ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@wreck3rr Thank you for your reply. Can we help you with anything?

Official Response
  • LongLiveRNG
    21 posts

@rage_therapy
    If your logic is true, every time I crashed, it should have the EAC unloading in Event Viewer. My EAC unloading error is crashed straight to desktop, not TD2 becomes unresponsive where I need to do End Task for TheDivision2.exe

I purchased and played the game on daily basis just before Season 3. I've encountered numerous crashes with this game on a daily basis too, ranging from EAC unloading, nvlddmkm, windows temp file error (can't exactly remember this one), Razer Game Manager errors (purchased a Logitech mouse and uninstall all of Razer apps, no crashes with this entry ever since).
    Crashes ranging from freeze, changed to windowed mode, TD2 unresponsive, and straight crashed to desktop, with or without any window to report crash to Ubisoft.
    For the month of February 2022, I'm able to play at least for half a day to a full day without any crashes at all.

I've posted what I've done to troubleshoot to prolong the duration of the crashes in Discord (some of you may not know this, Ubisoft has an official TD2 Discord server).

https://discord.com/channels/477210626742288384/489469277792108547/945228710771052584: (https://discord.com/channels/477210626742288384/489469277792108547/945228710771052584)

For you all who don't have Discord, or don't want to join the server, I've copied and pasted here:

For those who experiencing crashes, you can follow my possible solutions below, which you can apply all or 1-by-1 to test which one works for you.

Disclaimer: These won't guarantee you won't have any more crashes (I still have crashes even after doing all of these), and this is not a detailed step by step guide. Google them yourself on how to properly do it. And I agree there's nothing wrong with your system, you only have the crash with this game. But for me, I like the game and enjoy playing it, so I only do what I can and share them with you.

But the most important part for me is now I can play TD2 on DX12 for half a day or the whole day without any crashes.

1. Update all Visual C++ 20xx redistributable packages to the latest version.
    2. Uninstall XBox Game Bar (using powershell method is recommended, because I'm on Windows 11, after just disabling it, I still can open the overlay by pressing start+G).
    3. Disable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduler from Windows Settings - Graphics.
    4. Disable Discord Overlay, not just from the game, but entirely. This will affects other games and TD2 Raids (you can't tell who's speaking unless you know their voice). With Discord Overlay enabled, my game can just crash while on the character selection screen.
    5. Increase your page file or your RAM. (I don't do this anymore, but I got tested it did prolong the duration of crash, i.e: from 5-10 minutes to 1-2 hours).
    6. Lower the power limit of your GPU (I don't do this anymore, but I got tested it did prolong the duration of crash, i.e: from 5-10 minutes to 1-2 hours).
    7. Lower the resolution of the game, either by lowering the resolution size or resolution scaling (I don't do this anymore too)
    8. Cap your FPS by whatever method that's comfortable (I'm using Afterburner to cap).
    9. Lower the sharpening to 0, either in-game or in NVIDIA Control Panel (What I found, this helps a lot to prolong the duration of the crashes).

Lastly, I love this game. No matter what other games I've played, I still come back to this game.
    I'm not just posting for the sake of raging or vent my anger or unhappiness, but I'm trying to help solve the problem, not just for me, but for everyone else who also enjoying playing this game.

@U_11
    I'll try your solution by repairing, and reinstall EAC. And FYI, the 2021-10-xx version also caused more crashes for me.

• I_Funky_I
    3 posts

It's pretty remarkable that so many others including myself continue to jump through all these hoops just to play this game. Especially since we haven't had a meaningful update or new content in such a long time, and yet we still try to fix what the developers haven't. I know there is an update "around the corner" but if we are constantly crashing then what good is it really going to be? I'm not really sure what to say about it anymore, it's not our PCs it's the game. My old PC crashed and now my new PC crashes. I've tried anything and everything to fix it but eventually the crashing returns. DX11 has this ridiculous stuttering problem and up until recently for me was crash free until a few days ago. DX12 runs great with no stutter but has a hard crashing problem and an annoying brightness bug. It's basically pick your poison and a complete toss up when you start a session whether or not your going to crash. I hope the devs are actually looking into squashing this issue once and for all with the new update but seeing as how long this has been swept under the rug I'm not expecting much. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

• LongLiveRNG
    21 posts

@ubi-viral Repaired EAC. So far so good. Yesterday 2 hours gaming and streaming, not even a single crash at all. Today (6-8 hours) no crash at all.
    So I take it if EAC got problem after updating, I'll repair it.

• nongenuine
    21 posts

It has been a few days crash free. Can someone confirm this? The crash became from being able to end the task to being stuck at the game's crashed screen, and the only way to end the task is to log out of windows. No changes on my system.

• echolecter
    Original poster 271 posts

The only thing that I can confirm is that the situation has improved somewhat on my system. Game runs better but it still crashes non the less, it all depends on what time of the day you're playing. There are times when you can't run repeatedly (open world) anymore because the game is waiting for response. Then shortly after the game will probably crash. How long this will last I don't know but for now it's a lot better, that is for me at least. The game currently runs longer then 5 minutes so you can actually complete stuff.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2553 posts

Hello longliverng thanks for getting back to us and sharing your workaround steps, that may help other players too.

Some of these steps are included in our troubleshooting guide such as disabling all background programs other than the game and launcher, to tule our interference and CPU strain caused by other programs as a possible cause.

Programs such as Xbox Game Bar, programs with overlays such as Geforce Experience and Discord, we recommend disabling. We also recommend disabling Afterburner and using your Nvidia or Nvidia control panel to cap your FPS instead, as MSI Afterburner has been known to cause conflicts with some of our games, and as the program is often used for overclocking, we ask players to make sure not to overclock whilst playing the game and stop the software and OC from being enabled, as another thing we can check off, for interference with the performance of the game.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2553 posts

Hello @I_Funky_I thanks for sharing your experience of these crashes, we are still investigating this issue with the highest priority and we are still accepting player's systems files, to help aid us with our investigation into which players are affected by crashes.

If you would like to help us investigate this too, please make sure to send us the following files > 

DXDIAG report - https://ubi.li/z1pK6
    MSINFO report - https://ubi.li/9ey7y
    Launcher log files > https://ubi.li/UK5Go

You can send us these files via our Ubisoft Help website > https://www.ubisoft.com/help/contact

Official Response
  • Boothen
    30 posts

@ubi-milky

This crashing has made the game unplayable for years now. How about you tell the truth? You're not investigating this issue at all, you're just saying you are in order to look like you're listening to your paying customers. Whereas the reality is you don't give a damn.

• I_Funky_I
    3 posts

Well I can confirm I've played the past few days on DX12 without a single crash. I noticed that there were connectivity issues being reported with Ubisoft Connect a few days ago and after it was reported resolved via Twitter ever since then (at least for me) I've had multiple play sessions without a single issue other than that brightness bug which isn't too big of a deal. I did a complete uninstall of all distributables and reinstalled the latest versions but I've been here before thinking I have the problem resolved only to have the crashing return. I'll report back here if I start crashing again.

Welp, about 45 minutes after I made this post I got a crash. Pretty much how it has been for awhile now, the game may run fine for a bit but eventually it always returns...the standard Division 2 PC experience these days.

• MassiveVijayjay
    57 posts

been seeing this response over & over again to other peoples posts going back over a year. It's like we're dealing with bots over at ubi.

• echolecter

@massivevijayjay Many support employees are simply doing their job. They can't do anything about issues and are just following scripts and making sure they hit their daily targets. But since none of their input helps it might be better not to post anything.

Few observations I made whilst trying to complete a the Tombs mission for the manhunt, or should say mission impossible. Every time you are nearly done the server crashes and you need to start all over again. Reason I specifically point to server is that after re-login you always get a delta error at 100%. Which means an old session is gone, and if you get back in you're at the start of mission, not the place where the crash occurred, as it used to be. Sometimes you're also greeted with this delta error after starting the game first time.

I am convinced by now they either don't have the knowledge, manpower, desire, or aren't even allowed to solve it. In any case it is becoming truly pathetic and it really shows how much they care about PC customers. Issues like these are prime example why always online game don't work. They depend to heavily on back-end services that in this case (any many other games in their library) don't perform as they should. Now, restart and see where I get dropped this time ...

• I_Funky_I
    3 posts

Yeah I'm not sure who/what bears the most responsibility for the game being in the state that it is...whether it be the higher ups at Ubisoft, the devs, the servers, the launcher or whatever else the issue could be it's just really a shame. They've left us all dangling in the wind including their own forum moderators who I'm sure are probably tired of regurgitating the same stuff to us over and over again. At this point it would just be nice to hear ANYTHING about this from the devs but the communication just isn't there.

• Gandreg
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LongLiveRNG
    21 posts

@ubi-milky Yes, I haven't got a single crash on my home gaming PC.

But while I'm at work using my company laptop, I still have constant crashes while using GeforceNow to play TD2.

This is already beyond me, I can't troubleshoot, can't disable overlay, can't repair EAC, nothing I can do.

• echolecter

@gandreg Doesn't change anything other then displaying an error message when you start the game. This only works if you are starting the game as an administrator too, which is best not to do. I (will) never run normal applications as administrator, so they can potentially mess up any system files. In any other case there will be an issue where the current user (starting game) is not having access to the EAC process that is now running with administrative rights. Normal users don't, nor should they.

• Gandreg
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sh33pp
    2 posts

Well I can confirm that this crashing is still happening, no matter what I have tried here. It only seems to be stable for a good few hours after deleted the cache directory in the savegame folder, as others have suggested as a fix.
    So most likely has something to do with shader caching of some sort that the files either corrupt or something else happens. Just my thoughts 😁

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts

the best solution here is to stop buying games from this [censored] company that don't care about gamers assassin creed runs like [censored] the division runs like [censored] for honor runs like [censored] but all of my non-Ubisoft games run amazing Ubisoft [censored] you

• tony_the_shark7
    28 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics