ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• r0dney418
    Original poster 5 posts

I realise that this game is not getting much love from Ubi any more, but there is one, ONE thing that would massively improve the Online mode, and that's fixing the horrible Playlist for co-op missions! Since progress through that resets every time you log off, it's almost impossibleto actually get to the missions at the end of it, and you just end up playing the same first 2-4 missions over and over again every single time. It doesn't need a big fix, just changing it so that it randomises the missions each playthrough would be enough to make it 100x more useful and entertaining.

If you guys don't do anything else, at least do this ONE thing! Please, I'm begging you...

Rodney

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2272 posts

Hey @r0dney418

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the online mode playlist. I have forwarded this on to the game team for you. If there's any updates to this, it will be mentioned in the patch notes we post in the News and Announcements section.

Official Response
  • T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@ubi-froggard

Please be aware,

The co-op missions are not supposed to fail on player death unless all players have died.
    This issue began after installing the update released in march(or early April)

The issue was reported to support both in forum and through support website within days of the updates release and has never been resolved or even responded to.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@r0dney418

Rodney,

I know its currently busted, and I have also reported about the same thing.

Not to downplay the need for it to be resolved but,

currently I think the bug causing the auto detect issue is a higher priority for us all.
    Since it ruins all modes including co-op.

Once it has been remedied I had planned on pursuing this issue next, rather than at the same time in hopes of a faster resolution.

Obviously its up to you to agree and join forces with those of us who are doing it or continue however you like.

I was just sharing information.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@ubi-froggard

Hey it didn't appear that you noticed the second issue Rodney mentioned so I pointed it out.

But I wanted to thank you and say good job for your handling of the mission order.
    Also I agree with Rodney that is an awesome idea.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

@t1gerassassin Hey! We appreciate you providing this additional information and will pass it on to the game team.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    469 posts
    @t1gerassassin Hey! We appreciate you providing this additional information and will pass it on to the game team.

@Ubi-Viral, I have reported the Co-Op playlist issue on the bug reporter ages ago and i've yet to get a response. The bug report no. is WDL-1269

Please can I ask that the dev team is made of what I have said above

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@ubi-viral

Much appreciated viral, please would you add the reference provided by air soft in the previous comment.
    Thanks

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

@t1gerassassin No problem at all.

Thank you.

@A1R50FT-10 I will pass this on. Thank you.

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    469 posts
    @A1R50FT-10 I will pass this on. Thank you.

@Ubi-Viral please advise what will now happen as the Bug Reporter appears to have been taken offline smh

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello @a1r50ft-10 thanks for highlighting your bug report about the online co-op missions progress.

As mentioned on our other active threads, we do not have any further title updates planned for the game, so I am unable to confirm that this issue will be addressed. You can find our previous patch notes and bug that were addressed, here > https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/714/news-announcements?lang=en-US

Our official communication regarding the final update can be found here >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/watch-dogs/legion/news-updates/2ilc5NtwVTZdIUqekyyVd6/an-update-from-the-development-team

I am afraid there is nothing else we can add to this blog post, other than we will pass your concerns on about this online co-op progress bug to the team.

Official Response
  • r0dney418
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-milky That sounds very much like a "No, this isn't ever going to be fixed", which is very disappointing. Changing the Co-op Playlist to randomise missions instead of playing though them in a same order every single time would be a relatively small and easy fix to make, but would make the online Co-op mode significantly better and more interesting.

As it stands, my friends and I are probably never going to experience half of the Co-op missions you guys created, because we just don't have the time to spend several hours in one sitting to play through the Playlist to the end - and there's literally no other way to experience those missions. I can't imagine the devs who created those missions are happy about them being effectively closed off to half the player base; and nor am I happy that I'll probably never be able to play a huge chunk of content that I paid for 😞

I really love this game, it's almost one of the best games I've ever played (and I've played a LOT), but you guys seem to have done 99% of the work on it, and then just decided to give up right before getting to the finishing line. Like i say, disappointing. And really makes me wonder if it's worth buying Ubisoft games in future.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@r0dney418

You only need two people for 2 of the missions.

You can solo the rest, just play like a dedsec and their easy.

But also, yeah that can't be that difficult of a request.

Sometimes I wonder if they just make up bs in those glitch fix reports.
    Personally I've never seen any glitches or bugs get fixed.

But supposedly the important shiz gets fixed, ya know like putting a hand in a pocket, they sure got some pretty fart smellers over there huh.

• r0dney418
    Original poster 5 posts

@t1gerassassin The number of people required to do the missions isn't the issue. The issue is that you HAVE to play them all IN ORDER. Maybe you can solo them all in 10 minutes each or whatever and that's great for you, but for the average player we are talking having to spend several hours in one session working through the whole playlist just to even see The Red Blade mission. I'd like to be able to jump in for an hour or two and play a couple of random missions instead of having to play through Dysfunction and Dangerous Driving AGAIN every single time.

That's all I'm asking. It's really that simple, and not hard to implement.

• A1R50FT-10
    469 posts

@r0dney418 i second that. I even went out of my way to list the mission order for Ubisoft just for them to pull the plug on this game. It's [censored] to be honest

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@r0dney418

Ya bruh, that's why I agreed with you.

Gee whiz Jimminy sorry I'm such a boss it deserves complaints rotflmfaop

• robinkyle11
    1 posts

As it stands, my friends and I are probably never going to experience half of the Co-op missions you guys created, because we just don't have the time to spend several hours in one sitting to play through the Playlist to the end - and there's literally no other way to experience those missions.

I can't imagine the devs who created those missions are happy about them being effectively closed off to half the player base; and nor am I happy that I'll probably never be able to play a huge chunk of content that I paid for 😞

I really love this game, it's almost one of the best games I've ever played (and I've played a LOT), but you guys seem to have done 99% of the work on it, and then just decided to give up right before getting to the finishing line. Like i say, disappointing. And really makes me wonder if it's worth buying Ubisoft games in future.

That sounds very much like a "No, this isn't ever going to be fixed", which is very disappointing.

Changing the Co-op Playlist to randomise missions instead of playing though them in a same order every single time would be a relatively small and easy fix to make, but would make the online Co-op mode significantly better and more interesting.

Suggested Topics