ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LightUpTheEyes
    Original poster 99 posts

I'm a solo For Honor player for the most part and I know I'm most definitely not alone in that. I can't convince any of my real life friends that this game is actually fun. Can we please get solo lobbies for this game? Recently I've only been getting in lobbies that have a full stack of 4 players and it's just not a fun experience when everyone is running off doing their own thing. I really think it will help the player base grow as well because it is beyond frustrating to just keep running into sweat stacks over and over.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MCBooma16
    198 posts

Something like this needs to exist in every game, but that unfortunately isn't the reality.

I feel the same way, but I've started to look at it a little differently.

A lot of people don't actually think about this when they're playing in groups, and typically matchmaking tries to put groups together vs other groups. However, some players just want to play with their buddies and talk.

Just because they're in a group and have communication options doesn't mean they're going to win every time. Yes, communication matters, but sometimes random players just have better synergy and feeling on the battlefield and end up destroying a friend group.

Besides, most players that play in groups aren't always using their communication to their advantage. They might tell each other where everyone is but you can do that without talking. Just look at the radar or look out from a point and make a decision based off of where the opponents are. Most average and below average players aren't going to be setting up sick optimal ganks with their communication. They're probably having a good time, talking some trash, and saying they're gonna destroy you because it's a 2v1. They probably take it a step further and communicate YOUR team's tendencies and how they like to fight. "Their Berserker doesn't feint any of his heavies." Their Kensei is constantly uneasy, feint and punish his dodge attacks." "Their Gryphon only kicks, dodge and GB." Little things like this CAN work in their favor and might really turn the tide. Giving your buddies a heads up is key information.

Players in a group will do better mostly because they just play better lol, and not because of anything else.

If you have good randoms on your team, you'll know. Good players will be able to learn fast and punish their opponent's tendencies without the heads-up communication.

I went against a group of 3 and my team were randoms. Every other game or so I'd be put on their team and we'd have a full team. Of course, we'd tell each other key info during the match, and have normal conversations on the side.

After 4 or 5 games in the same lobby I fully understood how they all played. As Shaolin, I was able to survive ganks and use my feats in such a way that aided my team of randoms. I knew their tendencies and how they like to gank. All of a sudden none of their gank pressure scared me, even in a 1v3 or 1v4. The whole match, they were getting slaughtered. They couldn't survive a team fight with me around, I had them figured out. I had them figured out so bad that my Shaolin deflects were hitting multiple opponents at once. I finished them off with style.

Even though they had the ability to talk to one another they weren't using that ability to adapt. You can expect most players aren't going to adapt, either, and the moral of the story is randoms vs groups isn't as bad as you think.

• LightUpTheEyes
    Original poster 99 posts

@mcbooma16 I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately in my mmr, it's always a super sweat team usually consisting of the same 3 teams of same people I regularly go up against.

They don't play casually, they use extremely well coordinated optimal ganks, correct peeling and rotation and I always have a team of uncoordinated people who don't even understand how revenge works let alone know how to do a proper rotation. Very rarely do I get a good team of randoms, it happens but more times than not I have a bot because someone quit and someone who just bought the game yesterday for some reason.

Solo lobbies are the way to go, it desperately needs to happen. I'm just so tired of waiting upwards of 5 mins trying to find a match just to be placed in a match which one of the 3 teams. It's beyond frustrating.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@lightuptheeyes
    I already let a Forum open invitation to PS4 / 5 players to join me and @Nydardoloth .
    Its the only way to compete against 4 stack team. Its to have a four stack team with comunications. We dont need Faraams or Freezes players... Just guys that could follow some strategy.

But its me and @Nydardoloth ... No entrys... And somehow i got tired, im pausing the game PvP until i gain the will to play it again...

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

In the past I created a topic about basic Dominion rules, where I explained the most common mistakes to avoid, and the most pertinent actions that should be taken as well as the behavior that should be adopted in certain occasions.

feedback was non-existent. Because everyone thinks they know how to play Dominion, and everyone thinks Dominion is played based on takedowns and ganks.

The focus of the game is the zones and the joint effort to maintain the zones for as long as possible. A captured zone with no one in it generates 1 point per second. With a companion inside it generates 2. The conquered zone B (minions) always generates 2 points, which is very important to keep the zone B.

But nobody wants to know... what they want is takedowns, and everyone is in a group on the ganks... As I said, everyone thinks they know how to play Dominion...

What happens is that Solo are hostages of organized teams because they are always with 2 or more elements, and because our own team, instead of thinking about primary objectives, prefer to try to arm themselves in Leonidas to conquer the great Spartan Glory and fight against 2 or 3 opponents alone...

And than its a vicious circle...you die, respawn and go fight against 2 or 3 because meanwhile some teamates died... And than you die again... Respawn and outnumbered again... Over and over until it ends.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@PicoAncus is the only dude I've played with and want to play with in the last two years, beforehand my 1-2 dudes just gave up and quit. @PicoAncus is also the only dude that I've been grouped with that wants to win, everyone else sucks a chocolate starfish and tries to lose on purpose.

I personally think it best to regroup the playerbase properly, aside from rep which means nothing.

Groups of 4 vs groups of 4 OR two groups of 2.
    Groups of 2 vs groups of 2 OR set them against groups of 4.
    Singles should only be thrust into teams of other singles UNLESS they are replacing a BOT in which their stats won't be effected because their teams avoid them solely because they are a single. Orders still count which is pretty important.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@nydardoloth I played with you two once and I played to win tho 😞

Am a pc gamer though

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@deathtocakl
    Yes. And we won most of the games. Im eager that you join us more often. 😄

• Mayan_Master
    559 posts

@picoancus I would join but I CANNOT FIND A PLAY 5 IN STOCK

also my son is playing on the xbox x, so only PC.
    But we can try in chivalry 2 with crossplatform HOMEVER( a big homever) scripters are worst in there.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@mayankinggaming we live the ps4 life with the hard to parry lights. At least with pico.

Am on pc as you know

• Mayan_Master
    559 posts

@deathtocakl ok, undondory sometimes join me if any of you wants to add me in PC: Horkos-BabaYaga
    Xbox: Jarl Blot
    dominion mostly, duels meh, brawls maybe.
    I don´t do duels right now because some people I added made a big thing if they lose or win, but if I win many matches they stopped to talk to me 😞 also I just prefer 4vs4 (breach if is available), and at that is where we need good teamates, even more the veterans.
    Undondory is good, excellent support also (he was priest class in world of warcraft), my biggest flaw is using PK in 4vs4 lolz, but he uses shaman and zhanhu.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@mayankinggaming oh I absolutely prefer 4v4 modes. It's just that I excel in duels is all.

I'll totally add you and try to hit you up when you're on though.

Also I don't really get mad at losing. I will point out my/your mistakes though.

• undondory
    875 posts

@mayankinggaming
    and nuxia and don't you forget it young man! that way our ganks can be as baffling as possible speaking of which when can we murder again? tell me here or on Ubisoft

• undondory
    875 posts

@deathtocakl
    your pointing out our mistakes will either be really good or incredibly annoying

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@undondory usually it's improper punishes or bad habits I notice.

My favorite example being orochi players that do double light off a heavy parry. Zone + light is 4 more damage. I smh every time

• undondory
    875 posts

@deathtocakl
    that's a very... unusual thing to notice I'm lucky in that respect because nuxia has her specialized heavy parry light

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@undondory well I essentially know everything about the game. Attack speeds, damage values, max punishes, weird interactions.

So I see a Valk or a glad get a heavy parry and do a light instead of a forward dodge light and I obtain sadness.

• undondory
    875 posts

@deathtocakl
    Depends if it works for your benefit

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@undondory I honestly enjoy players being good at the game. Even if its at my expense.

Glad does a casual 74 to 96 damage max punish and I'm like "holy [censored] he actually took the time to learn to [censored] my [censored] up"

• undondory
    875 posts

@deathtocakl
    interesting... how much nuxia knowledge can you pass on to me that probably didn't already know

Suggested Topics