ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RAGE_THERAPY
    82 posts

@timbooohs Yup, what you describe as "my game just freezes up and goes into this windowed mode completely frozen" is the crashing everyone is reporting. It's actually been an ongoing issue since release, but worsened over the past year or so. At this point, there are thousands of posts between the old Ubisoft forums and this newer one. It doesn't matter if we are talking about pre Title Update 14 or post.

And the Development team at Massive Entertainment for whatever unknown reason - can't seem to fix it. There are zero user side fixes for this issue - despite the hoops fellow Agents have gone through to try and resolve it. It is a core application or what most of us believe is a server-side issue, given The Division 2 is a live service game requiring a constant connection to their servers.

They have been silent for more than a year and providing zero updates for the Ubisoft Support Staff to pass along.... and yes, I agree this is absolutely absurd for a paid live-service game. All our patience and feedback have fallen on deaf ears with even the Community Managers quiet at this point.

Such a disappointment for those Agents that have supported this franchise for years and while I do want to look forward to new content, the current State of The Game is a crash fest on PC and I'm even reading posts about the same problem with the Nvidia GeForce Now service and consoles too.

#Division2CrashFest

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@agentmikel Thank you for your reply. We understand that this has been ongoing for sometime, this is why I have requested an update. Hopefully it will not take too long.

• MassiveVijayjay
    65 posts

ubi bots any progress being made on crashfest 2021-22?

• MassiveVijayjay
    65 posts

c'mon ubi

• Elision_1
    5 posts

So, now you resort to moving and deleting posts now Massive. You don`t want to acknowledge this problem and try to sweep it under the rug.

• belliruub
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Nitwo
    1 posts

I totally changed my PC (used to be on a 6700k + 1080) and now on a 5900x + 3080 Ti : I have the exact same crashed I used to have after 15 ish of playing.
    I used to be able to fix it by just disabling MSI Afterburner on the old config, and that... absolutely doesn't work on the new one anymore. It's been years. It's absolutely maddening.

• WrecK3rr
    325 posts

Not a fix but make sure Scaling Method is set to "Aspect Ratio" and Scaling is being performed by "GPU".
    This option is available in both Nvidia and AMD control panels. Should help keep CTDs down a notch.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 908 posts

@nitwo Welcome to Discussions! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing crashes as well.

Since you mentioned the crashing occurs around the same amount of time, it's very possible that this is a local issue. If you haven't already, I recommend running through the steps in this FAQ to help clear that up.

If your game still crashes after that, it is likely that this is caused by the issue outlined in this thread. However you're welcome to reach out through our support site and submit your system files for further investigation and assistance.

Official Response
  • Regnar_Lothbrok
    9 posts
    Banned

Today I had 5 crashes in 15 min. Get your Sh** together Massive

• Killorio
    116 posts

@agent0range96 Well, this issue STILL does happen even to this day, is so maddening, even after uninstalling the game and re-downloading everything.
    Well, what I did and has worked great was simply to disable DX12 (DirectX 12) on The Division 2. FPS decreases and game looks a little worse but I take these over a crash (several, actually) anytime!

• Killorio
    116 posts
    @ubi-theberry ""
    "You seem to have stumbled upon a page you do not have access to."
  • MassiveVijayjay
    65 posts

seems ubi's solution to crashfest 2022 is to block users on the forum. bravo.

• El_Hereje
    6 posts

Well here i am
    Yesterday i played all the day without problems the pts
    Today the actual game, the real one, it was a crash after crash again again again....

The crazy of this is, that if i play que pts now, runs smooth, but the real game crashes, unbeliable!

• Ms.Luna._.Jay
    9 posts

Noticed that CPU usage has been gone up to 100% recently.
    I'm running the game in "Medium" settings, and it was running around 65% to 70% CPU usage b4.

Please have someone look into this as well. Thank you.

• ERROR_LT
    2 posts

This [censored]'s been happening for 3 years now and there's still no fix.
    Built a new pc last year and same issue still persists.
    Ubi's usual response? "We're still looking into it guys xd".

Specs:
    spoiler

• Aldur2309
    33 posts

@ubi-milky Is the crashing issue on PC still being investigated? As it's been going on since the Feb '21 patch and it's now April '22 you can hopefully understand it is getting very demotivating.

Sometimes the game runs fine for days, and then it suddenly crashes 4 times in a single mission. The game window goes from fullscreen to windowed and then just freezes. We need to kill the game via the task manager. There are almost daily posts on the subreddit about the issue. It's getting to the point the regulars are just calling it a feature. It's not an issue on the players' end and while there's a big list with workarounds and "fixes" that are regularly posted nothing helps. If the game crashes for you it's going to keep crashing. DX11 or 12 doesn't matter, crashes on both.

I often play with 2 friends and we all crash. Wildly different systems, at different times, etc. Sometimes 1 of us can play fine all evening while the other 2 crash regularly at completely random times. Sometimes it's just 1 person, or 1 after the other. It's rare we can get through 2 to 3 hours of gameplay with at least one of us crashing. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, it appears totally random.

New content is great and very much appreciated but if it just keeps crashing I don't see myself spending (read: wasting) anymore time and money on this game. I had to restart Tidal Basin 3 times this weekend, due to crash after crash after crash. You can understand people quitting if their time is being wasted like this.

5 posts

**Update 032522_1449**.

The freezing seems to be a lot less once you hit level 30 and enter World Tiers.

Managed to play 4 - 6 hours straight usually without freezing.

On a few rarer occassions, there will be a freeze.

-------------------

-----------------

**Update 040422_1934**.

So far I have had a few crashes usually when just starting the overclock of the GPU and then jumping into the game immediately.

Most sessions have lasted 4 - 6 hours without crashing though.

Repeat of the things I did to get to this point.

* I have set Windows 8 compatibility mode (I am running Windows 10, I am using the compatibility mode for Windows 8), disabled full screen optimizations, set the application to handle dpi scaling, etc (using Properties on the Division 2.exe).

* I have reduced graphic settings in game to the lowest possible options.

* I have disabled all UI animations, screen effects, etc.

* I am running the latest Nvidia drivers 512.15.

* I switched from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11 rendering in the game.

* Disabled the Ubisoft Connect in-game overlay.

* Disabled the Discord overlay.

* Disabled all 3rd party integrations (i.e. Mystic Light, Corsair)

* Removed Nvidia Geforce Experience.

* Clean installed the latest Nvidia drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstall - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/): (https://wagnardsoft.com/))

* I now do this with every Nvidia driver update

* optimized Nvidia settings using tips and apps from:  

* https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-nvdia-control-panel-settings/#no1: (https://digitaltrends.com/computing/best-nvdia-control-panel-settings#no1)

Other things:

* I was still running MSI Afterburner with an Overclock (on my GTX 1660 Ti)

• MassiveVijayjay
    65 posts

its great you want feedback on the PTS and all but where do we send legit complaints on the regular game because it's still a 2 year strong crashfest

• MassiveVijayjay
    65 posts

perhaps you can have a different ubi employee handle the response to the crashfest

Suggested Topics