ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sharif_1031
    1 posts

It keeps crashing as of today also. Might need a update or something.

• MassiveVijayjay
    59 posts

@sharif_1031 it's gonna need a greater level of competence, or something.

• MassiveVijayjay
    59 posts

it really must not take much to be a ubi employee

• Saqiw
    18 posts

Ubisoft are really useless

• guest-sHmWRWRI
    1 posts

I am on AMD cpu and graphics. Latest weekly update broke the game for me. I could not even get to the warning screen upon launching the game and system crashes with blue screen. Restarting doesn't help, it still crashes at game launch. Reinstalling the game doesn't work either.

What worked for me is to uninstall AMD Radeon software and drivers and install old version 19.XX. The game loaded as per normal once I did that and I played a few missions without issues. I suspect somehow the latest game version has some problem with newer AMD graphics drivers.

• Funlvncriminal
    2 posts

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME CRASH. goes to windowed mode black screen and have to kill it in task manager. I went back in and put graphic settings on high and I also turn off V-sync. Played for about an hour-no crash again. Fingers crossed. Also for anyone at Ubi that reads this, event viewer only has 1 event when the crash happened and it has to be associated with it.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
     and APPID 
    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
     to the user DESKTOP-A65BSPB\f SID (S-1-5-21-3047134321-3731003169-3896290114-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey there @kubek85 ,

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to see you're also having issues.

As mentioned in the thread and if you haven't done so already, could you please ensure you've given the steps in our troubleshooting guide a try as they're a good first step with any crashing / performance issues.

Should you the continue to have crashing issues, could you please send us your system files as per this guide so we can take a closer look into this with you?

In the meantime, a wider investigation into this is still ongoing, we apologise for the inconvenience while this is ongoing and still welcome system reports so we can gather as much information as possible.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • MassiveVijayjay
    59 posts

Dear Ubi,

Your game just sent an automatically generated crash report. Please view it and figure this out because this has been going on for the last two years almost.

Do me a solid and not kick me out of your forums for posting in here too much.

Thank you and have a good night.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2518 posts

Hey everyone,

Just posting to say that we unfortunately don't have an update on this issue at this time but I have forwarded on how many more reports we have received on this, the other links that have been shared, and tried pushing for an update on how their investigation is going into the issue. As always, whenever we receive any news on updates or on this topic, we will share it here on the forums.

Official Response
  • RAGE_THERAPY
    79 posts

@ubi-froggard while I appreciate you posting this note, I’m sure you can also appreciate how abandoned PC users have been the past year with this in-game freeze/shrink windowed/crash to desktop issue being unresolved.

The fact that the development team at Massive Entertainment hasn’t provided you or the broader community an update for a year is completely unacceptable. We had this issue before the last major title update, since the title update and it is still present even in the latest PTS. YouTube streamers of the PTS were experiencing this issue multiple times during their streams. This is a paid live-service game, not free to play.

The Division 2 on PC is performing like it was still in Beta Test with this instability issue on PC and it’s 3 years since official release. It is simply astonishing that this is how a “high priority issue” is being managed internally at Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft.

#sigh
    #Division2CrashFest

• MassiveVijayjay
    59 posts

@ubi-froggard went a whole two hours tonight before a crash. can't think of any other game that offers that feature.

• JDagoo57
    3 posts

Bonjour la communauté. Le problème est issue du fichier exécutable Thedivision2.exe qui n’est pas compatible avec le format W10-W11.
    Il suffit de lancer le jeux après avoir ouvert et connecté le lanceur Ubisoft, Via l’explorateur de fichier de W10 en lançant avec Résoudre les problèmes de compatibilté et de faire réparer .
    Faire tester, le jeu démarre et fonctionne sans problème. Par contre opération à répéter à chaque démarrage du jeu.
    N’utilisez pas l’option JOUER du lanceur.

Bon jeu à toutes et tous.

• Aldur2309
    29 posts
    @ubi-froggard while I appreciate you posting this note, I’m sure you can also appreciate how abandoned PC users have been the past year with this in-game freeze/shrink windowed/crash to desktop issue being unresolved.

The fact that the development team at Massive Entertainment hasn’t provided you or the broader community an update for a year is completely unacceptable. We had this issue before the last major title update, since the title update and it is still present even in the latest PTS. YouTube streamers of the PTS were experiencing this issue multiple times during their streams. This is a paid live-service game, not free to play.

The Division 2 on PC is performing like it was still in Beta Test with this instability issue on PC and it’s 3 years since official release. It is simply astonishing that this is how a “high priority issue” is being managed internally at Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft.

#sigh
    #Division2CrashFest

Well said and completely in agreement. It's beyond ridiculous that a title like The Division 2 has been crashing for a lot of players for over a year now.

@ubi-froggard Not attacking you but I hope you understand the frustration.

• Colonel.Klink.
    6 posts

I just came back to the game after several months away (maybe 6?) and I repeatedly have the game freeze where I have to end task via task manager. I verified the game file and still crashes/ freezes. The game stability has gotten worse over time. How can we enjoy the upcoming new content when this is what we have to deal with.

• Kubek85
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry Hey, I've already filed a ticket or two in the past. Tried a number of suggestions from the support team but it hasn't helped. The game is stable in the DX 11 mode, but indeed the fps drops drastically.

I am unable to submit the file in this reply. The error sates that I do not have required privilages.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Hey there @kubek85 , thanks for clarifying that for us. For the system files we've mentioned, they can't be added here on the forum - it'd need to be on a support ticket. However, at the moment, I can see our teams are investigating this internally already, so we won't need any further system files quite at the moment. If this changes, we'll reach out here in the forum thread. My apologies for the continued inconvenience while we are looking into this - let me know if you've any questions in the meantime.

Official Response
  • TwoBel0w
    2 posts

I've been dealing with this for as long as I can remember now. I start to play and within 15 minutes or so it crashes. I get the black windowed screen and the application shows that it is not responding in the task manager. I need to end task and relaunch. Once I would relaunch I could go for hours without a crash. This just became my process. Load in wait for the crash, relaunch, and then play. I've gotten to the point of calling this crash a "feature".

Now since the last weekly reset, I am crashing multiple times in an hour. The silence from the devs is deafening....

• MassiveVijayjay
    59 posts

c'mon Ugghbee fix the crash fest

• Kubek85
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thanks

• Aldur2309
    29 posts

@ubi-froggard https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3ey04/game_crashes_randomly_on_some_legendary_missions/: (https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3ey04/game_crashes_randomly_on_some_legendary_missions)

https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3r90x/my_game_does_this_thing_where_it_tabs_out_and/: (https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3r90x/my_game_does_this_thing_where_it_tabs_out_and)

Suggested Topics