ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• brady2827
    Original poster 23 posts

Whenever we commit to certain goals in videogames, sometimes those goals could end up not only being very tedious, but also a huge struggle. True commitment to such goals often takes years of our lives just to get there, and once there, a huge weight would be lifted off our shoulders. Not to mention, all the other priorities and obstacles that come with it. Believe me, as you're about to read, that's exactly what I've had to do (something I hope never to do ever again).

When The Crew 2 was first released, one of it's features involved earning followers in race events, skills or otherwise. Going up a high enough fame level earns us some good rewards (initially crew credits, and later, icon points) for us to use to our own desires. As time went on, the big goal was to reach the highest Icon level possible (which turned out to be Icon 9,999). For years, in-between collecting vehicles and consistently placing 1st in events, my goal ended up being this: to reach Icon level 9,999 before the TC2 servers natively close down, no matter what obstacles come with it. If i never reached icon 9,999 by the time the servers closed down, the goal would be lost forever, a prospect I could not afford. And guess what, that's exactly what I had to do, which I did.

By the time TC2 turned 3 years old (roughly end of June 2021), my icon level was around 6,750. At that point, the average icon level-up per year was 2,250.

The final six months however were full-on, earning all the remaining icon levels (around the mid 3,200s), largely helped by the 50% followers increase in select events near the end of USST - West Edition, and the 2x followers increase in the new Icy Xmas event (layout largely based on the To The Big Cow event).

After three years, six months, and the first new day of 2022, I finally made it: Icon level 9,999, becoming the 70th online player on the PS4/PS5 to reach that goal. Here's the proof:

Now, to all the haters who say I should not waste my time trying to get to this goal, I only have two things for you:

1. Shut.
    2. Up.

But the work's still not over, as there is still more work to do. Reaching Icon level 9,999 was my second major completed goal, the first being converting all vehicles to Legendary parts paired with the Nitro Chemist Set Bonus.

My third goal - which I would declare as "ongoing" - will be to create perfect sets for every vehicle in my collection. Thankfully, I only have the Street Race four-wheelers and the Touring four-wheelers to do, which is over 200 vehicles all up.

Beyond that, my service with TC2 appears to be at an end, whether I admit it for not. But for what's it's worth, I hope the developers never repeat this tedious process ever again (that's right Ivory Tower, I'm watching you, servants of the devil!).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-MrDrPink
    Community Manager 103 posts

@brady2827 Congratulations on hitting Icon 9999!

Official Response
  • CREW_ITALY
    69 posts

@ubi-mrdrpink
    it is becoming a problem you get a few followers in the free mode the races with the magnet kit + popular parts + all the points to have + followers are blocked and not recognized are recognized only in the races but in the free mode they block to 3500 followers while 1 year ago they he was able to get even 5000 followers with fewer points assigned. race new york has become pitiful the vehicles are all stuck and slow too much traffic that hurt coming into you the vehicle gives me the feeling that it is stuck at 80% of its capacity - the game is cheating all the old players - downgrading the vehicles by winning very low icons - This thing is so clear to everyone that they have stopped playing in many but ubisoft does nothing and it seems that everything is correct. sorry my bad english 

Suggested Topics