstallTime>1601-01-02T21:24:51Z</OSInstallTime>
    <TimeZoneBias>00:00</TimeZoneBias>
    </SystemInformation>
    <SecureBootState>
    <UEFISecureBootEnabled>1</UEFISecureBootEnabled>
    <PolicyPublisher>{77fa9abd-0359-4d32-bd60-28f4e78f784b}</PolicyPublisher>
    </SecureBootState>
    <ReportInformation>
    <Guid>eef2b8be-63a0-44b1-9fae-01b617d75c4f</Guid>
    <CreationTime>2021-10-30T13:33:09Z</CreationTime>
    </ReportInformation>
    </WERReportMetadata>

The Windows Error Log 'Error' Information shows:

Faulting application name: TheDivision2.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x605991a7
    Faulting module name: TheDivision2.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x605991a7
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000035f3c4
    Faulting process ID: 0x59c4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ca7e0b2053e1
    Faulting application path: G:\UBI\Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\TheDivision2.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\UBI\Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\TheDivision2.exe
    Report ID: 5a3b35fa-5a92-4a53-ac7c-bc218d26cf76
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• XMdead
    144 posts

To save you some pain and frustration on a wild goose chase.

In theory, it could be your video card, computer, internet, windows version, drivers versions. Support will always point you at those and you might as well check them first. But having said that:

• A lot of people have this issue.
    • It happens also when your personally controlled stuff is quite good.
    • The only common thing I see to connections where I crash is an "unidentified" server. When I get US East I hardly ever crash and when I get EU I rarely crash. When I get a connection icon with no location name it is very likely that I will crash.

My personal conclusion is that sometimes - for reasons beyond my comprehension - the game connects you to servers that are NOT the ideal ones for you, and in those cases either the server, the server's internet or the latency in the route to the server are so bad that they cause the game to crash.

I know you will say that other games you play, even massive multiplayer ones don't crash like this. It is true, but even those games used to be terrible, and eventually they figured out how to improve their network code so that it could cope with less than perfect servers, internet and even players PCs. Usually that happens with a game company when they get past the denial phase where they blame players and - at least internally - they recognize that the solution is really in their hands and start improving the network code. If so... it typically takes about a year.

So... I suggest patience and don't let the crashes frustrate you too much. Even with the crashes the game is too good to rage-quit it.

• echolecter
    Original poster 271 posts
    So... I suggest patience and don't let the crashes frustrate you too much. Even with the crashes the game is too good to rage-quit it.

As much as I do like playing the game these issues are very frustrating. You don't even have to rage quit because the game will do it for you. Didn't have any major issues before but now I cannot play longer then 3-5 minutes before the game decides to go into suspended mode. Starting at the beginning of the current season. Since they can't even remember what they did (or said) at Massive reversing some changes seems to be impossible. Even opening menus now is a huge problem and causing the game to malfunction. It's becoming pathetic and truly looks like the work of amateurs.

When I first started playing, before WONY came out, zero Delta errors and crashes. Then after release of expansion the game has only gotten worse and worse. I expect that after their new 'ambicious' update the game will be completely broken and crashing issues will never get fixed. They should label this game as unstable in their store so people actually know what they are getting into. If they want players to buy their games as services at least have the decency to make sure the service is working properly. If that means a lot more server parks at different locations, so be it even if that is really expensive. They choose this model themselves not the players aka customers ...

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

Hey folks!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashing issues. If you are yet to please do try the steps here.

If this does not work please send us your system files in a support case so we can investigate further. You can find how to do this here.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • M00nMe
    20 posts

@battlemaster23 I was told to try this. Sooo.... It doesn't always work. It did a couple of times, then I got this. about 60 hrs of playtime gone now. ...

• HaywardGG
    106 posts
    Hello everyone! My sincerest apologies that your Hard Core character has been killed due to the Division 2 crashing and freezing. Our teams are currently investigating the crashing issues and are working towards a solution for this. I do deeply apologize that you have lost your hardcore character due to this. However, I appreciate your patience as our teams investigate this.

This is like talking to a bot. The replies are identical every time and it's been months with NO fix or update from the devs.

• Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

@el3gantst0rm Sorry buddy. I def. know the feeling.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2552 posts

Hello @brewz, @El3gantSt0rm and @Brewz thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear that your hardcore characters have been killed due to the game crashing, or hanging when closing, through no fault of your own.

As you know we are currently unable to restore Hardcore characters for players, only normal characters. I have reached out to the Division team on this and passed on your feedback, I will do my best to update you when I hear back on this particular situation.

Official Response
  • Gabriel.Knight
    179 posts

@ubi-milky Thank you. I know that Hard Core players probably wasnt an original design concept. It is frustrating when hours of playtime vanishes and leads to me usually using a lot of four-letter words. I also know D2 isn't a priority project anymore. Again thanks. PS I recently changed my handle here.

• MasonLongSword
    10 posts

So today i was streaming game and everything was good for a while and as i was playing on my hardcore character game just randomly crashed on me. I came back in the game and my character was set as if i died but didnt say i did just said what level i got to or what not and the amount of days i played i have video of this issue and i can see why people are having a hard time wanting to try this mode if this could be fix i would be happy but the crashing in game is really a pain and really disappointing even from a streaming game point of view. Here is where i was streaming from and in the video you can see where i crashed and i come back and my character is set as i died or what not. 25:15 is when the crashed happened it sent me straight back to desktop. Im guessing the death is from the character being stuck in game while the crash was happening. Maybe a point where your immune if it crashed could help this but its really sad. Makes me not want to play this game after this happened. Please if you could fix this issue it would help please and thank you. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1212860182 25:15 is the time stamp around where it crashed on me. I was on pc playing this.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 924 posts

Hey @the_vig1lante,

Thank you for your update and patience!

In the mean time if there is anything else we can help with just let us know even if your handle changes

Official Response
  • MasonLongSword
    10 posts

Same thing happened to me as well this is a big issue for those who are trying to have a challenge mode experience. Very frustrating and i hope they give us back word on working on this issue. Because I really enjoy Hardcore Mode a bit more then i do normal mode gives you a reason to fight for your life. But if your fight to stay alive is taken away from you by a crash / aka bug then that in my eyes need to be looked at. I cant express the urgent feeling of having this fixed its very off putting. Please if yall could fix this issue it would be wonderful until it is fix i think im going to have to pass on playing any of the division 2. Too much time and effort wasted on game bug killing you instead of dying in game.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1605 posts

@masonlongsword Hello there.

Sorry to hear you've also experienced losing a hardcore character due to an application hang. Thank your forwarding on this video so that we can see this happening. The video and the information you've provided us, have been passed to the game team so that they can take a closer look.

We'll be sure to update players once we have further news to share. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please reach back out to us if you have any further details to add. We may be back in touch should the team need any additional information!

Official Response

Suggested Topics