ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• P3drix_PT
    5 posts

crash and more crash,and crash again,nice game

• Saqiw
    116 posts

@str33tbomber why would they feel any shame? they got so much sexual harassment going on, they dont give a crap about female employee, why would they give a fook about us or the game

Just google Ubisoft sexual misconduct

• TimoteoZeta
    1 posts

I look forward to the day when they are forced to make a game to save this bad video game company from bankruptcy. I have never seen a company go out of its way to go bankrupt.

• PESMERG4
    3 posts

@beastie1929

I deleted the entirety of \Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\ directory countless times. The majority of the time my game crashes my comp it gets stuck on the initial load screen at 58%. It's kinda magical that it almost always gets stuck at the same point.

• MARCOAVLL
    4 posts

Just bought the Division 2.
    At the start i noticed some noise flickering on the screen. Switched to DX12.It seems to be fixed.
    After this , the game started to crashed (tried on dx11 and dx12).
    I followed the 2 steps recommended

1. Compatibility with windows 8.
    2. What magmum said, disabled the ingame overlay.

So far after 50 minutes no more crashes. This afternoon i will play some hours, and comeback to edit the reply.

Edit 1: I didnt realized i didnt applied the windows 8 compatibility. I was only playing with the ingame overlay disabled.
    Now this time with the windows 8 compatibility applied, still no crash in another hour of game play.
    Amd Rx 660 and Fullscreen Borderless.

Edit 2. I got 1 crash today.

• PESMERG4
    3 posts

Today I clean installed Windows 11. Installed Division 2 again... and it still locks my computer up. Again frequently at 58% on the initial load. Guess I need to buy another computer if I want to play this game...

• P3drix_PT
    5 posts

@nomad_star nice its work 4 me GG

• AgentMikel
    243 posts
    Today I clean installed Windows 11. Installed Division 2 again... and it still locks my computer up. Again frequently at 58% on the initial load. Guess I need to buy another computer if I want to play this game...

It is much cheaper if you forgot about the existence of this game! 😄

• F.i.x.e.r
    135 posts

It seems to me that everyone (including me) that is experiencing this problem on his or her PC is experiencing it far more frequency than others. I am not trying to imply that this is the fault of any player's rig, that I place right at the feet of Ubisoft/Massive. However, could this problem be exacerbated dependent on where and how this game is installed on each individual PC with this problem. For instance, I am getting hard freezes that forces me to bring up the Task Manager and dump the game, but I am having this problem at the rate of about two or thee times a week. Why are other players getting this rate (or more) of occurrence per day?
    My game is not installed in the default location on my PC, It is on a separate drive dedicated to games in it's own folder "Division 2" in addition to running the game on Compatibility Mode and running Easy Anticheat on one core.

Maybe we should share exactly the nature of our installations along with the frequency of crashes? Could this be relevant and help the dev solve this problem, or am I grabbing at straws?

• echolecter
    Original poster 392 posts
    Maybe we should share exactly the nature of our installations along with the frequency of crashes? Could this be relevant and help the dev solve this problem, or am I grabbing at straws?

Maybe they can simply distribute the game version as it was before they started re-running seasons. Zero crashes and not a single delta error here during all the hours played before the update. This hasn't got anything to do with how PCs are setup. The game currently contains a piece of code that makes it crash due to memory access failures. They simply have no desire to solve it, else it would have been done a long time ago ...

• Mr.T.Magnum
    175 posts

@marcoavll If you use Win10 try to dissable "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" in Windows settings (I had crashes in some games because of that...). I don't have set Win8 compatibility but I play this game on Win7. What is a RX 660...you mean 6600XT?

• F.i.x.e.r
    135 posts

@echolecter As I said in my post, I am not implying that this problem has anything to do with players rigs, I was saying that the "intensity" of this problem may change according to how we set up our rigs and that letting the devs know how each rig may or may not be reacting to each set up may be of use.
    As I also stated, the blame for this problem is with Ubisoft, but if specific setups appear to mitigate the affect of this problem, at least it could help some people during this very long wait for a fix.

• BattleMaster23
    31 posts

Just checking in to see if anything has changed regarding these crash/freeze issues. I see it hasn't, that's a shame. Stopped playing a few months ago, having put in over 2000 hours through multiple agents; I even have an Hardcore Agent that killed Keener at watch level 2 and is still alive lol.

Despite this being one of my favourite games I have ever played, I am saddened by the support of the devs to fix critical bugs in this game and the continuous server problems from which this issue most likely stems from. I also find it very annoying and disappointing, that no matter what is said here in the forums regarding this issue, nothing ever changes.

Because of this either awful negligence or blatant rug sweeping to ignore the problem, I will not purchase any future Ubisoft product unless this issue is fully fixed and Ubisoft Devs explain in FULL what it was that was causing it and what they did to fix it; even if that means they have to admit to their own faults and negligence. Admitting stuff and changing their ways will make their gamers and consumers happier as they are not left in the dark wondering why important things are not happening. Such as why a critical PC issue has lasted for such a long time in a live game.

I cannot play The Division 2 with these issues and I spent over £200 on it in total over the years, it is unacceptable. I don't want a refund, I want a game I love fixed so I can play it without it crashing every 15 minutes. And to any Ubisoft Forum Support, for the love of God, don't tell me to run through a bunch of technical troubleshooting. I spent many hours doing that over a year ago when this all began. I built my PC and know how it works, I also know how to diagnose issues and this issue is not on the clients end, it is either a problem with server connectivity, or a problem with server overload, possibly a problem with Easy Anti-Cheat Engine and/or the Ubisoft Connect App, or if the devs are completely incompetent, a memory leak. The last would be hard to be believed with this issue lasting so long. I would laugh, but this situation is so bad there isn't a word for it...

PS - Don't buy a new PC if you think this issue is because of low specs. My PC Specs: i9 9900K / RX 6900XT / 32GB DDR4 (3200Mhz) / EVGA Supernova 1000W / Samsung 970 EVO NVME

• MARCOAVLL
    4 posts

@mr-t-magnum Thanks for the idea :-). Will try this if i get another crash. Just got home so, i will play later a couple of hours. Cheers.

Edit. Yep,. i meant the XFX 6600 (not the xt). I just looked and i missed a zero there xD.
    Update. Just crash once just now. Gonna try your advice.
    Update 2. Just looked for that option on windows 10. I dont have it.
      Update 3. One more crash even running as a administrator, windows mode fullscreen and overlay deactivated.

Trying another workaround from this very same forum.
    Right now in 2022, and after some years (since this happened to me also in the first division game, you have to solve this Ubisoft, stop gaining time with tickets and reports. The problem is still there, and by now you must have all the info needed.

• Mr.T.Magnum
    175 posts

@marcoavll "Update 2. Just looked for that option on windows 10. I dont have it."...???

• Resssss_
    3 posts

I downloaded the game for the first time today. I have only been unable to get the game to even load 1 time and it ran for about 5 minutes, long enough for me to get to level 2. Typically as soon as the anticheat window goes away and it appears that the game is getting ready to load my PC crashes completely. This is a brand new PC. Ryzen 5600X, 32GB RAM, GTX 1660. All other games run perfectly fine, no issues. Stress tests run flawlessly. But this game refuses to run. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, verified game files, disabled every other piece of software running I could think of, upgraded nvidia drivers using the clean install method. I was trying to play this game with my dad who has an i7-920 (from 2009!), 24GB of RAM and a GTX1060 6GB. It seems to run OK on his PC. On mine it runs just long enough for me to try and set the affinity to CPU 1 only per method 2 above. Just as the game starts to load the RGB on my RAM goes out, then my screens go black and the PC reboots. Happens just like this every time. Any ideas?

• Saqiw
    116 posts

This is so insane on hardcore, I stop playing HC, crash is toooooooo much, Ubisoft is a crap company, they will never care and NEVER WILL
    First time seen a company being so USELESS

Almost time to say goodbye, just waiting on Lost Ark 😄

• F.i.x.e.r
    135 posts

@resssss_ Sorry to here you are having such problems. The only thing I can suggest is not to install your game in the default directory. If you only have one drive, then install the game in your drive C completely on its own and try that in conjunction with the Easy-Anticheat fix. If you have already done this, then I am at a loss. Bottom line is, Ubisoft needs to step up to the plate on this one and soon.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@f-i-x-e-r

I also have D2 installed to a separate SSD, yet I still have the problem.

I think it was said many times - the crashes are not consistent for almost anyone, I can run for a full week with no issues, or I can have multiple crashes within two hours.
    The only correlation seems to be with the number of active players... Almost no problem when I can barely find someone to matchmake, lots of crashes when a "new" season starts, or a fun GE is on and many players come back.

• MARCOAVLL
    4 posts

@marcoavll

I will continue here my updates.

Update 4. Yesterday (sunday), i couldnt start the game, it showed an error when the anti cheat was loading Error 22 if i'm not mistaken, looking around here and there i did a Check Integrity files (nothing wrong and the end), and acorrding to a forum, i changed the Anti Cheat (in the services.msc) to Automatic (it was Manual), and after i restarted again the game, did the whole process of installing directx and everything. It seems to be fixed because i could start the game again.

Update 5.. Back to my main issue, i had one more crash last night, and i thought if the game was gonna keep crashing randomly, well i activated the ingame overlay again, and when i started to play just after 5 minutes, crashed. So, i ended up deactivating the ingame overlay, after that i could play one hour, and this morning another hour.

Conclussion: I think i'm not gonna improve anything more so at the end i got this:

1. Ingame overlay deactivated.
    2. Windows Fullscreen Borderless (i read that could help because it can crash for using ALT + TAB constantly, and yes, i use ALT+TAB every 5 minutes).
    3. Anticheat in Automatic in Services.msc.
    4. Graphic setting on High.
    5. I updated my Amd drivers to the very last one (22.2.1, i had the previous one).

All this seems to help, at least improve a lot, but is not a solid fix. And i've read around the division 2 has a hardcore mode, and i never tried hardcore on any game before because i dont have that much patience, but this game i really like it, so i would like to try hardcore, BUT, if these guys from ubi dont fix this once for all (which it seems they are not gonna do it), that experience will be ruined for a crash. It's up to you Ubisoft.

Suggested Topics