ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sunmiX_GER
    2 posts

I have the same problem freezes/crashes at random times. I did every troubleshooting there is.
    I dont understand why Ubi/TD2 is not fixing the problem. So many people have the problem and the only reply we get : "try this or that or we are looking into it".
    Now that Daria said it will be fixed with the TU16 update we have to play with it through TU15 the first new content after 1 1/2years. I think TU15 has the potential that a lot of people
    are coming back to TD2 and there are still 5 weeks till this Season ends. All i can do is hope that the Dev-Team will fix it with TU15 and the Playerbase will go back up cause its a nice
    Game to play.

• fredspekvet
    40 posts

I have been playing myself recently, started again last week or so. I was hoping by now it would be fixed but the phenomanon is back and it even seems worse. Started a fresh lvl 1 agent, in the tutorial I had no less than 3 crashes. After that during the initial few hours I had another 3. decided that was enough for a while. As i have recently upgraded my pc (fully) I am now certain it has nothing to do with our systems. it's in the game. What it is , I don't know , but something is seriously messed up. It also seems that either you have it or you don't , but once you have it , it never goes away. Even my old trick that gave me a solid stability boost (ending Easyanticheat service as soon as it was loaded) in the past, did nothing. I'm at a total loss. I really DO want to play this game because I think it rocks, but again i'm stuck at ground zero, not being able to play. I could have been playing since launch... it's just so sad. The fact that Ubi seems aware of it is a plus, but it is taking them FAR too long to come up with a fix. TU16 is months away at the very least , and I want to play since launch.

Oh well. perhaps another good looter shooter will come around that tickles my fancy. I'm about 1 inch away from giving up completely. What a waste of money and frustration this has been, it's almost beyond belief. I have tried every single trick in the book, jumped through all the ubi support hoops, and what do i have to show for it? a game that keeps crashing on the most random moments. Sometimes when I open inventory, it just freezes and I can't even end the process, other times it freezes and closes itself, other times the screen goes black and that's the end of it. Do note that every other game on my PC do NOT crash, nor applications, the system has been tested for 72 hours constant stress testing (gpu, cpu, memory, storage, everything). Agents.... It's not you.

So, from me? this is another desperate cry for help to Ubi, knowing better, but as always trying. Please come up with a fix to this problem that is destroying the game for so many of us.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

@pig756 @Mr-T-Magnum - appreciate you for sharing this and do hope others will find these steps useful 🙂

@sunmiX_GER - thanks for reaching out and welcome to forums!

I would like to assure you that this is the matter that our team is looking into and due to the complexity of the matter, certain things can sometimes take a little longer than expected.

Apologies about the inconvenience this may have caused so far and we will try to keep you all in the loop as we go.

Official Response
  • Saqiw
    98 posts

Remember guys, dont buy anything from UBIsoft, they dont care and never will

• ivan3000x
    15 posts

@pig756 Thanks for the advice, but I have had the frame limit enabled for a long time

how many frames do you have?

• ivan3000x
    15 posts

@mr-t-magnum are you talking about this parameter : enable in-game overlay from supported games ?

• Mr.T.Magnum
    175 posts

@ivan3000x Yes!

• X7Legend7X
    1 posts

After seeing the length of this support issue. How long it has been one. I "do" know of it and agree to it being a problem. I have to say something like "Holy crap" to those responsible for this problem. What a disgraceful let down to your customers. And to those who respond from company side. Why? After this long, let's not waste time with nonsense answers, things seem pointless until those responsible fix the issue. Until then all, as obvious as it seems to this point. We all know the issue and there it remains.

• Emberwen
    1 posts

I started having this issue as well with no changes made to my end. I have tried all the recommended steps and things posted by others with no success. The game locking up is so random so I can't even point to a repeatable issue. I was really wanting to level the new character I started and get back into the game but they seem unable to fix this after all this time.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for kindly taking the time out to continue to share updates.

I can assure you that as soon as we have any updates we will be happy to share them.

In the mean time, if we can help with anything else then just let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for your continued updates on this matter.

As soon as we have an update to sare we will be happy to do so.

Thank you for your patience

Official Response
  • RAGE_THERAPY
    87 posts

@emberwen Random is absolutely the best description and what makes it so hard to help troubleshoot. I had an hour-long session this morning with no crashes and then 5 crashes in an hour this afternoon... so there is no repeatable sequence of events to narrow in on.

With the Title Update 15 and new content dropping this week it is going to be frustrating and unenjoyable to play on PC, but the carrot has been dangled that they are going to fix the issue in Title Update 16 which we likely won't see until Fall. They've only had almost a year since Title Update 14 and it was an issue even before that, so I question if and when we'll see stability return to the PC platform.

• Warhead161
    5 posts

ok ubi make hype and joke of us with new content,looks like new cinematics too. but more then one year waiting for fix of crashing on pc.new update will fix game or not?answer me ubi,i dont wanna instal again your broken game.

• HoltenderMatt
    1 posts

I have suffered with this after playing the game fine for over a year.
    I have removed and done a clean install, no difference.
    I also suffer similar problems in Rainbow Six Seige.

Last night I went into the GeForce Experience and disabled the In Game Overlay, I also enabled and configured Image Scaling.
    I was able to play smoothly for about an hour, I had no stuttering steps, no sticking whilst running around streets, no crashing out to Windows.

I will continue to play and see how it goes, but wanted to point it out in case it can help anyone else.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@holtendermatt Hey there! Thanks for sharing how you were able to enjoy the Division 2 without stuttering and crashes.

Official Response
  • Agent_Ares
    166 posts

The game "stalls" every hour or so and it seems to be random.
    Me and a Friend both running Nvidia he has a 3080 I have a 1060

The game stalls so much that - it doesn't even result in a crash so you can't "report crash" with the crash launcher.
    It just "Alt Tabs" and changes to windowed mode and stalls the game.

Cases of when it Crashed:
    Transition from Night to Dawn
    Running into Kojika Traps
    Opening a Door and Animation of some random NPC screaming ( cinematic style )

• Killorio
    157 posts
    @holtendermatt Last night I went into the GeForce Experience and disabled the In Game Overlay, I also enabled and configured Image Scaling.
    I was able to play smoothly for about an hour, I had no stuttering steps, no sticking whilst running around streets, no crashing out to Windows.

Could this BE??

• davidhines1
    22 posts

well tu15 dropped and ubi decided to make things worse by making a f2p weekend for division 2.
    so far today i have had:
    game not freezing but getting stuck at 100% loading. alt tab fixed that until
    game dumped me to menu with delta 3 error and for no good reason turned on menu speech to text in order to irritate me more.

then i got into base of operations and bought a gun, put it in stash for my collection of AR and tried to leave base. none of the gates would open.
    dumped to menu delta 3 error.
    final try i tried to leave base, gates wont open, tried to quit game, had to kill it with task manager.

its not my connection to servers ubisoft. its your servers would have been near maxed out with your new update because ppl wanted to try expertise and countdown. now the servers cant cope at all with a free to play weekend on top.

i say this here not to hijack thread, but so other people know its not worth making any reports on the freezing issue until 16 may.

• Agent_Ares
    166 posts

@agent_ares

This is getting frustrating 2 more "Game Stalls" this morning both times when trying to "Answer Call for Help"

• BenchAndGames
    5 posts

same here this crash to desktop and game goes to windows mode its very common, at least about 1 year or so....and still happening, just had 1 right now....

Suggested Topics