ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

@str33tbomber i disable in-game overlay and was able to play for more than an hour did 2 missions that's the best I've had since the game came out trie that

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

@hralex1951 disable in-game overlay si if that works

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

@counterfitloser disable in-game overlay si if that works

• ChrisX87
    3 posts

@tony_the_shark7

No, that doesn't help either, after 5 minutes the game stops again.
    The only solution is to activate DX11

• Big..Jake
    5 posts

Have played the game for 6 weeks whitout a crash and now im crashing about 1 to 2 times a day, not shure why the game decided to start crashing again

• ChrisX87
    3 posts

@Big..Jake DX11 or DX12 ?

• Big..Jake
    5 posts

@chrisx87 dx 11, didn't change anything in game, the crashes stopped 28th of december 2021 and havent hade a problem sinns then, the crashes came back today.
    dx12 makes my game crash faster.

• Monkey_Vision
    5 posts

For me the crashing started back in early September 2021 after a Windows 10 update. That update was right before the Intel 12th gen desktop CPUs released. This makes me wonder if Windows multi threading scheduling has changed in a way that is causing The Division 2 to crash.

My specs
    Gtx 1080
    i9 9900k (stock)
    32GB 3200 RAM
    Now on Windows 11

After a crash I reinstall my Video Driver and I can play for a few hours or so. The game will crash in or out of combat. Yesterday it crashed while in the base looking at inventory. The game just locks up and I have to kill the process with no option to send a crash report.

While running around solo I can play for 5 minutes to hours, but in a group someone always disconnects or crashes during a mission (it's usually the leader).
    I've enjoyed The Division 2 with friends but they've moved on because of the crashes.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 847 posts

Hi all, apologies for the lack of an update on this issue. The team is still investigating, but as soon as we have anything to share we will post it to these forums. Apologies in advance for the long post as I try to respond to everyone.

@MARCOAVLL Welcome to Discussions, and sorry to hear this issue has impacted your experience of the game. I appreciate your updates, and thank you to @Mr-T-Magnum for the recommendations! It does sound like your remaining crashes are caused by the ongoing issue, so please keep an eye out for further updates.

@Bonelesschild Thank you for submitting a support ticket, and sorry to hear you're also affected by the issue. I noticed you have 2 graphics cards, so can you make sure your dedicated GPU is set up to run by default? You can find instructions for that in this FAQ.

@XMdead I appreciate your input on a possible cause. Have you noticed any difference in the issue when auto-backup tools are disabled on your system?

@Sergey3396 Please note that this is our English forum, and we can't assist in other languages. If you would like to investigate the issue on your specific setup, you're welcome to reach out through our support site where our Russian-language team can help. Otherwise, I can confirm this issue is under investigation.

@GILMoRe-UK Glad to hear you found a solution! Installing games or Ubisoft Connect on other drives usually isn't an issue, but it can occasionally cause conflicts (especially if the other drive is external). Thank you for sharing that in case it helps someone else!

@GSD_LUVR Thank you for sharing the settings that seem to exacerbate the issue, and sorry to hear you weren't able to make any headway in your contacts with our support team. I've forwarded this information on settings to the team to help with their investigation.

@Sgt-Multipass I appreciate you chiming in on your troubleshooting for this issue. I see you've already submitted your system files, so I've sent those over to the team. Any updates will be posted to this forum.

@Monkey_Vision Sorry to hear you've also been running into this issue. Could you create a support ticket and attach your system files so I can get those to the team?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 847 posts

@mr-uvuvwevwevwe Sorry to hear the issue persists for you. Please go ahead and create a support ticket and attach your system files so the team can take a closer look.

@Resssss_ Glad to hear things are working for you now! Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Official Response
  • Sgt.Multipass
    2 posts

@ubi-mushy I have also tried windowed (fullscreen), lower resolution, vsync on or off, and so on as suggested my support Ubisoft support. I'd like to also be clear that I am currently running Windows 10 21H2 fully updated, all drivers up-to-date, and ontop of that I am running Windows 10 in so called clean-boot, which means I have disabled ALL non-Microsoft services and startup-programs. Except ofc, Easy Anti Cheat for obvious reasons. I have even gone as far as to configure Windows Defender to protect The Division 2 game folder so that no funny business can be done with the contents of that folder. Currently testing, but as you can see, there's pretty much nothing left to do on my side. Massive needs to work with nVidia and AMD to resolve this DX11/DX12 issues the game engine has. Just my 2 cents.

• Monkey_Vision
    5 posts

@ubi-mushy Support ticket [redacted] sent with DxDiag.txt
    site won't accept msinfo32 for some reason.

• Monkey_Vision
    5 posts

I have something for Nvidia owners to try. It seems to be working for me and I'm curious if it will help others.

Goto Nvidia Control panel/ Manage 3D settings scroll down to Threaded optimization and turn this OFF. Might need to turn it on for other games.

Your fps might take a small hit but I've only crashed one time is 8 hours of playing in groups and not once playing solo. The Division 2 seems smoother with Threaded optimization off on my hardware. Specs: 9900k/ win 11/ 32Gb Ram/ GTX1080.

Nvidia tweak guide:
    Threaded Optimization: This setting controls the use of multithreaded optimization for games on systems with multi-core/HyperThreaded CPUs. In theory, by allowing the driver to offload certain GPU-related processing tasks as separate thread(s) on available CPU cores, performance can be improved.

The available settings are Auto, On and Off. Auto allows the GeForce driver to determine if it applies threaded optimization, On forcibly enables it, and Off disables it. In testing this setting in several games, I saw no performance impact. It should be noted however that none of the games I tested were old enough to have been developed before multi-core CPUs became available to consumers (around 2005). User feedback indicates that some older games, as well as some OpenGL games, will exhibit problems if Threaded Optimization is set to On.

It is recommended that Threaded Optimization be set to Auto under Global Settings. This will allow the driver to determine if and how to use threaded optimization for various games. You can turn this setting Off under the Program Settings tab for particular (typically old) games which have problems at the Auto or On setting.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey @monkey_vision ,

I've removed the Case ID from your post for security reasons.

Please make sure you're uploading your MSinfo as a .txt file like your DxDiag and if the site is having issues accepting the file, please also give these browser steps a try.

Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with adding files to your case!

@Sgt-Multipass - thanks again for sharing your extensive steps attempted so far and feedback, these have been noted to the team.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for taking the time to share this here too @monkey_vision !

Official Response
  • Monkey_Vision
    5 posts

@ubi-theberry msinfo32.txt has been added to my ticket

• Sp1r3t0p
    1 posts

I've been having the crashes/freezes like so many other, and I've tried every suggestion but nothing has helped.

I finally found a solution that works for me. Exit out of the GOG client, if it's running. Have played 5-6 hours without a single crash. Normally I crash every 20-30 minutes. I restarted the GOG client and crashed after 20 minutes. I really hope this will help others, as this crashing is so frustrating.

• Ubi-TheBerry

Perfect, thanks for that @monkey_vision !

I've passed your files onto the team while they continue to look into this.

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • Dr._No
    3 posts

so it seems to me that not even UBI knows whats going on.. let alone the attention span to fix it..
    they pointed the fingers at Windows when a patch was released YEARS AGO.. Windows released a fix, and Division 2 was not on that list.. (because UBI did not reach out to them.. probably)
    they do not respond to me on twitter any more.. because i am sure they are sick of me complaining..
    ive filed a report with the BBB (google it) and they had tried to get in contact with UBI, who blew them off apparently..
    the last resort is to go against their precious TOS.. and reverse engineer the game and find the actual problem..
    i mean at this point, its better to spend the energy campaigning people to NOT play this or other products..

• CptnSpandex
    11 posts

@ubi-viral It is not just directx 12 that is causing this, 4 of us on pc playing together all are getting the same god damn crashes every ten minutes, all different systems with different hardware and dx 11 or dx 12 it does it, ubisoft has known about this problem for a very very very long time now and chooses just to brush it under the carpet.

Suggested Topics