ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Aldur2309
    33 posts
    @ubi-froggard while I appreciate you posting this note, I’m sure you can also appreciate how abandoned PC users have been the past year with this in-game freeze/shrink windowed/crash to desktop issue being unresolved.

The fact that the development team at Massive Entertainment hasn’t provided you or the broader community an update for a year is completely unacceptable. We had this issue before the last major title update, since the title update and it is still present even in the latest PTS. YouTube streamers of the PTS were experiencing this issue multiple times during their streams. This is a paid live-service game, not free to play.

The Division 2 on PC is performing like it was still in Beta Test with this instability issue on PC and it’s 3 years since official release. It is simply astonishing that this is how a “high priority issue” is being managed internally at Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft.

#sigh
    #Division2CrashFest

Well said and completely in agreement. It's beyond ridiculous that a title like The Division 2 has been crashing for a lot of players for over a year now.

@ubi-froggard Not attacking you but I hope you understand the frustration.

• Colonel.Klink.
    6 posts

I just came back to the game after several months away (maybe 6?) and I repeatedly have the game freeze where I have to end task via task manager. I verified the game file and still crashes/ freezes. The game stability has gotten worse over time. How can we enjoy the upcoming new content when this is what we have to deal with.

• Kubek85
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry Hey, I've already filed a ticket or two in the past. Tried a number of suggestions from the support team but it hasn't helped. The game is stable in the DX 11 mode, but indeed the fps drops drastically.

I am unable to submit the file in this reply. The error sates that I do not have required privilages.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2683 posts

Hey there @kubek85 , thanks for clarifying that for us. For the system files we've mentioned, they can't be added here on the forum - it'd need to be on a support ticket. However, at the moment, I can see our teams are investigating this internally already, so we won't need any further system files quite at the moment. If this changes, we'll reach out here in the forum thread. My apologies for the continued inconvenience while we are looking into this - let me know if you've any questions in the meantime.

Official Response
  • TwoBel0w
    3 posts

I've been dealing with this for as long as I can remember now. I start to play and within 15 minutes or so it crashes. I get the black windowed screen and the application shows that it is not responding in the task manager. I need to end task and relaunch. Once I would relaunch I could go for hours without a crash. This just became my process. Load in wait for the crash, relaunch, and then play. I've gotten to the point of calling this crash a "feature".

Now since the last weekly reset, I am crashing multiple times in an hour. The silence from the devs is deafening....

• MassiveVijayjay
    71 posts

c'mon Ugghbee fix the crash fest

• Kubek85
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thanks

• Aldur2309
    33 posts

@ubi-froggard https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3ey04/game_crashes_randomly_on_some_legendary_missions/: (https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3ey04/game_crashes_randomly_on_some_legendary_missions)

https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3r90x/my_game_does_this_thing_where_it_tabs_out_and/: (https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/u3r90x/my_game_does_this_thing_where_it_tabs_out_and)

• Lezuzyus
    1 posts

Hey all.
    I hawe a same issue here.
    My Spec:
    Intel Core i7-9700F
    Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Mini OC 8GB DDR6 256bit.
    16GB Memory.

I'm try the same thing what i read, but it's not solved. Sometimes working fine 3 or 4 hour playing, but loot of time after 15-20 minute and crashing. 😞
    Please help to solve this issue.

• MassiveVijayjay
    71 posts

vomit, pure vomit.

• MassiveVijayjay
    71 posts

at least, when it crashes & i spawn back in the legendary game please, please, don't spawn me in front of the mobs. gd it.

• MassiveVijayjay
    71 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MassiveVijayjay
    71 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MassiveVijayjay
    71 posts

now you're deleting posts uggghhhbi?

• Katalyst1337
    1 posts

I'm convinced the random crashes are related to RGB crap.
    I have two options in-game: MSI and Corsair iCue. I don't have any MSI hardware, but w/e. Both are turned off in-game.
    There are a few programs/services running that handle RGB for my mobo. If I leave these running when starting the game I have guaranteed crashes. If I turn these off, I never have any crashes.
    Also, nothing to be found in event viewer after a crash, no warnings, no errors.

• Colonel.Klink.
    6 posts

Just played for 2 hours and got 3 freezes / crashes. The game just freezes and goes non-responsive where I have to use Task Manager to end. The game regularly crashes but is random. I can sometimes go for a couple of hours without a crash or have a couple of crashes per hour. Verifying game files doesn't seem to help.

• Snake-Pliskken
    1 posts

I have the same Issue. Now i hardyly play anymore. But since the PTS came i was trying to play. But sometimes after 5min sometimes after 40 it freezes the screen. I have to kill the game through Taskmanager. It happens everytime. I have played 900+hrs with the same setup. Even Tried Div 1 this Morning. No Problems. Same as my other Games.

• Redfeather1975
    6 posts

I reinstalled division 2 today in anticipation of the new future additions. It crashed twice for me so far in a very short time and I just got bummed out and decided to watch television instead. 😔

• xPantanni
    2 posts

I'd like to add my voice to the overwhelming amount of PC players affected by this. If I can't play because they can't make a stable game, I'd like a refund.

But they've got my money, and there will be no refund, I feel like a chump. It's a good way to turn me off of any new titles you make. GG, well played... At least I know where NOT to spend my money in the future.

• xPantanni
    2 posts

@massivevijayjay not even allowing critical feedback...

Suggested Topics