ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Giantholepunchr
    100 posts

i want a class action refund

• Naka___________
    1 posts

Ok, i just want to help here. I finally solved the crashes issue (didn't crashed once in 2 days) here's what i tried in order:

• Checking game files: didn't worked
    • Running the game with DX12: didn't worked
    • Deleting old cicerodata files in "Documents\My Games\The Division 2" folder: didn't worked
    • Re-installing the game on another drive and deleting The Division 2 folder in "Documents\My Games" : worked

• Viper3-vgUeNKsI
    1 posts

This game contains a lot of bugs and glitches that no one has touched in the 3 years since its release. How many times some of the mechanics that worked are already broken. The game is very unstable under the DX12 interface and it doesn't matter if you have an Nvidia or AMD gpu. It will happen by accident all the time. I've been playing the game since its release in 2019 and I know what problems I have to deal with. I wonder if the devs are playing their game at all.
    Apparently Ubisoft Massive does not have its game heart in the right place, which can be seen in the poor craftsmanship. Have a nice day.

• Killorio
    196 posts

@viper3-vguenksi Ubisoft Massive is definitely prioritizing the Avatar game that is set to release this year.

• Giantholepunchr
    100 posts

your game keeps crashing

• RAGE_THERAPY
    90 posts

Re: [Crash to Desktop Issues on PC - Post Title Update 14](/topic/127188/crash-to-desktop-issues-on-pc-post-title-update-14)

The Division 2 community manager tweeted that we shouldn't expect a fix until TU16, which is absolutely crazy given the amount of time between TU14 and the forthcoming TU15 likely next month. If almost 12 months wasn't enough time to fix the issue, I'll continue to have low expectations that they'll ever fix the PC instability issues.

Almost impossible to be excited about new content when the core application remains broken.

#Division2CrashFest

• echolecter
    Original poster 393 posts

@rage_therapy Given the current state of the PTS server and the issues that exist I think it is fair to say that their priorities aren't focussed on solving any of the existing bugs. They even know what causes some but don't fix these bugs first and re-launch the PTS phase. Instead they are using players to test what they should have done internally in the first place. And using Youtube as marketing tool and hoping a lot of videos will get posted showcasing the new content, they aren't going to show all the bugs and errors anyway.

It's like buying a new car while the factory is asking customers to check whether the breakes still work at high speeds. Don't know who is responsible for all this but they all should know better and point out the flaws. Hardly playing anymore and when update is released will check it out but I'm almost certain that it will be last time I start the game.

• Aldur2309
    45 posts

And another one: https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/ufpja4/pc_game_crashing_a_lot/: (https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/ufpja4/pc_game_crashing_a_lot)

Since the developers can't be bothered to post on this forum, they've replied about this issue on Twitter, see: https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/uf516g/updates_regarding_deltacrashing_issues_on_pc_on/: (https://old.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/uf516g/updates_regarding_deltacrashing_issues_on_pc_on)

It's been crashing for over a year now but they might get to it in the next update... So another 3 - 12 months. Almost as if they don't want people to play this game. Hard crashes to the desktop would be a top priority for any normal developer. But not Ubisoft/Massive, they ignore it for a year and then go with "meh, maybe we'll have a look at it for the next patch or so".

• WrecK3rr
    507 posts

@aldur2309 Wait there's a plan to fix them? That's a shocker!

• nui26CZ
    2 posts

Hello. The Division 2 started freezing after the update. Sometimes in half an hour,sometimes after a few hours. The only thing that will help is to open the task manager and exit the game. Never before with this problem has been... until now. Thank you for your answer and for the early resolution of the problem

• Giantholepunchr
    100 posts

ubi quit pretending to be deaf

• McBidouille_TD2
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • davidhines1
    22 posts

hi, by accident i started my game crashing but i have no idea if my problem is part of this issue.

i decided to mess around with graphics settings and the reasons why isn't important. for whatever reason, i decided i didn't need parallax mapping set on. i changed it and restarted the game.
    within an hour the game crashed hard; blackscreen, and alt tab didn't want to work. it took me a few minutes to make it tab out so i could kill the game in task man.

over the next day or two, the game would never run more than an hour, often far less, without the same kind of crash - either a total blackscreen, which reduced to a no window game exe running in background when alt tab, or it would reduce to a small 1280x720 black window, and need killing in task manager either crash.

yet the only change i made was with parallax mapping. i changed it back to on, and all my problems vanished from the restart onward. game hasn't crashed since and i have been playing for hours at a time.

now this thread makes me think there are multiple bugs causing similar looking crashes. maybe this is just one of them. i put my experience here in hopes devs can figure what is happening with at least one bug, and maybe help others avoid some of the crashes, make them less common or something.

im running the game on a TUF FX505GD gaming laptop.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz
    geforce GTX 1050 4gb vram
    16gb ram 2667 MHz dual channel.

• echolecter
    Original poster 393 posts

Considering all the posts made (here, previous forum, and other sites) by numerous players I think it is safe to say that every 'fix' has been tried already, yet everyone still experiences these issues. Changing something may give you the idea that you solved the issue but in reality it doesn't help at all. There are days, weeks that the game won't freeze, suspend, or crash and there are times it happens every 5 minutes.

The only part that changes is the server instance you are connected to and the route network packets take. Everything else (PC and installation) is more or less the same, we don't get an update of the TD2/connect on a daily basis. And with the issues that surfaced in the PTS-3 it only strengthens my suspicion that the root cause of all this missery is on the server side.

From a recent tweet I think they are currently planning on taking steps to fix it. So I suppose we can conclude their investigations are completed, or they are now going to start with them despite older statements. Besides, it's only planned, that doesn't mean they can solve the issue or have the solution at hand, it still is work-in-progress.

• ivan3000x
    17 posts

The game often freezes for unknown reasons, always under different circumstances.

This problem has been present for a long time, but it does not happen all the time. Sometimes it freezes every 10 minutes. Sometimes the whole day is fine.
    The game freezes, the screen turns black, the game goes into windowed mode, the task manager writes: “the division is not responding.”
    This happens only with this game. PTS also has this problem.
    I tried everything: I closed all third-party programs, updated all drivers, lowered graphics settings, switched directx 11 and directx 12, but still sometimes freezes and sometimes everything works well.
    I tried to run it on another computer, but everything repeats.

System :
    Windows 10
    Intel Core i9 8950HK.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB.
    SSD 512 GB.
    DDR4 RAM 2666 MHz 32 GB.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2297 posts

Hey there @ivan3000x, thanks for taking the time to get in touch and share that screenshot for me. I am sorry to hear that The Division 2 keeps crashing for you. I appreciate that you have already performed some troubleshooting steps, I just want to check here, did you follow the steps in this technical troubleshooting article? If not, I would recommend you go through it. As these steps can help rule out many of the common causes for technical-related issues.

If you have gone through those steps but you continue to experience freezes, I would like to assure you that our team is aware of this, and they have been looking into it since TU14 was released. For the latest updates regarding these crashes and freezes, please view our post here.

If you have any further questions or you experience any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Official Response
  • ivan3000x
    17 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    I went through these steps. It didn't help.

I am glad that you are aware of this problem and are solving it.
    I hope for you and I will wait for good news.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1363 posts

@ivan3000x

Not a problem. Keep an eye on the forums for updates and as soon as we have anything we'll let you know as soon as we do.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • pig756
    3 posts

@ivan3000x I had the same problem too. I went into settings and turned on the frame limit. that helped me and stopped the freezing. my computer build is very similar to yours

• Mr.T.Magnum
    175 posts

Try disable Ubisoft Connect-Overlay for games in Ubisoft-Connect settings and check...I have ONLY freezes in this game with this setting enabled (since nearly 2years after an Connect Update during that time and 0 change regarding this with later Connect-Updates).

Suggested Topics