ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bonelesschild
    6 posts

At this point I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship. I crashed 5 times in 45 minutes yesterday. Today I've crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. I want to like the game. I want to play the game. I just don't trust it anymore. I keep coming back to the same scenario. How is this major problem not fixed or addressed? I sent my info in a ticket....nothing done. Try running in it as admin....that's the tip I got.

Today might be the official break up.....

• XMdead
    144 posts

I have a suspicion for another possible cause:.

Some people use auto-backup tools like Carbonite that momentarily lock a file when they are in the process of backing it up.

Most of the time it is very fast and most apps/games have no problem blocking until it gets released.

Could it be that Ubi games fail to block and thus end up in the hung/crashed state that we observe?

This could be easily tested by installing Carbonite on a developer's PC that plays a lot but has been unable to duplicate the problems.

• sh33pp
    2 posts

Edit: After Februry 8 maintenance and patch, the game froze up again. So I exited the game and renamed the save game/profile directory under Documents\MyGames\The Division 2 and allowed game to rebuild a new folder with new information. After adjusting graphics settings to what they used to be, the game is stable again. So maybe as in my post below, the 'Object Detail' setting pushing to max is probably not the issue but rather the game/profile directory 'Documents\MyGames\The Division 2', contents having an issue after maybe game patch or display card driver update. Will see if game is stable after some more gameplay and report back.

I have too been having this freeze/crash, where the game looks like it goes from full screen to windowed mode, then freezes.

This freeze would happen very frequently at least once within a 20 minute period. After looking at some things you guys have tried I tried something different, and I have to report I have so far been playing for many hours with no freezes.
    What I done was rename my save directory under Documents\MyGames\The Division 2. Then restarted the game to create the new folder (shader cache, etc) and went directly into the graphics options.
    I disabled viginette and chromatic options, and maxed out all the other options. (obviously these options maxed out depend on your system capabilities). But I left the extra streaming distance on 10, and also did not adjust the 'Object Detail' setting and left it at 60. Normally I changed this to the max. Edit: Changed to DX12 render mode.
    So the only change for me was leaving the geometry at the default of 60 for me.

After doing that I restarted the game for the graphic settings to take effect and quite honestly I played for 5 hours with zero crashes. I will update should I experience the freeze again, but maybe the geometry setting could be the issue?

System Specs:
    AMD 5900X at stock speeds
    Nvidia RTX 3080 at stock speeds
    MSI Tomahawk Motherboard
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    SSD Drive
    Windows 10 Home

• Resssss_
    3 posts

@f-i-x-e-r Thanks for the suggestion. It is installed on a separate drive (D drive).

• CaptRolfenhagen
    1 posts

Same problem. Just reinstalled the game after not playing for a long while, and the game crashes all the time. DX11 or DX12, it crashes. Switches to windowed mode, and then freezes. Maybe I should try borderless, but I doubt that'll help.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    85 posts

@sh33pp After the February 8th maintenance, no crashes all day so far.

Honestly, it's a complete lottery every day on whether you'll freeze/crash. Again, I believe it is mostly server-side or the application directly. Somedays hourly crashes, other days little to none with no changes to my system or updates applied.

• echolecter
    Original poster 354 posts

@rage_therapy Don't get your hopes up. Hate to bring any bad news but for me it crashed 4x within the hour yesterday. This is purely a server issue and probably happens when player map is in certain state (only part that is actually random) or when loading from (expired) caches. As usual these updates don't solve major issues, only few cosmetic ones. Probably an executive also wanted to use this new mask ...

Not sure what is going within that company but with all the latest news that is published, it doesn't look good at all. They're cancelling games and support on others. But of course you can still buy them for EUR 120,- just don't expect any bugs being fixed. If they were operating in another field they would have been sued out of existence with all these issues in their products.

• RAGE_THERAPY
    85 posts

@echolecter No hopes up here. As I said, "it's a lottery".... zero crashes yesterday and 4 today so far. No system changes. 100% non-user side issue.... all server.

• Caelin-01
    10 posts
    "do not install nvidia game experience"

I noticed that if I disable this from automatically running, I don't have any issues with crashing on my 3070 with DX12. Not sure what the issue is with geforce experience but it is only D2 that has issues with it from my experience.

• Pol.0
    3 posts

@echolecter Same here. Me and hundreds of others are unable to play the game without at least one or 2 "Freeze/crash" issues.. And when I say hundreds it's more likely thousands of us !

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hello there everyone.

Thank you all for posting and sharing your experiences with these crashes, along with what has/hasn't helped.

For any players continuing to see issues with crashing, we'd recommend following our technical troubleshooting guide here. These steps are designed to resolve the most common causes for these crashes. Should the crashes persist, we can use this guide to rule out a lot of possible factors.

If players have already followed the advice given in this thread, and followed our guide, please be in touch so that we can take a closer look for you!

Official Response
  • Mr.Uvuvwevwevwe
    1 posts

so recently i came back to this game but its still unplayable crashing every 10-20 min random freeze ups then gota force close it i trayed the official trouble shooting nothing worked same with this one any ideas ??

• HaywardGG
    109 posts

Game has froze 3 times in less than 45 minutes tonight during my stream. This is total incompetence. Ubicrash you are useless.

Love the game, hate the devs.

• HaywardGG
    109 posts

I'm starting to think this is personal now. Is it because I called you out on Twitter, Ubisoft ?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1294875966

4 VODs (update 5 now) on my feed right now from tonight, each crash gets quicker quicker.. This one was less than 4 minutes..

• HaywardGG
    109 posts

@rage_therapy Same for me. No issues all day yesterday, then today I've had 6 crashes .. The longest I've managed to play was 40 minutes. The shortest crash was 2 minutes. Ubisoft are ridiculous.

• CounterfitLoser
    1 posts

I have had the game steadily crashing for over 2 weeks due this update causing the anticheat to go nuts n me which causes me to crash before fully loading. I would love to know why this issue started slow and got worse with time.

• HaywardGG
    109 posts

@counterfitloser Ubisoft don't care, they literally don't care. I'm not trolling you, it's a fact. They are the worst at fixing game issues and even worse at customer support.

• MassiveVijayjay
    86 posts

Can't wait to be a part of Division 2: The Class Action Lawsuit

• Resssss_
    3 posts

Just wanted to update that after performing a BIOS update I was able to play for 2 hours with no crashing.

• Sergey3396
    3 posts

Не знаю как у вас. У меня каждые почти 5 минут было зависание игры. Почитал тут форумы делал все что рекомендовали, не помогло. Помогло одна вещь, а может и две. 1. Снял галочку с ограничении пропускной способности. 2. Я заметил одно, во время зависания у меня была надпись о подборе игроков ну типа кому-то нужна помощь. Просто отключил чат в игре, на всякий случи. Так что проблема может быть в первом и во втором варианте. Проблема в самой игре а не в железе. Играл больше часа. Первый вариант писали выше.

Suggested Topics