ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ace0275
    Original poster 7 posts

Hi all

Long story short, I'm completely unable to launch either Origins or Odyssey, I'm around 65% of the way through Origins, and have not started Odyssey yet. Will no launch through uPlay, Connect or Steam.

Around 18-24 months ago, Origins stopped launching. I bought Odyssey and Origins together and the issue is affecting both, which leaves me completely unable to complete the game I've been playing, and also unable to even launch the other one for quite some time now

Initially I tried replacing uPlay with Connect, however Ubisoft connect would not connect to it's servers to allow me to login, but this was fixed with removing any network proxy settings. Since then I can launch Connect, however still no luck with launching either game. Since then, I have amongst other things tried:

Reinstalling both games numerous times
    Reinstalling Steam numerous times
    Reverting back to uPlay (Which isn't easy on it's own)
    Removing VPN software

At this stage I'm just exhausted with ideas, which has really put me off purchasing Valhalla, because I'd be suprised if it will run at this stage

This is only effecting Assassin's Creed titles, and all my other games on steam are running fine.

David

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎21/‎08/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1415

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Unsure if it matters, but Ubisoft Connect/uPlay is installed on system drive C, whereas my games are installed on my second drive D

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ace0275
    Original poster 7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey there @ace0275, sorry to hear that and thanks for the information. You mentioned that this has only occurred for the Assassin's Creed franchise, but can you elaborate on this further for me? Which other games run fine for you, and are these Ubisoft titles? If possible, could you also try using a different internet connection to download them? It definitely sounds like it could be connectivity related. Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Official Response
  • Ace0275
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-gizmo Hi

Yes this is only occurring on the Assassins Creed Franchise. I've just checked and it's affecting all my AC games (AC II, Brotherhood, Revelations, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey). When trying to launch either through Ubisoft Connect or Steam, the 'Play' button in steam shows 'Stop' for around 4 seconds, before reverting back to 'Play'. No windows appear or load.

I do own the 2012 version of Rocksmith, which is working fine, and is also a Ubisoft product. Maybe this doesn't require Connect? This is where my suspicions lie for now

I've checked most of my other games and can't find any other games that are failing to launch.

I haven't tried downloading or playing using any other internet connections, but I suppose I could bring the PC to my folks house and use theirs to try it. My connection has never caused any issues in the past that I'm aware of. I'm with Virgin Media. I do have an msinfo file available if required.

David

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Hey @ace0275,

Thanks for getting back to us - sorry for our delayed response!

If you haven't done so already, could you give these further troubleshooting steps a try, including verifying the game's files.

I'd also suggest reinstalling the Ubisoft Connect client if you haven't already tried this too.

If there's still no change, could you please send us your DxDiag and MSinfo system files via a Support Case?

There we can take a closer look and establish what else may be preventing your games from launching.

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further help!

Official Response
  • Ace0275
    Original poster 7 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry Apologies for the delay, busy week

I've tried a few different things, and I found it appears to be related to administrator rights for Ubisoft-Connect

Starting Ubisoft-Connect as an administrator didn't resolve the issue, however I went through the AC games and selected 'Run as an administrator' in the settings so it always does by default, and done the same for Ubisoft-Connect and tested Origins and it opened straight up

Thanks for your assistance

David

• Ubi_Plush
    Ubisoft Support Staff 364 posts

@ace0275 Thank you for updating us about the issue. Glad to hear it has now been resolved 🙂

Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else 👍.

Official Response

Suggested Topics